My Blade Show Experience

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v8r

My Blade Show Experience

Post by v8r »

Went by the Spyderco booth today, and all I can say is that the Spydercrew was super friendly. Talked with Mike Janich, Ed Schempp, Eric Glesser and few other people from Spyderco, and was quite surprised at how friendly and down to earth everyone was. These people truly care about their customers. I watched Eric run out of the booth to show a kid how to use a Baliyo that he had just purchased. Eric spent more than 5 minutes showing the kid how to use the thing. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that they have a customer for life from me.

On a side note I purchased a Yojimbo II and Michael Janich signed the box for me. How cool is that?
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
Clip

Post by Clip »

I don't know what's cooler, you getting Michael Janich's signature on the box or you getting your hands on a Yo2!
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
paisa777

Post by paisa777 »

were the prices MSRP or comparable to CS, Knifeworks, etc?
v8r

Post by v8r »

I paid $126.00 tax and all. I thought that was more than reasonable.
V8R

v8r

Post by v8r »

By the way guys the Tuff is wicked cool in person, I'm down for one!
V8R

Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Another one of those conventions I wish I could go to.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Awesome!! I'd love to get to go to Blade!
How was the Southard flipper??
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Sounds like a lot of fun!

I hope this means new Yo2s are imminent! Mine has been on backorder for over 6 months.
:bug-red-white
austinguy23

Post by austinguy23 »

Take some video and/or pics. I'd also love to know the estimated release date of the Tuff.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am just jelous :)
May be next year..........
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
v8r

Post by v8r »

I will check out the Southard flipper tommorow and let yall know.
V8R

C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

v8r wrote:I will check out the Southard flipper tommorow and let yall know.
Thanks man!
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
Donut

Post by Donut »

I wonder if that means production is rolling on the Yo2 and more will be available soon.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
prime77

Post by prime77 »

v8r wrote:Went by the Spyderco booth today, and all I can say is that the Spydercrew was super friendly. Talked with Mike Janich, Ed Schempp, Eric Glesser and few other people from Spyderco, and was quite surprised at how friendly and down to earth everyone was. These people truly care about their customers. I watched Eric run out of the booth to show a kid how to use a Baliyo that he had just purchased. Eric spent more than 5 minutes showing the kid how to use the thing. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that they have a customer for life from me.

On a side note I purchased a Yojimbo II and Michael Janich signed the box for me. How cool is that?
I went today as well v8r and my experience is the same as yours. Sal, Ed, and Eric were both really busy with the crowds the first time I went to the booth but my wife and I had a great time talking to Sal's wife. She was so friendly and went out of here way to talk to us. A girl named Kelly took the time to show me almost every knife in the display it seemed. The second time I went around the booth I spent quite a amount of time talking to Ed Schempp about his designs and years he's worked with Spyderco. A really nice down to earth guy who loves knives. He seemed really proud of the Tuff as he showed it to me. Also you guys should see his knives he keeps in his pack.

After Ed I got a chance to shake hands and meet Sal and was impressed by the one on one time he spent talking with me. He really seems to care about his customers. We talked about everything from what knife he uses in yard (Military) to simple things like how I was enjoying the show. He really was a nice man. I was about to leave the booth and literally bumped into Eric and got a chance to speak with him for a while. I really feel privileged to meet these legends in the knife community and people who really seemed to care about there customers.
v8r

Post by v8r »

For those of you that are going to Blade check out Butch Vollaton's booth. He converted a Spydie Vollaton folder to a auto. It is pretty cool.
V8R

v8r

Post by v8r »

Looked all over the spyderco booth did not see the Southard flipper sorry.
V8R

prime77

Post by prime77 »

v8r wrote:Looked all over the spyderco booth did not see the Southard flipper sorry.
It was in the award display case in the center of the show. Spyderco entered it in the collaboration category.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I was lucky enough to make it to Blade for the Friday opening.

Before the show opened I had the great pleasure of meeting Jim and Barb Howe, proprietors of Howes Knife Shop. It was great to thank them for their fantastic service.

Once the doors opened I headed to the Spyderco booth. I had the pleasure of meeting Messrs Mike Janich, Ed Schempp and Eric Glesser. It was a pleasure to personally thank them for their fantastic designs. I was also able to see some of Mr. Schempp's current designs; artistry in iron is a better description. If you are able to go ask to see his Broken Feather Damascus knife.

Blade Show Booth Spyderco by Pinetreebbs

Now to all those wanting pictures and video...

Blade Spyderco Warning by PinetreeBBS
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
prime77

Post by prime77 »

Pinetreebbs wrote:I was lucky enough to make it to Blade for the Friday opening.

Before the show opened I had the great pleasure of meeting Jim and Barb Howe, proprietors of Howes Knife Shop. It was great to thank them for their fantastic service.

Once the doors opened I headed to the Spyderco booth. I had the pleasure of meeting Messrs Mike Janich, Ed Schempp and Eric Glesser. It was a pleasure to personally thank them for their fantastic designs. I was also able to see some of Mr. Schempp's current designs; artistry in iron is a better description. If you are able to go ask to see his Broken Feather Damascus knife.

I saw it and it was amazing. You just don't see craftsmanship like that everyday.
JimP

Post by JimP »

prime77 wrote: I really was a nice man.
I'm sure they appreciated this... :p

Thanks for the Blade Show feedback.