Orange Dodo Availability

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Clip

Post by Clip »

http://spydercollector.wordpress.com/20 ... print-run/

Should be near the bottom. I can only dream of what it'll be like. I imagine smoother with a slightly grippier texture than the steel (although I haven't handled a Dodo yet). I wonder what type of ceramic it'll be. Alumina?
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

That CF one is why I only got one orange one.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
Arcitecht

Post by Arcitecht »

For all you knifecenter pre-orderers:
Dodo on KC
Looks like they finally took off the preorder option. I've been checking it daily, haha. I sent them an email to clarify on the situation and I'll post an update if they reply with any relevant info.

I have no idea why the release of the dodo is going as such. Is this par for the course for sprint runs? Usually, it seems spyderco will just announce when they release a new product. I think this "trickle" thing is causing people a bit of anxiety! Lol! :D
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Arcitecht wrote:For all you knifecenter pre-orderers:
Dodo on KC
Looks like they finally took off the preorder option. I've been checking it daily, haha. I sent them an email to clarify on the situation and I'll post an update if they reply with any relevant info.

I have no idea why the release of the dodo is going as such. Is this par for the course for sprint runs? Usually, it seems spyderco will just announce when they release a new product. I think this "trickle" thing is causing people a bit of anxiety! Lol! :D
See this post from earlier today:
xceptnl wrote:Alright guys, help me calm down. Maybe its a website thing and they are moving it or something, but the Orange Dodo is no longer found on the KC site. I have no notice about the order being in stock, or about the order being canceled. I am done with those people if this turns out to be their typical BS that I have read about from other forum members. Someone help me to maintain my sanity!

Ok ok, took a long breath and decided to call. I placed my order with them 12/20/11. The customer service rep informed me that he just pulled the dodo from the site 30 minutes ago and it was to ensure he didn't run out of blades before he completed his orders. He said the blades were arriving to them in batches of "small double digit" quantities and that my order should be filled and shipped soon. He said that if he gets a surplus of the Dodos, he will repost the link to buy on the site.
I don't know how this affects some of you whom may have placed your pre-order in 2012. Just FYI!
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Got the shipping notice from KC..they're off my naughty list. I still think leaving pre-orders open forever is bad for business.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Clip

Post by Clip »

SolidState wrote:That CF one is why I only got one orange one.
This makes sense. Now I find myself using this as an excuse why not to buy another orange.

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Clip wrote:This makes sense. Now I find myself using this as an excuse why not to buy another orange.
+1 that sounds like a really good excuse. "I am saving for a pair of CF Dodos" That has a nice ring to it.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I picked up an orange one: A) to see if I liked it before spending the extra $$$ to get a CF version, and B) just in case I'm unable to find a CF one before they sell out. "A" has been answered (I like it and it fits my hand well), so I'm keeping my orange Dodo NIB so I can sell it if I'm able to snag a CF one instead. If I fail to get a CF Dodo, then I'll always have the orange one to pull out and put to use.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Seven

Post by Seven »

jabba359 wrote:I picked up an orange one: A) to see if I liked it before spending the extra $$$ to get a CF version, and B) just in case I'm unable to find a CF one before they sell out. "A" has been answered (I like it and it fits my hand well), so I'm keeping my orange Dodo NIB so I can sell it if I'm able to snag a CF one instead. If I fail to get a CF Dodo, then I'll always have the orange one to pull out and put to use.
lol, you confused me with all the A B and C's you sound like my little nephew, im glad i got it i keep it now i keep it nib till i get another if i get another i might sell this one but if i dont i keep this one that way i have 1
______
Eric.
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Mine was shipped out yesterday wooohoo :D
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

These are going fast... and they are fetching nearly $200 on eBay. Should have bought one when I had the chance, oh well.
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I'm considering just goin' for the ebay prices....I can't really handle all this Out of Stock everywhere I look much like the Yo2...and I really would like to get my hands on one of these Dodos since I missed out on it the first round.
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
OverkiLL

Post by OverkiLL »

KC shipped mine yesterday!!!
Delica4 PE (stone wash) | Delica4 FFG Brown PE | Endura4 Foliage Green CE | Endura4 ZDP-189 SE | Civilian SE | Manix2 M4 | Caly 3.5 Super Blue | Tasman Salt PE | Matriarch2 SE | Para-Military2 M390 | DoDo S30V PE
Clip

Post by Clip »

BDNX wrote:I'm considering just goin' for the ebay prices....I can't really handle all this Out of Stock everywhere I look much like the Yo2...and I really would like to get my hands on one of these Dodos since I missed out on it the first round.
For ebay prices, you could look at http://www.bentoboxshop.com. I saw they had them listed on their page for $199. I can't vouch for them yet since I'm still waiting for my CPM-M4'd Manix.

Or Amazon still has 4 showing in stock (link was posted earlier, thanks!):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006L6 ... =&v=glance

Chris
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Two of my three preorders came through on the same day - and I cancelled the third before it shipped. Looks like the floodgates have opened!

As soon as the second one arrives, I'll probably list it on K-BST at my cost. Not interested in gouging the market...

TedP
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

If anyone is tempted to pay nearly $200 for a Dodo call up Spyderco Factory Outlet. At least your supporting a good company that HAS them in stock.
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I would bet the cf ceramic one will be alumina, as Spyderco has a long-standing relationship with COORSTEK, also in Golden, who supplies high-end ceramics to the entire world. They make a 99% dense alumina that's hard to beat.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
cougar337

Post by cougar337 »

Went to the Spyderco Factory outlet store yesterday and they had 6 left there. Picked myself up one :)
- Ian
See pictures of my Spydies at Cougar337's Den[/size] :spyder:

Wire Clips and Little Big knives....keep 'em coming!
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I just got shipping confirmation from my latest attempt. Yay.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

What a great looking blade.

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.