Manix 2 or the para 2? Which is your favorite?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

darkstar29 wrote:Oh. We got jokes, do we? :D :) No worries, bud. I'm sure you'll get yours :p :D
Ha Ha. Just a bit of fun. I do pick jeans with larger pockets on purpose so that I can easily wear a knife and get my hands in to get to my keys.
On the hunt for...
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

No worries, SnooSnoo ;)
On the off-topic topic of pants. For work I wear wrangler riggs double knee.. And those are what I usually wear when doing outdoorsy stuff.. Otherwise it's levis 559+569.
Maybe those brands have thinner pocket openings than other jeans? I've never really paid attention..
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Not to totally derail this thread...

There is a company up here called Mark's Work Warehouse. They sell a lot of construction and outdoor wear (and some nicer more office type clothes) and they have their own brand and I find that the pockets on their jeans are pretty wide. Plus they are pretty heavy material which makes them last longer.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic.
On the hunt for...
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

darkstar29 wrote:Smaller pocket profile? Easier access to the pocket? Concealability is the wrong word, agreed. And I didn't spell it right..oh well :)

Pocketability? :D
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

I have neither a PM2 nor a Manix 2 at the moment. I do have a Paramilitary though, and I love it. The compression lock is top of the pops as far as I'm concerned.
If all goes as planned there will be a brand new bright pink Manix 2 in my mailbox tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that works out. :D
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

Pocketability? Bingo! :thumbsup:
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
starma

Post by starma »

phillipsted wrote:I resolved this issue on my main EDC Para2 by contacting STR and having him make a slim-line deep-carry titanium clip for the knife. It is a beauty of a thing and puts my Para2 almost entirely inside my pocket with just the top of the knife and the clip visible.

TedP
Do you have any pictures of your clip? I'd love to see what it looks like.
If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one? -Abraham Lincoln
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

As usual a question not easily answered with an absolute. Overall, PM2 due to design and refinement and overall utility, but I think the M2 might be a slightly harder use knife?? I dont know. Why do I try to answer these questions??? :confused: :confused:
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
TN.Frank

Re: Manix 2 or the para 2? Which is your favorite?

Post by TN.Frank »

I gave the Para 2 and the Manix2 both a close look at work(Cabela's) and ended up going with the Manix2 because I liked the lock and blade shape better. I have the G-10 now and I'm getting the light weight s110v dark blue model on Monday and I plan on doing a review of both on my YouTube channel.
:eek:
Cogito

Post by Cogito »

Manix 2 blk/blk is amazing. I'm gonna carry it tomorrow now.
Able Dog

Post by Able Dog »

I prefer the Manix 2, by a lot too.

I find the flatter belly of the Manix to be better for most uses, and I prefer the handle ergos.

Either model would be interesting to start collecting though as both have tons of desirable variants. The one advantage that the Manix platform has in that regard is the Manix 2 LW, which seems to have become the go to "Folding Mule" for extreme steels.

W.O.T.W. - Way of the Wharncliffe
palonej

Post by palonej »

I couldn't choose a favorite of those 2......I have 5 of each and love all of them!!
People complain about the BBL and I have to laugh. Break it in and it is smoooooooth!! Para 2 is usually smooth out of the box. People also compare the BBL with the Axis lock......it is NOT an Axis lock!
I sometimes carry one of each!
Joe
v8r

Post by v8r »

I prefer the Manix 2. Can't put my finger really on why I don't care for the Para 2. I have handled several versions, just never really warmed up to it.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Para 2. I like the lock better, the blade shape, the handle ergos, lighter than the g10 manix 2, and I don't care for the jimping all over the handle of the manix.

DLC Para 2 has seen the most pocket time of all my knives over the past five years.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

For me, it's a toss up between the Manix 2 G10 & Para 2. I carry the Manix 2 LW more than either of those. That might be different if there was a Para 2 LW.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!