For the riders and photogs

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
46Alpha

For the riders and photogs

Post by 46Alpha »

Nice clip. Watch it through, it's good. It's a promo for the new Nikon D800, but the riders in the house will enjoy it as well. :cool:

http://vimeo.com/36305675
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I've been looking forward to this camera, but feel a bit disappointed. It seems that Nikon drank the megapixel koolaid and went with higher resolution instead of better low light. So now I'm on the fence with this one. I'd much rather have a 24MP sensor with better noise control (due to the larger photosites). But that's just me. Megapixels are nice, but dynamic range, shadow noise/detail, and low light ability are my primary concerns when buying a camera. I know the D4 hits these areas, but at twice the price ($6k vs $3k), it is out of my budget.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Great video!! I wish they would have asked me to do the riding for it though. I've been contemplating selling my motorcycle, but after watching this, I want another one. ;) thanks for sharing.
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

jabba359 wrote:I've been looking forward to this camera, but feel a bit disappointed. It seems that Nikon drank the megapixel koolaid and went with higher resolution instead of better low light. So now I'm on the fence with this one. I'd much rather have a 24MP sensor with better noise control (due to the larger photosites). But that's just me. Megapixels are nice, but dynamic range, shadow noise/detail, and low light ability are my primary concerns when buying a camera. I know the D4 hits these areas, but at twice the price ($6k vs $3k), it is out of my budget.
I hear you on the higher resolution vs low light performance.

Although, the Rwb1500 clan is a Canon family. ;)