The pain of losing another knife...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
BonnieDoon

The pain of losing another knife...

Post by BonnieDoon »

Lost my very first White Delica at Xmas, then 2 days ago I lost my replacement White Delica :( Not meant to have a white one I guess. Sorry just needed to vent
Viva La :spyder:

My :spyder: knives:
Endura 4 PE
Endure 4 SE
Foliage Green Delica 4 CE
Purple Endura 4 FFG
White Delica 4 CE
Aqua Salt SE
Dragonfly Salt PE
Holland

Post by Holland »

that really sucks. on the bright side, they are readily available and can be had for a fair price, especially on the secondary market.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Sorry to hear about your loss, BonnieDoon. :( It's always a bummer to lose a good blade. Although I've never lost a Spydie, I've had at least one or two that grew some legs and "walked" away. Good luck in finding a replacement. As Holland mentioned, you can still get the white FRN Delicas and Dragonflys if you shop around.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Donut

Post by Donut »

=( I hope you find it.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I feel your pain and sorry to hear about your loss.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
A.P.F.

Post by A.P.F. »

I am sorry for your loss. :(
Regards, Al

The "soul" of hi-tech materials like G-10, H1, ZDP, Titanium, carbon fiber, etc is found in the performance. That appreciation of the "spirit" comes out in time, after use. It's saying, you can depend on me! I'm there for you no matter what! - Sal Glesser
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Do these have a pocketclip? I've never lost a knife with a clip. Some of my LEvi's get shredded by the clips sometimes because they hold so aggressively.
Sonny
vonPrueschnek

Post by vonPrueschnek »

I feel your pain. I lost a 1st generation Kiwi last week.
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

white frn spydecos readily available? where pray rell is thatl?
JD Spydo

It's a special kind of pain

Post by JD Spydo »

It is truly gut-wrenching to lose a really good knife>> especially one you use a lot and one you've had a long time. I just recently either lost or got stolen my G-10 handled Harpy which I had for about 8 years and used it just about that long also. It was back in February when it came up missing and I still think about it a lot :(

When I was working in some wetlands up in North Missouri a while back I lost a VG-10, SE Spyderhawk. I still bum out everytime I think of that knife. I also lost a really nice ATS-55 plain edged Merlin model in the same wetlands.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Knifeaddict

Post by Knifeaddict »

maybe it's not lost . have you looked under the car seat and such? I have had seat belts hook my knives out of my pocket. even had one incident where the trash lid caught the clip and hooked the knife right into the trash!! If i hadnt of heard the clunk i would have lost it !!!

dont give up yet . Look around a bit
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

vonPrueschnek wrote:I feel your pain. I lost a 1st generation Kiwi last week.
Egads! :eek: That is truly unfortunate. :( By the way, welcome to the Forum, vonPrueschnek. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
peacekeeper

Post by peacekeeper »

This is a very bad pain,i lost my c22 walker two months ago and still searching every day!!
vonPrueschnek

Post by vonPrueschnek »

SpyderNut wrote:Egads! :eek: That is truly unfortunate. :( By the way, welcome to the Forum, vonPrueschnek. :)
Thanks
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I often clipped my SpyderHawk SE to my shorts when I mow the lawn, handy for trimming brush/weeds as I need. Went to mow the lawn one day and couldn't find the knife *anywhere*. I was really bummed, especially since they are discontinued and not available anymore. So I settled for my SpyderHawk PE, and proceeded to mow the yard.

As I mowed over one patch of grass I found my lost SpyderHawk SE, fortunately it was low enough in the grass that the mower blade did not hit it. It had been out in the yard for over a week in the weather, sure glad that H1 is rustproof! And that no one walking by on the sidewalk had seen it and walked off with it.

It is a miserable feeling to lose a knife, especially one that cannot easily be replaced!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)