cars broken into... spydercos stolen.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
syphen

cars broken into... spydercos stolen.

Post by syphen »

I'm just upset is all. Lost a Rescue 93mm wave, Delica wave and a FFG Delica. in addition to a Leatherman skeletool w/bit set. 2x Ipod's & cables as well as $40 cash from glovebox. Thankfully they left my Fenix flashlight and just made a mess of the interior is all.

Some people have no respect.
Too many Spydies to list!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Sorry to hear that Syphen! What *is* the world coming to these days? :confused:

TedP
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sorry to hear this as well. I have had cars broken into many years ago and it still bothers me.
You either have to spend the money again to replace the stolen items or you never have them
again. The thoughtthat you work hard to buy things that you like and then some low-life
with no respect simply takes things from you.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

that is terrible man. your insurance going to cover anything? check your local pawn shops for those spydies to be traded in!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
syphen

Post by syphen »

rg02, its not worth being robbed twice.. once by a petty thief and a second time by an insurance company. I'm not going to claim it because even if I get a couple hundred dollars back, it will simply be recouped by them after they raise my premium during the next renewal.
Too many Spydies to list!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I am very sorry to hear about your situation, Syphen. I had the same thing happen to me once several years ago. Fortunately, the crook overlooked my Starmate located in my console. But he/she did get my wallet (with $200 cash). :(
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

That sucks syphen. At lest there all replacable.

I had all my spydercos stolen in 2003

I've had nightmares of someone using my c44 as a phillips screwdriver.
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

I feel for you man, hopefully your insurance company will understand.

:(
Own or have owned: Manix2, Dragonfly G10, Sage 1, Tasman Salt, Delica 4 waved, Kiwi, SS Police, Orange PM2, Pacific Salt, Gayle Bradley, Tenacious, Harpy, Military, Salsa, ZDP-189 Ladybug

Come chat with us on IRC at #Spyderco!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

hmmmm...sad news indeed....sorry to hear of your lose.......Doc :(
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

syphen wrote:rg02, its not worth being robbed twice.. once by a petty thief and a second time by an insurance company. I'm not going to claim it because even if I get a couple hundred dollars back, it will simply be recouped by them after they raise my premium during the next renewal.
I feel for you. Not only is it inconvenient, it makes you feel violated. I don't know if this will apply to you because it surprised me. I was in a comany car out of town. At night while in my hotel the car was broken into. They got lots of company stuff and my stuff also. I was able to claim my stuff on my homeowners
policy. I had no idea that was possible.
Anyway it didn't effect my auto premiums. :) Also, the $ value was far above my deductable. Of course that's essential before even considering a claim.

My personal car was stolen from when I was very young. Mainly lost wallet and cash. I was really more upset abut having to to get a new wallet, driver's license and other in-wallet essentials. Had no credit cards yet. I was smarter and had more money when I was young. I think I had more money because I didn't have credit cards. :) The only thing they left was my medication. I was grateful. Maybe they felt I would need that to calm myself. Maybe they didn't know what it was for. :confused:

Jack