HideAway knives HAK

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
cubsfan1969

HideAway knives HAK

Post by cubsfan1969 »

I've read some old threads here and on another knife forum about these, and the stories told. Anyone had any recent dealings with them?

Thanks,
Davy
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

To be honest, I completely forgot about them until you asked. I haven't heard much talk about HAKs in a few years.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
jossta

Post by jossta »

I never really looked any further after I heard to steer clear. What about a Lagriffe?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

jossta wrote:I never really looked any further after I heard to steer clear. What about a Lagriffe?
Wasn't going to comment due to inexperience but Jossta said what I was going to :) . Perrin proven design and half the price? Hook me up.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

I've recently acquired 2 of these from personal collections, and they piqued my curiosity. As I stated before, I scoured the knife forums here and elsewhere looking for info. I found what info was out there, and of course after reading some of that it scared me away too. About a week ago, I sent a general question to the company inquiring about a knife that was on their site, figuring I'd get no reply. Like 3 days after that, I get an email from "William" stating my knife is ready to be shipped and they'd like to paid. I replied that I never ordered a knife, I just asked a question about a knife. The reply was basically do I want the knife or not. I replied that I would not do business with them due to the reputation garnered through a number of knife forums. I received an email after that stating that all of the info on the forums about them is BS, and because it's all lies they refuse to reply to any of it. I wrote back and said if it was all lies why the ostrich-like approach in defending yourself, and, no reply.
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

I had never seen what jos was talking about until now, and yes, that looks nice!
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

This is really unfortunate. I EDC a Curvey I've had for years. It's a great little knife, unique and custom to my fingers. But it sounds as though current business practices are "customer hostile."

So, too bad.
EarthDog
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Blerv wrote:Wasn't going to comment due to inexperience but Jossta said what I was going to :) . Perrin proven design and half the price? Hook me up.
+1 on that. While I'd like a HAK, I don't want to deal with shoddy customer service, nor pay what I believe to be a ridiculous price.

La Griffe=Winsauce.

Or a Spot :D
jossta

Post by jossta »

I actually always wanted a Perrin Shark. Might have to get one of the Boker ones.
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

EarthDog wrote:This is really unfortunate. I EDC a Curvey I've had for years. It's a great little knife, unique and custom to my fingers.
I have a Ken Brock Curvey HAK that I've worn under my shirt at work every day for the last 7+ years. Unfortunately, the whole Frontsight/William/HAK thing left a very bad taste in everyone's mouth. However, it is a great design and, for those interested, the 440C models are reasonably priced and available from a reputable dealer. I won't post any links, but the dealer is Fenix Outfitters; I've done business with them on several occasions and can recommend them.
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

jossta wrote:I actually always wanted a Perrin Shark. Might have to get one of the Boker ones.
I'd highly recommend it. I'm partial to the neck bowie myself, but had a Shark for a while.