Jester Sprint Grey G10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RLR

Jester Sprint Grey G10

Post by RLR »

What a great little big knife. I'd always missed my old burgundy micarta one. This version kills it. Liners, screw construction, and VG10. Great keychain or watch pocket knife:

RLR

Post by RLR »

Grey is lighter actually. Just quick phone pics.
Pro-V

Post by Pro-V »

RLR wrote:Grey is lighter actually. Just quick phone pics.
That's too bad - I would much prefer this color. I thought you had dyed the scales.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I wish that it had been that grey....

Though these pics are REALLY making me want one!
On the hunt for...
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

I ordered one today :D
I see, said the blind man.
MCM

Post by MCM »

2 in the mail.

My wife isnt a huge knife nut, but after looking at all the new Spyderco's at the Shot show she said
"Ooo, I want one of those" Just had to follow through..... :)
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I've used my Jester a lot since getting it. Very sturdy little knife and capable of most of my EDC cutting tasks. I've grabbed it more often than I ever did the Ladybug because even though the LB is a very capable I like the confidence I have in liners for strength.

Jack
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Most likely will pass. I am not a fan of gray peel-ply G10, especially for Jester. And certainly would prefer FRN for half of the price in this application.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

I carry my little burgundy Micarta version around some - its a beautiful little knife. But the Manbug has pretty much replaced both the Ladybug and Jester in my pocket when I reach for a small knife. The little extra bit of real estate on the Manbug makes it easier for me to use.

TedP
Worry less - Breathe more...

Spydie Fanatic #185
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

phillipsted wrote:I carry my little burgundy Micarta version around some - its a beautiful little knife. But the Manbug has pretty much replaced both the Ladybug and Jester in my pocket when I reach for a small knife. The little extra bit of real estate on the Manbug makes it easier for me to use.

TedP
Is the Manbug bigger than the Jester and Ladybug? The Jester and LB are about identical in size. Do you have the FRN manbug or has the G-10 one beeen released? If I buy a Manbug because it is a little bigger than the Jester it will be your fault. :) Thanks a lot! :mad: :)

Jack
RLR

Post by RLR »

Adding a fob like I did really makes a huge difference.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I may yet end up buying one of these just to see what the fuss is all about.

Seems like ever since I first found this site, I saw threads where folks were clamoring to bring back the Jester! :)

At first glance it doesn't grab me all that much, though that could well change if I held one...
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

jackknifeh wrote:Is the Manbug bigger than the Jester and Ladybug? The Jester and LB are about identical in size. Do you have the FRN manbug or has the G-10 one beeen released? If I buy a Manbug because it is a little bigger than the Jester it will be your fault. :) Thanks a lot! :mad: :)

Jack
Jack - just looking at the Manbug side-by-side with with Ladybug, you won't see a huge difference in size. But Sal designed the Manbug just enough bigger to make a big difference in the hand. Personally, I can't wait until Spyderco comes out with the ZDP-189 Manbug.

And yes, RLR, a little fob makes all these knives easier to handle. But for me, the Ladybug's constraint is the tiny Spydiehole. I just can't thumb it open easily. The Manbug just feels better...

TedP

P.S. - Jack, you should wait until the ZDP-189 version! :cool:
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

phillipsted wrote:Jack - just looking at the Manbug side-by-side with with Ladybug, you won't see a huge difference in size. But Sal designed the Manbug just enough bigger to make a big difference in the hand. Personally, I can't wait until Spyderco comes out with the ZDP-189 Manbug.

And yes, RLR, a little fob makes all these knives easier to handle. But for me, the Ladybug's constraint is the tiny Spydiehole. I just can't thumb it open easily. The Manbug just feels better...

TedP

P.S. - Jack, you should wait until the ZDP-189 version! :cool:
I just saw that the G-10 Manbug is on Howe's. Well, 7 of them yesterday. Today, who knows?

A FRN Manbug with ZDP would be nice. I don't think I'd pay the G-10/ZDP price. You know, I'd love to see one with M4. I've been told I'm too picky. :)

Jack
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I may have to get one so i can swap my ZDP blade in.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Evil D wrote:I may have to get one so i can swap my ZDP blade in.
What are you planning to swap??? I'm intrigued. You better not cost me any money. :D
ed9957

Post by ed9957 »

Mine just showed up today in the mail. Great little knife, I like the liners and nice lock up of the blade. Very sharp out of the box. It will definitely replace my Ladybug in my pocket .

Ed
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

rodloos wrote:Seems like ever since I first found this site, I saw threads where folks were clamoring to bring back the Jester! :)
I was definitely in the clamorer crowd and not to appear too ungrateful, but this incarnation of the Jester is a lot more than I was expecting. I would have been happy with another FRN release like the old lime green one but with a newer steel and screw construction.

We're seeing the use of the lighter gray G-10 now in some recent Sprints, the Jester and I'm sure some others coming up. I expect they got a boat load of it just like the foliage green stuff that seemed to be on every knife for a while.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jackknifeh wrote:Is the Manbug bigger than the Jester and Ladybug? The Jester and LB are about identical in size. Do you have the FRN manbug or has the G-10 one beeen released? If I buy a Manbug because it is a little bigger than the Jester it will be your fault. :) Thanks a lot! :mad: :)

Jack
Here's a shot of all of them. Not a huge difference in size, but it probably would matter to some. Personally, I still consider the micarta Jester to be the best of the lot.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

hiredgun wrote: We're seeing the use of the lighter gray G-10 now in some recent Sprints, the Jester and I'm sure some others coming up. I expect they got a boat load of it just like the foliage green stuff that seemed to be on every knife for a while.
Thinking the same thing. I am not a fan of gray G10, still it is better for me than FG. It would be certainly easier for me to spend $$ for Jester, if G10 was polished.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian