Say one nice thing about Nutnfancy - Serious.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

He actually tests his stuff before he reviews it so he has experience with it. Free shipping at CS and better prices at BladeHQ :D
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Despite his longer and loooooonger and looooooooooooooooooooooonger videos he still is one of the better reviewers, and he actually hauls crap up the mountain to test them.
410ericb

Post by 410ericb »

No!!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I love these positive threads! Way to go guys!
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

he has good taste in knives... for the most part.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

He is a very passionate reviewer, and I generally like his videos. His newer reviews are much better since he started using a script - even though he never seems to get through his talking points. I am not an active member on uTube, and I believe that the comments there bring out the worst in people, so I cannot comment on his (or his sister's) handling of said community. I have never bought a knife directly from one of his reviews, but I do learn a lot from his experiences in the field. I especially like his reviews of larger knives, even though I think that he uses them for purposes that they were not necessarily made for, like chopping. I also agree with his wilderness stewardship philosophy.
The free shipping at CS is the icing on the cake! :D
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I like a few of his 'reality checks' and follow ups, like the time he cut himself with the Tenacious because the blade retention sucked, or because he had a blue Delica lying a whole night in the snow to show how little rust had formed and what kind of quality steel VG-10 is. I also think he's competent and knows his stuff.
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

uh..he....hmmmm....... taught me that ....hmmm.....
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

that jimping is everything on a knife? :p
BAL

Post by BAL »

BAL

Post by BAL »

BAL wrote:...
Actually I did think of something positive.
As I go through life, I will never have to tell
someone else that they are the most annoying
person on the face of the earth.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Made this fine opposite sex attracting patch:

Clip

Post by Clip »

nullity wrote:No genocides have been attributed to him.
I laughed. Hard.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

He's one of the most skilled ramblers I have ever met.
SpydieFan

Post by SpydieFan »

Uhm... one positive thing... there is an unsubscribe button on his page?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:spyder:|Spyderco Bug|Spyderco Kiwi3|Spyderco H1 Salt|Spyderco Para Military 2 Black Blade DigiCam + STR Pocket Clip| :spyder:

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

He makes me appreciate the ability to fast forward... :D

But seriously, he has an IMMENSE amount of quality gear and gives great insight on said gear. But I really don't agree with, or care about much of the verbal diarrhea that just trickles out about "jimping" and other useless features, Blah, blah, blah...

He has such a vast following and I'm sure that knife manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, and distributors love all the attention and praise he gives to their blades. Think about the tenacious lineup and how many of these are bought and sold because of his reviews and followers.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. Folks like Nutnfancy deserve a bit of teasing (we ALL do :) ), but it's cool to remember what he does bring to the table. Namely a ton of new Spyderco fans. In that way the means totally justifies the ends.

Now...go feel free to bludgeon a dozen Care Bears so you feel better. :p
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

As a knife noob, Nut-nut was/is very informative, if long-winded and prone to verbal ticks like "Dude!" Granted, because of him, I started out buying a lot of cheap, interchangable Kershaws that I never even bother to look at today, but I have since learned to filter his enthusiasm for sometimes lower-quality, what he would call "high value" knives.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

tr4022 wrote:...I started out buying a lot of cheap, interchangable Kershaws that I never even bother to look at today, but I have since learned to filter his enthusiasm for sometimes lower-quality, what he would call "high value" knives.

Tod
I completely agree! I bought a couple knives of another brand based on glowing recommendations. Sad is my $40 could have purchased a Tenacious which on that basis is a "Super High Value" knife.

Still, enthusiasm is good and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)