If you could only have one spyderco....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

G10 Delica. VG10 is a great all round steel. These were made to last (not that most spydies aren't). Good all round size which isn't a surprise considering the popularity of the Delica. Can be a work knife or a "dress" knife. The handle is very comfortable for me at least and I like G-10 with liners.

After that it would be my CF ZDP Stretch for mostely the same reasons (ZDP is a little more difficult to work with and the peel ply CF is actually a little better than the G10 equivalent)

These are alwasy very tough threads to answer
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

kbuzbee wrote:Same answer I've provided recently... One of these two:

Ken
Ken,
Have you noticed any loss of opening smoothness with the patina / oxidation under the pivot? I was just curious how your well used SB Caly felt now?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

xceptnl wrote:Ken,
Have you noticed any loss of opening smoothness with the patina / oxidation under the pivot? I was just curious how your well used SB Caly felt now?
I'm not Ken but my SB Caly gets carried often too and has a bit less patina than Ken's. If anything, it has become smoother with constant use.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm not Ken but my SB Caly gets carried often too and has a bit less patina than Ken's. If anything, it has become smoother with constant use. I like the SB Caly so much I got a pre-need replacement.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I'm not Ken but my SB Caly gets carried often too and has a bit less patina than Ken's. If anything, it has become smoother with constant use.
Exactly this! It's buttery smooth.

Ken
玉鋼
rg02

Post by rg02 »

my Caly SB is super smooth as well. it has a nice patina too. If i could only have 1 spydie for office carrie it would be my caly SB. for non work carry, only 1 spydie i would choose my Para2 M390 no question.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
tr4022

Post by tr4022 »

Gayle Bradley, I'm beginning to think. Even though I don't have one yet.

Tod
Gomer: Goober says 'Hey!'
Andy: Hey to Goober.
jnichols2

Post by jnichols2 »

Delica 4 FFG. Not too big, not too small.
kadinh

Post by kadinh »

S110V Military CF scales ;) that would be "the one" if i could only have one.

current production, i would take M390/S90V Military or Gayle Bradley.
You should never have to ask yourself "do i really need another knife?" The answer is obvious...
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

KardinalSyn wrote:You're lucky. I got bitten after this sprint ended :(
More lucky that you think... I was able to purchase one BNIB this past December for $275 on the 'bay. :D The seller had ten of them! :eek: I think I few other forumites took advantage of this opportunity.
My greatest ever knife purchase - a textbook case of right place, right time, right price. :)
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

gull wing

Post by gull wing »

It would have to be the Sage I, because it's between other knives that I can't do without. Sage I is so very well made, details are all covered. The shape of the blade (leaf) is ideal for a ton of different tasks. Low texture carbon fiber scales are just right to the hand. Low rider clip. :D

Of course I CAN have other Spydercos :cool: so :
For dress - Chaparral
For scalpel - Calypso Jr ZDP
For a thin longer reach - Stretch ZDP
For a heavy work - Gayle Bradley CPM M4*

I can't do without these knives ;)

*Of course M4 is scalpel like as well.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Only one :spyder: ?

It would be the Spyderco Military in PE. Which steel for the blade or material for the handle is not an issue as far as I'm concerned... bottomline is that it would be the Military PE.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

gull wing wrote:It would have to be the Sage I, because it's between other knives that I can't do without. Sage I is so very well made, details are all covered. The shape of the blade (leaf) is ideal for a ton of different tasks. Low texture carbon fiber scales are just right to the hand. Low rider clip. :D

Of course I CAN have other Spydercos :cool: so :
For dress - Chaparral
For scalpel - Calypso Jr ZDP
For a thin longer reach - Stretch ZDP
For a heavy work - Gayle Bradley CPM M4*

I can't do without these knives ;)

*Of course M4 is scalpel like as well.
I've never had a Calypso Jr but only heard great things about it. The other knives lead by the Sage 1 is about as nice a set of user knives as there is in the world. Other planets may have a better set but not this one. :) Well I just got the Sage 4 a couple of months ago which I'd include the the knives you mentioned are great, ending with the GB

Jack
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Glad I don't have to make that decision but it would probably be a toss up between my Gayle Bradley or Para2.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Centofante 4. Hands down the best Spydie ever made(for me).

Gordon
deputy tom

Post by deputy tom »

Only one? The one that's in my pocket right now. Endura 4 with full spyder-edge.tom. :D
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER...Thig crioch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh gaol 's ceol.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

A CF Military (currently my CPM D2 FrankenMillie with titanium clip) or my CTS-20CP Para2 with a titanium low riding clip. Both clips from STR :D If the Millie wasn't so politically incorrect that would be the one for sure.

Honorable mentions to the Stretch II, C42 Viele, Lil'Temp and Sage
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

An option such as the only "one" doesn't exist for me. It woud depend on the circumstances. If we were all left with nothing mine would be the Temp2, capable in a variety of tasks :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Sage 4.

Jack
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

If I could only carry one, probably my SE Spyderhawk Salt. The size, rustproof blade and very aggressive cutting edge are attributes that my non-spydies do not share.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!