Murse

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
BAL

Post by BAL »

jossta wrote:Bag got on his bad side...
Probably hanging around where it wasn't supposed to be.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Anyone carry the Maxpedition Mongo ?
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Hmmm Mongo like beans. :D :D
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

19cohiba75,

Your kit looks full, would you give us a run down of what you have in there? I always like to see what other people carry in their bags.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Azwaiian wrote:19cohiba75,

Your kit looks full, would you give us a run down of what you have in there? I always like to see what other people carry in their bags.
We're gettin mighty personal here :p askin what's carried in a manbag can stir up a heap-o hornets :D Particlularrly if the little lady is luukin :D :D :p
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

^Yup. Especially if she sees that you have extra room.. You'll become her sherpa, and have to lug all her s*** up the mountain :D
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

LOL! I didn't mind showing my contents, hope others will show theirs! :p

I bought my wife her own Maxpedition Fatboy, which is Khaki colored, the same time I bought mine. That way she can carry her own stuff. :D
darkstar29

Post by darkstar29 »

That Mongo is sweet as ****, though.. It would be perfect for fishing tackle..
I walk away slow tonight,
and cut through the air
with a curse, like a knife.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

It looks big enough that you could fit a house in it. Looks like a cool vehicle EDC bag or range bag.

I bet it holds tons of kit/EDC goodies!
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Azwaiian wrote:19cohiba75,

LOL, don't own the Mongo yet. Just a pic I got off the net. I wanted to see if anyone here had personal experience with the Mongo :o . Here is a good review of it from a military view point of the Mongo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytmMNpGUYA
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Ohhhhh, my bad! Nah sorry I don't own one, but I have watched a lot of videos about the Mongo. Looks like a bag that can hold a lot of kit, I just wonder if it is comfortable to carry? I'll keep coming back to this thread and see what other people have to say. Thanks though. :D
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

BAL wrote:Probably hanging around where it wasn't supposed to be.
Literally and figuratively.
;)
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The Murse has already changed my life for the better.

On the first day I was using my laptop at my daughter's college when a screw came our of the bottom panel which was hanging open in one corner. I took my 8 way miniature screwdriver out of the Fatboy, reattached the screw and tightened several loose ones. On the second day I used the notebook I keep in the biggest Fatboy compartment to take down an address and directions. On the third day I caught my thumbnail and partially ripped it. Out come the nail clippers for a repair job.

On the downside I am becoming feminized, I can't believe I asked for directions . . .
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Post by 1623 »

Sequimite, how do you find the storm collar in the main compartment with regard to access?

I've read that many folks don't care for it and some choose to remove it because it gets in the way and inhibits removal of items due to them getting caught on the edge or the draw cord.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I have a Fatboy and I really don't like the storm collar. It does get in the way, more so when you're trying to find something in the side mesh pockets. I normally have to pull the collar out, or up really, when I want to retrieve things out of the mesh pocket. It is a neat concept, but I've never been caught in the rain while wearing mine, so I don't know how effective it is.

I've thought about cutting the storm collar out, but I don't know, maybe someday.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

1623 wrote:Sequimite, how do you find the storm collar in the main compartment with regard to access?

I've read that many folks don't care for it and some choose to remove it because it gets in the way and inhibits removal of items due to them getting caught on the edge or the draw cord.
I keep the storm collar folded down. The two mesh pockets which are partially covered by the folded down storm collar are used for first aid stuff that I hopefully won't have to use often.

We don't have storms here like most of the country but, since I sometimes find myself on the west side of the Olympic mountains where annual rainfall is >120" I'm not going to cut it off.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897

Post by 1623 »

Thanks guys.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

So....my nice new left side carry FatBoy comes in today. Load some stuff in it and try it on. Only problem, is that I can't get it to position or carry comfortably on the left side. I switch sides and voila the left side carry bag feels, fits, and carries great on the right side???? :confused: I confirmed the bag is left side carry. Anybody else find this was the case with their bag? I guess I just bought a leftside/rightside murse.....oh well. Time to fill this bad boy up.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Tdog wrote:So....my nice new left side carry FatBoy comes in today. Load some stuff in it and try it on. Only problem, is that I can't get it to position or carry comfortably on the left side. I switch sides and voila the left side carry bag feels, fits, and carries great on the right side???? :confused: I confirmed the bag is left side carry. Anybody else find this was the case with their bag? I guess I just bought a leftside/rightside murse.....oh well. Time to fill this bad boy up.
Odd, I just flipped mine around and the front strap was rubbing right under my Adam's apple. For me the S-type definitely works better on the left. I did lengthen the strap to about 3" from its maximum length before putting it on the first time and that seems about right.
JLS

Post by JLS »

19cohiba75 wrote:LOL, don't own the Mongo yet. Just a pic I got off the net. I wanted to see if anyone here had personal experience with the Mongo :o .
My wife has been using one as a purse for the past 2 years or so, I can't remember when we bought it. It's been through the worst that she and our 2 kids can dish out and doesn't look any worse for the wear. It gets drug on the ground sometimes, has had nearly every drinkable liquid spilled on or in it, has been vomited on, and just about everything else you can imagine. I'll try to get a picture later tonight, complete with a Spyderco Assist clipped onto it.

I've been impressed enough to think about getting something, but it probably won't be as big.
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...