Paramilitary 2 OOS "Everywhere"?...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Cheddarnut wrote:D, we should collab on a kids book :D
We can do that. Here goes:

Once upon a time there was a humble knifemaker named Sal. Sal lived a simple life in the mountains of Colorado with his wife and son. One day while hiking through the mountains in search of cocobolo wood to make knife scales, Sal stumbled upon a grumpy old troll named Thumbholestiltskin. Thumbholestiltskin was a mean old troll who didn't like anybody because people were always trying to steel his awesomeness. When Thumbholestiltskin saw Sal, he went into a rage and said "FEE FI FO THUMB, WHO DARES STEP FOOT INTO MY LAND OF AWESOMENESS?" Sal was shocked, but kept his calm "It is I, Sal Glesser, I come in search of....." but before Sal could utter another word, Thumbholestiltskin charged head first after Sal in a rage. "NOBODY STEALS MY AWESOMENESS AND LIVES TO TELL THE TALE!" Thumbholestiltskin yelled. Sal had to think fast, for this troll wasn't effing around. Without hesitation, Sal drew his mighty S90V Military from his RFP and held it up to the sky and said "I HAAAAVE THE POOWWWEERRRRR!!!" and a beam of light came down from the sky striking Sal's Military, reflecting a brilliant beam of light straight into Thumbholestiltskin's eyes, blinding him. "RAAAWWERRR MUH EYESSSS" Thumbholestiltskin cried as he ran head first into a large rock, knocking him unconscious. When Thumbholestiltskin awoke, he found himself tied to a large tree with paracord, unable to move. Standing before him was Sal, with a handful of cocobolo in his arms and a look of swagger on his face. Thumbholestiltskin was humbled at the might and prowess of his foe "Mighty Sal, if you shall spare my life, i will grant you with my awesomeness, so that you may churn out awesome knives for the world to EDC". "Hmmmmm...." Sal thought to himself. "I already make some pretty awesome knives, but you caught me in a good mood troll. You've got a deal!". Sal pulled out his Military and cut Thumbholestiltskin's bindings and together they hiked down the mountain and set out on a great mission to instill awesomeness into everything Sal put his hands on. Together Sal and Thumbholestiltskin shared many adventures and hang out at Sal's place on Sundays and watch football.

The End.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

I thought I would pass this on as it's the best price that I personally have seen for the PM2 this year and one of the few places with them currently in stock. It's the Satin blade Black G10 version. Go check out ____ now, they just got in a shipment and have 16 left as of this post. Free 2 day shipping and free saver for the others. :eek:

Also they have some pretty killer deals on some other Spyderco's as well.

Edit: make that 14... now 11... better hurry... AND... they are gone!
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Nice heads up my friend! I think they have more than they are listing because I ordered several and it still says 12...At any rate killer deal with free shipping!
Benny90 wrote:I thought I would pass this on as it's the best price that I personally have seen for the PM2 this year and one of the few places with them currently in stock. It's the Satin blade Black G10 version. Go check out Amazon now, they just got in a shipment and have 16 left as of this post. Free 2 day shipping for Prime subs and free super saver for the others. BTW it's $90.99 :eek:

Also they have some pretty killer deals on some other Spyderco's as well.

Edit: make that 14... now 11... better hurry...
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

wsdavies wrote:Nice heads up my friend! I think they have more than they are listing because I ordered several and it still says 12...At any rate killer deal with free shipping!
You ordered several? How many do you need? LOL
Wildernest Survivor

Post by Wildernest Survivor »

Only 3 left... :spyder:

That's a great price. Let's see if it will still be $90.99 once the last three Para2s sell out. :confused:
"Next time there's a revolution - wake up earlier!"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Vince Aut Morire

Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

Figured you guys would enjoy an excellent deal :cool:

I noticed it takes a few minutes to update the numbers, but it's currently all the way down to 3 :eek: That was quick!

I probably would have bought a few if I hadn't just got my DLC one, got it for under a benj to my door too. I am going to take a guess and say that that price will probably be the lowest 'regular' price we'll see on the PM2, and I'm sure they will up their price after they sell out, will probably still be an excellent price, just not as crazy low.

Also the faster they sell out the better, so I don't feel the need to have to buy another one, you guys are helping me save some money :p

GONE!
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

16 knives sold in less than 12 hours, nice!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Thumbholestiltskin doesnt eff around.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
B. Baer

Post by B. Baer »

The one I looked at only said Paramilitary it did not say 2, is that a typo or is it some other knife??? The picture looked right, just did not see the 2 .

I'm not ordering, as I already have one (Paramilitary 2) and love it, paid slightly more but got it from a knife dealer I've purchased from in the past. Just wondering. That is a very good price, esp. with free shipping.

All the best,

Baer
Benny90

Post by Benny90 »

If you save it to your Wish List it will show 'ParaMilitary2'. Also shows up on your phone as PM2. And the product number is correct. Amazon's listings suck, quite a few errors on knives, but if you know how to look to make sure what you are getting they almost always seem to have the best price available.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

B. Baer wrote:The one I looked at only said Paramilitary it did not say 2, is that a typo or is it some other knife??? The picture looked right, just did not see the 2 .

I'm not ordering, as I already have one (Paramilitary 2) and love it, paid slightly more but got it from a knife dealer I've purchased from in the past. Just wondering. That is a very good price, esp. with free shipping.

All the best,

Baer
Wait, let me gets this right. You have one PM2 so you are not buying another one! I just dont understand your thinking! Only one PM2 and that is it!

Wow, I should have thought about that 5-6 PM2's ago! :D
B. Baer

Post by B. Baer »

Thanks Benny90: I'll check them out closer when I'm interested in a particular model, as they do have great prices. I've sometimes been reluctant because of the listings.

sir mike: I never said I'd only buy one... But I already have the standard issue... and I must admit, for some unknown reason I keep being drawn to the Sprints and various steel configurations... ;) I most likley will get another or two, because... well just because... Now if I can figure out how to get this past the wife, I already have this "thing" about guitars that she really doesn't understand... :D
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

B. Baer wrote:Thanks Benny90: I'll check them out closer when I'm interested in a particular model, as they do have great prices. I've sometimes been reluctant because of the listings.

sir mike: I never said I'd only buy one... But I already have the standard issue... and I must admit, for some unknown reason I keep being drawn to the Sprints and various steel configurations... ;) I most likley will get another or two, because... well just because... Now if I can figure out how to get this past the wife, I already have this "thing" about guitars that she really doesn't understand... :D
Yeah, I like the sprints too! I ended up getting a few by finding one here and there for sale so I picked them up! I dont like to have too big of a collection so I do the buy a few/sell a few others to keep everything in check, in a way!

Once I sell my PM2 camo that is new, I will start carrying one my s35vn brown ones! :D
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Slash wrote:It's nutnfancy's fault. He recently did a review on a camo para 2. So, of course all the tnp following had to go buy one.
+1 on this, as soon as he posted his vid they sold out on ebay of all the camo versions and the prices jumped 25 to 50 bucks. At least it is a + for Spyderco :D
Onionman

Post by Onionman »

It looks like the limited availability of the black PM 2 is helping sales of the variants. I just saw a brown PM 2 go for 170 on ebay.
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...