Custom folding knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
varevinc

Custom folding knives

Post by varevinc »

Anyone here that knows a custom knifemaker who makes folding knives ?
Can be classy or tactical since i have 2 ideas in my head.

Just wanted to ask different knife makers to see who suits me best and what prices they all ask for it ...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The ones I know are all on BladeForums.com, I suggest you look there.

For a custom folder made to your design you can figure $200 to $400 minimum depending on the design.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Also, just know most makers are going to lean towards frame-locks and liner-locks. Probably normal to high quality steels too.
varevinc

Post by varevinc »

Yeah i know , but i can't find anything so far towards the design that i want... the only thing that came close was a one-off custom folding knife ...
Or if anyone out there knows a company that comes close to this design ? :

That's almost what i'm looking for. ...
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Ed Schempp has three new folding Bowie prototypes but doubt that they are coffin handled. At least the proto I saw a year ago was not coffin handled.

I'll be seeing a thousand or so custom knives tomorrow, will look for something like the above.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
varevinc

Post by varevinc »

Cool , thanks let me know the name of the maker if you find one !
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

Varevinc, the coffin-handled bowie is generally considered an Arkansas tradition. I can all but guarantee that a maker from Arkansas makes something with features like this. Look up something like "Arkansas knifemakers" in google and you will be able to find some lists of ones to check out.

I think that handle is quite beautiful, btw - looks like desert Ironwood to me but I could be wrong.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

http://www.gedraitisknives.com/

give this guy a shout-does nice work