A pacific Salted poorfish saves

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

A pacific Salted poorfish saves

Post by tikkidaddy »

THE BACON for spyderco w/ this longtime customer!!

Recently, after a absence of 2 yrs purchasing from the Spyderco line I bought a knife that turned out to be of usual Spydie quality, but was in fact a factory error.

Sal, Kristi and the Spydie team jumped over hoops tryin' to get me to return the little "mutant" SchemmpRock, but so far it has performed as well as the other user Spydies in my collection. I decided to keep it.

Placing an order w/ poorfish.com for a Pacific Salt, I decided to give the guys in "spydie japan" 1 last shot.

I have to say my Pacific in H1 w/ spyderedge is a wonderful little pocket knife. Lightweight and sharp are not words I would use to describe it.
More like "inconsequential weight and OMG SCARY SHARP!" are totally accurate.

Fit/finish excellent. Blade thickness appealing though this isnt a prybar...and I wont be thinking of using it for such.
I would have prefered a titanium liner for the "yeller" FRN handles, for added strength, but it isnt really necessary.
Opens and closes as smooth as silk w/ addition of Ballistol lubricant. Pocket clip is basic but very tight and functional.

I sweat alot in the hot summers here in sc: some of my other stainless folders will come home w/flash rust in the workings, or on the furnishings after 1 days exposure to my caustic skin.

So thanks Spyderco for a great knife. Heard people say they were dissapointed w/this blade because "H1 was hard to sharpen" and dulled too quick...Then they revealed they were cutting copper cables w/it!!

To those people I say "Get some wire cutters, a STSM, and a life"

RESPECT THE BLADE!!
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Nice! My ears always perk up when I hear a good H1 story. :) By the way, would you be able to post some pics of your "mutant" Schempp Rock? :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Holland

Post by Holland »

would also love to see a photo of your mutant schempp rock!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
tikkidaddy
Location: marietta sc...but im not sure if its on earth though!!

Post by tikkidaddy »

Actually...I posted pics in a thread called "Hey, Sal got a rockin' question" I forget what section its under now..I REALLY dont wanna stir the pot again, but it looks like the RockSalt on the averse side of the blade, and the SchemmpRock on the backside! Now, its not H1, its vg1.

Kinda neet huh? Its perfect in every other way. Sharp as a razor. I havent cut up stuff w/it outside but it cuts indoor stuff fine. I always wanted the RockSalt and was unable to get one before Golden pulled the plug on production of that great knife.

Maybe this is the best of both worlds, until I can find a RS for sale.
"I hate the thought of killing anything, its the last thing I would advise, but as a matter of survival, all creatures are fair game."-- Les Stroud.

I wonder if spyders feel that way too??--mark.