Death to #6 Torx

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
dem0n1k

Post by dem0n1k »

Joining in to ask for at least T8 or higher on the Torx screws please! :D

I have one torx in the handle of a Byrd Caracara2 that is stripped & I can't get it out. I thought about drilling it out but then decided I'd mod a Tenacious instead :P
:spyder: australian spyderco fan :spyder:
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Evil D wrote:It's not always about taking them apart. My Military needed adjusted to get the blade centered. Technically i haven't disassembled anything..only loosened and tightened screws. Also in my defense, 2 out of 3 of them were already loose to begin with so even aside from the blade centering they needed some attention, and they stripped in the process. I have good quality bits and used the proper side, they're just too easy to strip.
Did the knife not have loctite applied to those screws?
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
RLR

Post by RLR »

A couple bucks at a knife hobby store; a few spare parts from years of tinkering; a dremel tool.

Now, Military, Paramilitary I and Leafstorm all T8 construction! YEAH. I killed the #6 torx. Took a few minutes, and was pretty simple. Even did a Benchmade and a Zero Tolerance.