How did you use your Spyderco today?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Rutgrr

Post by Rutgrr »

I didn't use it :(
My :spyder:s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Used my XHP Millie to peel and slice a cucumber and to slice a Bosch pear
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I have been cutting lots of wood , battoning and whittling etc with my blue para. also just cut up a box with the intention of doing an m390 edge restoration video...but it didnt dull much, still sliced news paper, fail...in a good way :/

I plan to set a strider SMF (blasphemy?) fotr battoning and bushcrafty stuff :D
ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

Just 5 minutes ago my wife said "Chris there's something on the wall" I reached for my nightstand Military and pressed the edge against this black spider. Now there are two black things on the wall. Cannibal :D
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Huge jalapenos for the chicken enchiladas we had tonight.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Just opened a jumbo pack of paper towels with a G10 Delica. They make those suckers tough to get open.
Orion's Belt

Post by Orion's Belt »

I made some fuzz sticks with my Gayle Bradley. That's really it.
-Ryan
sharpguitarist

Post by sharpguitarist »

hey guys,
today i used my b/b para 1 to shave down some shims for a shelf we put up in our bathroom, and used my native 5 to cut some of that stretchy, stick to itself tape for my wife to bandage her finger from gouging it with the shims i shaved down for the shelf we put up in our bathroom.
funny but not funny, if you know what i mean.
later,
don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
juggler

Post by juggler »

Cut some wires. Some cardboard, too.

Then some bread and cheese.

Then my right hand. Nice cut, thin and deep. Lots of blood, lots of swearing.

All in all, a very nice Sunday afternoon...
cubsfan1969

Post by cubsfan1969 »

Bayou shooter again today (yes I'm in love with it!) some heat-shrink wrap and my finger too!! :D
Cscoop

Post by Cscoop »

Cut up some celery, carrot, onions, potatoes. The wife was making some stew and she knows how I love to use my stone washed FFG Delica.
We would not let our people have ideas why would we let them have guns? Josef Stalin
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Used my GB to cut up jalapeños,potatoes, and turkey ham to mix with eggs and cheese for a batch of breakfast burritos :D
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
metalhed
Location: (Golden, 5 miles from Spyderco)<NO LONGER Sacrameno Ca

Post by metalhed »

Used it to cut up a Sucker to bait our hooks while ice fishing
MetalHed
Rock on- Dude!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Thanks for all your inputs folks.

I used my Perrin PPT a few days ago to unpack some bulky letter packets. These are the shots from that.

Then on another day, I used the Perrin PPT to cut up a King Coconut (KC) and here's two pics from that.

The PPT performed flawlessly on the KC. Ate away through the thick outer skin and glided through the slightly softer inner flesh. Cutting in to the nut was easy too. There was no bending of the blade nor was there any issues after I finished cutting the KC up. Blades still hair shaving sharp. :D
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
notos&w

Post by notos&w »

Cub Scouts pinewood derby. Car was about 1/16" inch over length. Stretch II solved that problem on site, quickly. My son's car went on to win 6th place in the district.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

XHp Millie easily sliced up these ribs to serve :D

-Ryan

-Wicked Edge
Significent

Post by Significent »

I decided to try my hand at making a sheath for my new Cruwear Mule. What better way to start using the knife than to cut out the leather that will hold it. The Cruwear steel cut well. The sheath is glued together waiting for one last leather working tool to arrive before it can be sewn up and placed in service.
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Model- New Sage 1
Use- Fondle the bejesus out of it
How well- Nothing better
Serve- its purpose- Yes, extremely well
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I bought a computer power adapter cord to convert the 4 pin power connector for IDE hard drives and DVD drives to a power connector for a DVD SATA drive. The 4 pin connector didn't hold the pins good and one of the wires wouldn't make contact. I used my Jester to cut the plastic holder for the wires off of them. The cutting had to be pretty accurate and the Jester did a very good job. The Jester was easily sturdy enough to accomplish the job.

Jack
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

jackknifeh wrote:I bought a computer power adapter cord to convert the 4 pin power connector for IDE hard drives and DVD drives to a power connector for a DVD SATA drive. The 4 pin connector didn't hold the pins good and one of the wires wouldn't make contact. I used my Jester to cut the plastic holder for the wires off of them. The cutting had to be pretty accurate and the Jester did a very good job. The Jester was easily sturdy enough to accomplish the job.

Jack
The Jester has a 2mm thick blade right? How does it feel when you have held both the thicker and thinner blades, comparatively I mean. Does it feel lacking in anyway?
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.