Peyton's place

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Is Tebow coachable? Could he learn to throw like an NFL QB by sitting behind Manning for two years?
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sequimite wrote:Is Tebow coachable? Could he learn to throw like an NFL QB by sitting behind Manning for two years?
God only knows.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

^^^^^^you absolutely cracked me up with that one BAL lol.

Peyton comes to Denver, Tebow will leave town----most likely to FL.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
BAL

Post by BAL »

I am one those tebow haters so take anything that I say with that in mind. I think that he could sit behind
Peyton for 20 years and not be able to throw. His type of play worked great for college, but doesn't translate
to the pros. You'd have to change your whole offensive schemes to fit that kind of play. He missed more open
receivers last year that Peyton has in his career. It will be interesting to see what happens.

If I were Peyton I would have to look long and hard at Arizona with the weather, the coach, teh division, the
dome and Larry Fitzgerald.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

bal wrote:god only knows.
:cool:
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The article says Denver will try to trade Tebow so the implication is that, despite him being a phenomenal athlete, they don't see him learning from Manning OR they think Manning will be their starter for 3-5 years.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
rg02

Post by rg02 »

:D super excited! I will be getting a Manning jersey for sure! i got burned when i bought two cutler jerseys his rookie year so i am excited to get a new one.....

I do want to wish Tebow the best of luck whereever he goes. Good kid, good leader, and hard worker. In a perfect world, keep Tebow and have him work under Manning. I doubt that would happen though and Tebow would have a hard time being second string.....
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Still can't believe the Broncos signed Dakota Fanning.
Slash

Post by Slash »

I think the Broncos are making a mistake not keeping Tebow. But, I'm not a Bronco fan so it doesn't affect me. Would be funny if they don't make it into the playoffs now.
Wonder if Tim likes the Bay area, specifically Oakland.
BAL

Post by BAL »

As a Chief'S fan, I hope that Tebow goes to Oakland or to San Diego. That angel dust
has a shelf life and it has way expired.
butch

Post by butch »

im not sure tebow fits i with the black hole crowd
if he is not to stay and learn then i think best bet is FL
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
JD Spydo

Tebow in KC: I doubt it even though I would like to see it

Post by JD Spydo »

butch wrote:im not sure tebow fits i with the black hole crowd
if he is not to stay and learn then i think best bet is FL
I agree with BUTCH >> There is no way that Tim Tebow would ever fit in with the Oakland Raiders organization. That truly would be like trying to mix water and motor oil.

Being that I'm still a Chiefs fan I truly would like to see him come to KC. This team and town needs something to rally behind. I think Tebow and our new coach Romeo Crenel would truly be a great player-coach combo. Because our current QB Matt Cassell is just not going to get up to that next level I don't believe. We now have a pair of tight ends that would truly fit well with Tebow not to mention our pro-bowl reciever Dwayne Bowe and I do believe they could work well together.

But I doubt if that will happen. New England knew very well what they were doing when they dumped Cassel on us :rolleyes: and until our defense gets beefed up we are probably going to be a team with some missing puzzle pieces for some time to come unfortunately.

Personally I think the Arizona Cardinals would be the perfect fit for Tebow with all things considered.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
butch

Post by butch »

JD Spydo wrote:
Personally I think the Arizona Cardinals would be the perfect fit for Tebow with all things considered.
not if fitzgerad has a say in it. he needs a passer to feed him
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
Slash

Post by Slash »

TT likes a challenge and he could make it part of his mission to take some of the evil out of the Raiders persona.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

It seems to me that TT can either be a mediocre QB or another Slash / Brad Smith. If he had been drafted in the third round perhaps he would be playing a position that matches his talents.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I'll have to disagree with my fellow Missourian \ Chiefs fan JD on Tebow. I would have
trouble rooting for a team with him on it. I think that the only plave for him is one
such as New England that has an established QB and hw could come in in certain
situations such as goal line, short yardage, maybe cheering.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

JD Spydo wrote:Being that I'm still a Chiefs fan I truly would like to see him come to KC. This team and town needs something to rally behind. I think Tebow and our new coach Romeo Crenel would truly be a great player-coach combo. Because our current QB Matt Cassell is just not going to get up to that next level I don't believe. We now have a pair of tight ends that would truly fit well with Tebow not to mention our pro-bowl reciever Dwayne Bowe and I do believe they could work well together.
JD, uh, you crazy, man. Controversies that divide the fan base are not points to rally behind. Bowe would be disgruntled if Tebow was the QB, TT earned his 47% completion rate.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Sequimite wrote:JD, uh, you crazy, man. Controversies that divide the fan base are not points to rally behind. Bowe would be disgruntled if Tebow was the QB, TT earned his 47% completion rate.
Agreed. I was listening to Mike & Mike (Mike Golic & Mike Greenberg) this morning and Greenie was out
so Skip Bayless was sitting in. If you watch any ESPN TV, you are probably aware that he is the world's biggest
Tebow fan and apologist, he admits as much. They were interviewing Demaryius Thomas, who was one of
Tebow's favorite receivers and the one that caught the 80 yard OT playoff TD. The one person that Bayless
thought would be on his side about Tebow and how Tebow should stay on the team or be sadly missed if he left.

He said nothing of the sort. He didn't dog on Tebow, but you could tell that he didn't have anything
necessarily positive to say about him. That speaks volumes. When asked if he thought if Tebow could be
a starter for another team, he stammered and basically didn't answer. Bayless is never speechless, but
he was close on this one. He said that was shocked by Thomas' comments or lack thereof.

Fans and media love to pick a sports personality (See Jeremy Lin) and go gaga over them and make them out
to be savior of the world. (Then later they love it even more to tear them down.) However, teammates
and fans of other teams can grow tired of this. When you bust your backside like football players do and
Mr headline gets all of the credit it wears on you. I think that football players realize that the QB always gets
too much credit and too much blame, but the Tebow thing was WAY over the top. I dislike that player worse
than any that I can remember. I was hoping that he would stay in Denver, so they could both go down in
flames together.

Looks like Elway has pulled a major one here. He dumps Tebow, gets a real QB and few in Denver are mad.
I didn't think that Horsey was that smart. I picture Elway using his right leg to kick in the dirt to count how many
million that Manning wanted. He must have got tired, pawing to get to 96.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

cubsfan1969 wrote:Still can't believe the Broncos signed Dakota Fanning.
HA! Now that had me laughing...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal