I'm Chloe...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

Welcome.

Good to see more young women being interested in knives. Adds a different perspective.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Welcome to the forum :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
onecentweasel

Post by onecentweasel »

Welcome to Spyderco's forum Chloe!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Welcome, Chloe, to the Forums. There are certainly a lot of friendly "faces" here. I'm sure you'll fit right in. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

princess of bel air

welcome!
RobC2

Post by RobC2 »

Welcome. Look forward to more of your posts.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

When my dad raised me in beautiful homes in Bakersfield, Trona, Memphis, Detroit, and Death Valley well he didn't really collect anything, but us 5 kids. At any rate, Spyderco transcends socio-economics..they really are fantastic knives!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Welcome to the family!
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

chloe wrote:These knives are fun and I want to buy more to have around. When I last visited our Bel Air house, I took a small Spyereco with come kind of wood on it out of dad's collection to put on my car keys. I love it!

I guess that is it.

Thank you,

Chloe
Welcome to the forum. Do you know which knife you took from your Dad? Can you put a picture of it here for us to see?

Jack
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

jackknifeh wrote:Welcome to the forum. Do you know which knife you took from your Dad? Can you put a picture of it here for us to see?

Jack
I can guess spyfox or volpe
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

razorsharp wrote:I can guess spyfox or volpe
That is what I thought too...but then there was the bit about putting it on keys. That threw me...
On the hunt for...
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Good to see the female population represented on the forums! Despite getting my mom and sister each a Spyderco (foliage green Ladybug and purple Delica, respectively), I think they still find my knife habit a bit peculiar! Welcome to the forums and I hope you enjoy your time here!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Welcome Chloe! I'm terribly sorry your father is a Rolex fan. I just can't believe all those potential Spydies that he could have owned..

:D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

TazKristi wrote:Chloe,
Welcome to the Spyderco Forums. We hope you enjoy your time with us. I'm bumping this thread back up as it got caught in the less-than-perfect spam filter.

Kristi
There's a spam filter? Say it isn't so Kristi. I had no idea..... (wonders to self - 'how do any of my posts ever show up?' ;) )

Oh, and welcome Chloe. It's a great place to hang out.

Ken
玉鋼
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

razorsharp wrote:I can guess spyfox or volpe
I couldn't find a picture of a Spyfox but the Volpe does look like a great knife. I'd like Spyderco to make some more of them. They are discontinued now.

Jack
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Does anyone think a sprint run of the Volpe would fly?
http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=213

Chloe liked one so much she stole one from her loving father. :) If that's the one she has that is. (I imagine he forgave her :) )

I like the pointy tip and the place in front of the hole to put your index finger for controlled cutting. Maybe they could change it enough to allow tip up carry. VG-10 or S30V would be good for the blade IMO. That may keep cost down a little. Then again M4 would be ok with me. If anyone wants one you better state desires about it. I'm sure when Sal reads this post his next move will be to call the engineers and tell them to get to work on a sprint run Volpe. :o :D

Jack
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Welcome to the forum.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The leg humping is strong with this thread ;)

Welcome :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

jackknifeh wrote:Does anyone think a sprint run of the Volpe would fly?
Jack
I've owned a couple of Volpes, have one now. The style is not for everyone, but the blade is IMO a fine design. Unfortunately something went wrong with the design of the SS framelock which is difficult to close and requires two hands. The knife never generated demand as a user, the recent price rise is solely as a collectible. I would be shocked to see it as a sprint.

Oh, and I love the cutout bug on the framelock side.

add-> I've been thinking grinding out the left scale, as some have done with the GB, to give the thumb better access to the lock bar. That should enable me to close it with one hand.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Agreed.
Evil D wrote:The leg humping is strong with this thread ;)

Welcome :D
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt