Spyderco SuperHawk

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
the swamp fox

Spyderco SuperHawk

Post by the swamp fox »

Guys, I have a NIB SuperHawk that has been sitting in the safe for some time that I need to sell. Can anyone give me an idea of a fair asking price and of a good place to sell it other than eBay.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

BladeForums and KnifeForums have buy/sell/trade forums, as do USN and JerzeeDevil forums. You probably know that offering/soliciting offers for knives in this forum is a rules violation.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I recently sold one via Ebay and it went for $127.00. Mine was new/unused. I've seen some go for less, some for more, but mostly within $20 of mine.
MCM

Post by MCM »

mikerestivo wrote:I recently sold one via Ebay and it went for $127.00. Mine was new/unused. I've seen some go for less, some for more, but mostly within $20 of mine.
Agree, no idea why this one is going for so little.
Great knife!
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
JD Spydo

Spyders tend to get better with age

Post by JD Spydo »

Unless you just desperately need the money really bad you might just as well keep it for a while. Because Spyders are like fine wine and good art work>> they tend to get better with age and much more pricey too.

Now some do better than others but what I do like about the Superhawk is that during it's tenure it wasn't a big hit at the box office>> so in due time you have the combined market forces of low numbers and obscurity going in your favor. It's no 100% guarantee but it does seem to work on most models. The only 2 exceptions I can think of in that area of the Renegade and Blackhawk models. No matter how old they get they never seem to gain any demand. But most of them do over time.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
pdptrow

Post by pdptrow »

Another one strictly for buying/ selling/ trading is http://knife-bst.com
Paul
:spyder: Sage1, Stretch II CE-sold, S35VN Mule,Manix 2 CTS-XHP, Delica BRG ZDP-189 PE, Manix 2 CPM M4, Para 2 CTS-20CP :), M390 Mule, #Southard Flipper, Left Hand Millie, Para 2 204P :D, Delica Super blue
It is a mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
Donut

Post by Donut »

Bento Box Shop still has some new ones for sale for $202, and they aren't sold out. I would say less than that. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
the swamp fox

Post by the swamp fox »

Thanks for all of the input guys! It's greatly appreciated!