Brown S35 Para 2 Shipping

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Tdog

Brown S35 Para 2 Shipping

Post by Tdog »

Just got notice that these will be shipping next week. May depend upon the dealer you purchased from, but I just paid the balance on mine. Will be interesting to see how the S35 compares to the S30. Love the Para platform. :D Thanks to all at Spyderco that make this possible.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I do not think you will see much difference if any. I will probably try to buy one just to add to the family. Not really worth the price, but will be a nice addition. Money is extremely tight right now because work is really slow; hopefully I will be able to grab one
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

INFRNL wrote:I do not think you will see much difference if any. I will probably try to buy one just to add to the family. Not really worth the price, but will be a nice addition. Money is extremely tight right now because work is really slow; hopefully I will be able to grab one
I hear you on the $$ part. I still have a few on pre-order and others I would like to get but can't afford.......oh well. This is one baaad......and good habit. At least there is something to show for it. :o
knifebuff732

Post by knifebuff732 »

If you don't mind me asking where did you order your brn para 2 s35vn from?
Cuz I have one on preorder at BHQ and I haven't heard a date yet and I just spoke to them on friday on the phone paying off the other preorder I had that came in the Nishijin "R". They shipped it on friday can't wait for it to get here this week.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

He probably ordered from Howes; they always get their knives first it seems. I see Howes get knives a good couple weeks earlier than everyone else. I think this is most likely cause they are club collectors. There are probably other cc's from different dealers, so I am not 100% sure, but Howes is my guess

I will probably find the funds somewhere to pick one up when they get regular stock in
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
GCG199

Post by GCG199 »

Glad to see that it is due soon!

I have been interested in it since I saw it on BladeHQ.com several months ago.
My favorite Spyderco knives include: Caly 3.5, Chaparral, Delica 4 FFG, Stretch, Para-Military 2, Endura 4 FFG, Manix 2 & Manix 2 XL!

TANSTAAFL
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Yeah mine is with Blade HQ as well and I have not heard anything yet. Good to see we're getting close on it though.
Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

INFRNL wrote:He probably ordered from Howes; they always get their knives first it seems. I see Howes get knives a good couple weeks earlier than everyone else. I think this is most likely cause they are club collectors. There are probably other cc's from different dealers, so I am not 100% sure, but Howes is my guess

I will probably find the funds somewhere to pick one up when they get regular stock in
Gold star award to INFRNL ;)
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Tdog wrote:Gold star award to INFRNL ;)
:D so what did I win, tell me tell me.......oh it wasn't a contest, darn.... :p
I had a good feeling, cause everytime I get mine from Jim, it seems like its a good couple weeks or so till I see them elsewhere. My preorders from Jim are mostly CC's. I have noticed though; lately a couple knives from hows have ended up being $15 more than CS. Thats a fairly good difference. I almost ordered from BHQ a while ago, but decided to hold off. I am curious what CS will sell these for. Cheapest preorder price I saw was $120+ few $'s shipping. I belive $135 will be the typical price, but would like to find a little cheaper if possible. I am hoping CS will be $125, but time will tell.

Post us some pics when it arrives!
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

There is one for sale on the 'Bay now. Hard to tell from the pictures what color the scales really are... But it is definitely s35vn...

Para2 S35vn Sprint on Ebay

TedP
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Thanks for the link phillip, I'll be watching that one... although the price will be too high eventually. That always happens to me :P
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
Slash

Post by Slash »

To many knive, to little $. Thanks for heads up.
Rossi

Post by Rossi »

Looks more like a type of charcoal colour to me.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Haven't held mine up to the brown millie but it appears to be the same shade brown. Gotta say this is the tightest of the Para's I've received. Used compressed air and lube but knife is still tight. Started to loosen the pivot screws but they must have been put in with super glue. :confused: Have the good Wiha torx but don't wanna strip the screws on a new knife. Guess I'll give another mini lube and work this a while. Should loosen up. I'm always impressed when I look at a new Para 2. Just an excellent design, a marvel, one of the best folders ever. Thank you Spyderco :D Did compare the brown millie and brown para 2 and imo the para 2 is slightly darker. This may be because of more use and cleaning of the millie. Can't be sure. Still both are beautiful knives.
Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

can't wait!
In omnia paratus
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Where's the pics????
cckw

Post by cckw »

.... yawn...
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Here's a shot of the auction knife. Bright and vibrant...it is not...
TedP

[ATTACH]19720[/ATTACH]
Attachments
brownpara2sm.jpg
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I think KW has these in stock. BHQ shows oos now. I really want one, but not sure I want to pay the premium. $135 is a lot to dish out whe we just had the xhp and 204P for the same or lower price. $120 would be a much better price imo
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

Well, I was successfully avoiding this one until today (had decided I wouldn't get this one because of the similarity in steel to regular production, yet $40 mark up in price) then I found it for $104 at a store I don't usually shop at while looking for a different knife, oh well I guess this way I'll have all PM2 Sprints. I'll try to remember to post up some pics with my other three and the brown military when I receive it.