Centofante 4 photo shoot

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Evil D

Centofante 4 photo shoot

Post by Evil D »

Decided to take the Cento 4 out today for my Sunday bike ride and went back to my favorite spot to shoot some pics. The shots of the waterfall were a major PITA. Most of them were blurry...i couldn't seem to get the knife in focus.

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have no idea why Photobucket insists on turning those pics sideways. I even rotated them in their editor and it still uploaded that way except that one pic. Oh well.
~David
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Hawt knife :) . A classic in the making.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

I like them all! Nice knife and pics - thanks for sharing. :cool:

- best wishes, Jazz.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

This one will go down as one of the greatest overlooked models Spyderco has ever made...both the 3 and 4 are IMO lightyears ahead of the Delica and they're about the perfect size for EDC. It may not have a flashy trendy lock, but it's lefty/righty friendly, slices like a laser and the ergonomics are just good...they're not overdone, the handle doesn't force you into any particular grip, just comfortable and simple. The only mod i've done to this one is slightly smooth out the thumb jimping and round off that point a little bit just so it wasn't so sharp. Beyond that it's about as good as it gets.

Sal if you're watching.....this one really deserves the British Racing Green/ZDP treatment.
~David
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Nice pics. Seeing these pics makes me regret that I sold mine a couple years ago. :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Jay_Ev wrote:Nice pics. Seeing these pics makes me regret that I sold mine a couple years ago. :(

I've come real close because i don't carry it very often, because i prefer S30V just slightly more than VG10 and i prefer a compression lock over a back lock...but beyond those two things this knife is practically grail status for me. I especially love the wharnie blade.
~David
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Nice shots, Evil. Looks like a beautiful day out.

I've almost pulled the trigger on a Cento4 a few times, but something always held me back... Sweet knives, though! Thanks for sharing!

TedP
C.L.L 97

Post by C.L.L 97 »

Great pics Evil :D love the wharnie blade
Caden's :spyder:'s-g10 dragonfly, digicamo para2,bug,honeybee,sharpmaker.
Newest :spyder: manix 2 lightweight.
:spyder: top wishlist: junior,D4,E4,,h1 D'fly salt,h1 ladybug salt,g10 manbug,caly3•3.5,all sprint para2's
Have to have= brad southard flipper, gayle bradley:spyder:

"combat knife is actually 10% weapon and 90% tool".~ Al Mar
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I was just cruising the Bay today, looking for a Cento 4 (none to be found :( ), then I come here and see these great pictures! Thanks a lot for making my failure to find that much more painful for me! ;)
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
DRH

Post by DRH »

Thanks for the pics .... and the timing ..... how coincidental! I just scored one. Have been wanting one since I got my Centofante 3.
jabba359 wrote:I was just cruising the Bay today, looking for a Cento 4 (none to be found :( ), then I come here and see these great pictures! Thanks a lot for making my failure to find that much more painful for me! ;)
Don't hate me .... but that's because I snagged the only one that was available on E-bay yesterday evening! Couldn't resist. Watched the listing like a hawk for about 3 days and got it for $61.75. Should be here late this week or early next week.
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I got mine for a whopping $50 from the local knife shop when they went disco. I had been debating about it because I prefer having a 50/50 choil but I'm glad I got one. I plan on buying another if the opportunity comes.
~David
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

DRH wrote:Thanks for the pics .... and the timing ..... how coincidental! I just scored one. Have been wanting one since I got my Centofante 3.

Don't hate me .... but that's because I snagged the only one that was available on E-bay yesterday evening! Couldn't resist. Watched the listing like a hawk for about 3 days and got it for $61.75. Should be here late this week or early next week.
Wow! Congrats on the score! That's a good price for one now.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
BAL

Post by BAL »

Awesome pics, Evil. I agree that it is one of the most overlooked knives. I have "almost"
pulledthe trigger several times, but haven't yet. Do you use yours much.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

BAL wrote:Awesome pics, Evil. I agree that it is one of the most overlooked knives. I have "almost"
pulledthe trigger several times, but haven't yet. Do you use yours much.
I used it a lot up until they got discontinued. I still carry it on days that i don't work and i'm hanging out with the family, but i don't use it for work or outdoors type stuff like i do my Para 2. It's a shame, i wish there were more wharnies in the catalog.
~David
BAL

Post by BAL »

Evil D wrote:I used it a lot up until they got discontinued. I still carry it on days that i don't work and i'm hanging out with the family, but i don't use it for work or outdoors type stuff like i do my Para 2. It's a shame, i wish there were more wharnies in the catalog.
Agree on the wharnie. After packing the Yo2 around makes me appreciate
the straight blade more and more.
bartvdb

Post by bartvdb »

nice :spyder: and thx for the pictures
DRH

Post by DRH »

My Ebay-snagged Centofante 4 arrived today. Perfect condition, smooth opening, centered blade no defects that I can find. Here's a pic with my Centofante 3.

Now, just anxiously waiting for the Memory to ship!
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Nice. I plan on getting a 3 eventually.
~David
Deal4

Post by Deal4 »

DRH wrote:My Ebay-snagged Centofante 4 arrived today. Perfect condition, smooth opening, centered blade no defects that I can find. Here's a pic with my Centofante 3.

Now, just anxiously waiting for the Memory to ship!
Wow, those are some beautiful knives! I love the look of these, but I'm worried I won't actually use them as I don't want them to get messed up!
Thanks for the pic!