Where to buy Spyderco knives with shipping to Europe ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Bios

Where to buy Spyderco knives with shipping to Europe ?

Post by Bios »

Hello all,

I'm planning to buy my firt Spiderco knife :)
Have had a lot of cheap *** knives before but now want something more serieus.
I'm looking at the Spicerco Delica4 zdp-189, Chaparral, Caly3 and maybe the Dragonfly2.
I like them all, not sure yet which to buy.
I'm living in the Netherlands and here are not that many places where you can buy Spyderco knives, and if they do sell them they are way to expensive.
So i'm planning to buy a knife over the internet, but do you guys have some advice for me where to buy (and ships to Europe) ?

*EDITED*
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

There are quite a few reputable internet dealers who ship overseas. New Graham Knives, Cutlery Shoppe, and Knifeworks are three that come to mind, but I'm sure there are a number of others. As for individuals selling knives, not only is there no market section here, it's against the rules to post "wanted to buy" requests.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

Although buying online in the US can still be cheaper shipping to the Netherlands is nowadays usually between $30-40 and you will probably have to pay taxes as well. For a single medium priced Spyderco it is hardly worth it in my opinion. Dutch knife forum has a market section btw.
martijn-

Post by martijn- »

You can check out heinnie.com from The UK The prices are little higher then from The US but you dont have to pay extra taxes and The shipping is less.
jzmtl

Post by jzmtl »

Newgraham is my favorite. Cutlery shoppe has minimum order amount, and ship via express mail only ($$$$). Plus their shipping policy is "we won't tell you how much it'll cost, give us your card number and we'll charge you whatever we'll charge".
dialex

Post by dialex »

Bladeplay and BladeHQ also ship internationally. They have Spydies and lots of other goodies (for instance custom Cf or GITD scales for the Manix) :D Not to mention Cam is a very nice person and will take care of your wishes professionally and in a speedy manner.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Mr_Moe

Post by Mr_Moe »

Make sure to avoid shipping with FedEx or UPS, they will charge you extra fees for handling customs for you, eventhough they don't ever ask for permission. Had to find that out the hard way.
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

dialex wrote:Bladeplay and BladeHQ also ship internationally. They have Spydies and lots of other goodies (for instance custom Cf or GITD scales for the Manix) :D Not to mention Cam is a very nice person and will take care of your wishes professionally and in a speedy manner.
BladeHQ does not ship internationally AFAIK.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Heinnie Haynes are in the UK. Saves you any issues with taxes and customs: http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Spyderco- ... -1-92-191/
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

I think bladehq does ship itl, but there is a list of countries they dont ship to and it seems to be most of the world lol. I have used knifeworks, knifecenter, national knives, howes knife shop. I have found American dealers to be very helpful, have used either USPS or fed ex on all my orders with absolutely no issues.
I see, said the blind man.
dialex

Post by dialex »

arjay18 wrote:BladeHQ does not ship internationally AFAIK.
They do ship in Europe... :D
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Bios

Post by Bios »

Thanks for all the info :)
Have 2 adresses found that will ship to the Netherlands with good prices and no worries about tax or whatever.
Now is it up to me to choose a EDC knife from the following list;

* Caly3 zdp-189
* Delica4 zdp-189
* Saga1 s30v
SuzieQ

Post by SuzieQ »

I usually go to the *bay for my Spydies. The reputable big dealers that actually ship the Europe usually charge Express shipping which comes up to 25 USD and more nowadays. Figuring in the import tax I might as well buy them here in Germany. The last one I got from a well rated dealer on the *bay was a Para Military 2 CPM-S35VN sprint run with the brown G-10 handles and it took about 4 weeks to get here. Shipping was only 8 USD. Paid 25 EUR import tax so in the end it was about 160 EUR. In Germany that's what you pay for the regular Para Military 2. But I didn't want a black one. I was set on having one of the sprint runs. It was an acceptable deal for me.
She: Did you say pink :spyder: sprint run?! - He: Yeah. - She: Wow, wouldn't this go great with my purple Delica?! - He: ? - :D

:spyder: Delica 4 FFG purple ::: Dragonfly Salt Yellow SE ::: Ladybug Foliage Green PE ::: UK Penknife Safety Orange G-10 ::: Byrd Robin G-10 PE ::: Delica 4 FFG pink - modded to non-locking ::: Squeak ::: Grasshopper ::: Kiwi - got snagged by the husband ::: Endura 4 FFG Orange ::: Delica ZDP-189 ::: Centofante 4 ::: Byrd Tern ::: Manix 2 Blue Lightweight :spyder:
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

the bay is still the best way or forums - collectors blades are still in NIB condition. I order sprints from e.g. cutleryshoppe or knifecenter, even with shipping and customs the price is under the regular price in europe. makes more sense if you order more than one blade.
still, secondary market always looks good to me.
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp