What are you listening to?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Mumford and Sons (Sigh No More). Banjo, anyone? :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

SpyderNut wrote:Mumford and Sons (Sigh No More). Banjo, anyone? :)
Good album there! Since you like them, I suggest checking out Fleet Foxes self titled debut as well.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

One Drop- a kick a$$ reggae band, along the lines of tribal seeds, soja, and the black seeds, to name just a few. Good kick back music to relax and smooth out the stress!
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Country- brad paisley, josh turner, etc. ALL
Christian rap-lecrae, trip lee, tedashii, etc.
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley
Ragman24

Post by Ragman24 »

I'm into any music that's good but I'm really a Jazz freak.Lately I've been listening to a lot of Ryuichi Sakamoto.He does a cool song with Iggy Pop on the NEO GEO album.Very good stuff!
KBR

Post by KBR »

I'm usually all over the place when it comes to music.....simply depends on my mood. I listen to pretty much anything, drawing the line on only a very few styles/genres of music.

Lately, it's been Five Finger Death Punch in my truck and Adele at home.

See?....I told you. Lol. :p :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
i'mpretty open minded in my tastes, with a few exceptions.
i have no use for "dub step" and hip hop.
anything guitar oriented, wheather it's jazz, classical, classic rock, metal, or, dare i say it, country.
like i said, almost anything guitar.
currently, i've been on a hard metal kick, pantera, lamb of god, unearth, and the like.
i get some funny looks when i crank this stuff up in the truck, especially since i'm 47 years young.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
maa14

Post by maa14 »

O.. and anything with guitar, from fingerpicking like pete huttlinger and tommy emmanuel to chicken pickin' like brad paisley :cool:

Edit: in fact right now i am listening to Time warp by Brad paisley
:spyder:'s =FFG ZDP-189 Delica...Manix2...saber grind VG10 Delica...bug...Blue M390 Paramilitary 2...SE hawkbill Ladybug salt...sharpmaker with UF stones.orange and red baliyo...
Latest purchase=Gayle Bradley

Post by 1623 »

sharpguitarist wrote: i get some funny looks when i crank this stuff up in the truck, especially since i'm 47 years young.
later,
don
Let em' look all they want bro'

We listen to music for our own enjoyment and individual fulfillment...it makes zero difference what anyone else thinks about your tastes, your ears or your soul :cool:

I still truly enjoy much of the music that I was influenced by in the early 90's while pursuing band endeavours...still gets me fired up.

One of my favorites that causes me to rethink my attitude on a regular basis:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EumTOkfEL0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
varevinc

Post by varevinc »

mostly heavy metal=Motorhead , but right at this moment Johnny Cash - Big River
DRH

Post by DRH »

Natalie Merchant (at this very moment .... "If no one ever marries me") I could listen to her voice all day long. Doesn't matter what she sings.
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA

Post by 1623 »

DRH wrote:Natalie Merchant (at this very moment .... "If no one ever marries me") I could listen to her voice all day long. Doesn't matter what she sings.
The first time I heard her sing "Beloved Wife" it brought me to tears; her voice combined with those lyrics are incredibly moving.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

razorsharp wrote:ooh if its anything like meshuggah ill love it
Not really much like Meshuggah aside from the 8 string guitars. Animals As Leaders are all instrumental and way more guitar driven since the main instruments in the band are two guitars. They don't even have a bass player.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Jason Aldean, Zac Brown band, Billy Currington, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Alan Jackson, Keith Urban... and a lot more just can't think of em right now
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

soul from the sixties like james brown, joe tex,
some jim morrison, queen, david bowie, stones, styx, foreigner, dave matthews, dire straits, clapton, Kitty-Daisy&Lewis, ccr,
some classic, some country
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Evil D wrote:Not really much like Meshuggah aside from the 8 string guitars. Animals As Leaders are all instrumental and way more guitar driven since the main instruments in the band are two guitars. They don't even have a bass player.
Who needs a bass when your guitar is half a bass anyway :p . Animals as leaders definitely sounds good to me, I like the complexity of music that doesnt follow a standard beat. Dream Theater is another favourite because of that
MrOverkill

Post by MrOverkill »

If you like Animals as Leaders and Dream Theater, check out Symphony X and Opeth. Opeth is sorta the odd one out in the group, but still highly complex and very good.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

The just-released This Machine by The Dandy Warhols. A quick run-through has me wanting to revisit more than half the songs.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

razorsharp wrote:Who needs a bass when your guitar is half a bass anyway :p . Animals as leaders definitely sounds good to me, I like the complexity of music that doesnt follow a standard beat. Dream Theater is another favourite because of that
Yeah i like some of Dream Theater's stuff. Of course i liked the album Images And Words because Pull Me Under was a big radio hit (hey i was all of 12 when that album came out lol). If you ever get a chance to see AAL live, GO. They put on an amazing show. There are times when you know you're in the presence of real professionals who've mastered what they do, and i totally got that feeling from seeing them live. Each person in that band is on top of their game.
MrOverkill wrote:If you like Animals as Leaders and Dream Theater, check out Symphony X and Opeth. Opeth is sorta the odd one out in the group, but still highly complex and very good.
I've heard some of both but not a lot. I keep trying to get into Meshuggah but i just don't feel it. I appreciate what they do and acknowledge their skill but most of their music is just too mellow/groovy for my taste and while they do play some ridiculous timings, most of their stuff is just too one speed and mechanical for me. Bleed is a BA song though.

The last album i picked up was pretty random, "My Damnation" by Chelsea Grin. I guess you'd call it deathcore or something like that...i don't keep up with the whole genre dissection these days. I listen to so much super technical math metal kind of stuff that sometimes i just need to veg out on some simple grinding angry headache inducing music lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en& ... HIRSBnjRfY

Corrosion Of Conformity: Congratulations Song
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p