Blade off center on military

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Allen R. wrote:Ok got the millie back together i also fixed the blade issue, It was a combination of the pivot screw along with the first screw that holds the knife together after loosing one then tightening the other i have found the perfect balance. The millie is simple to disassemble and reassemble, its the tweaking that my o.c.d. self does to things that take some time
I knew you would figure it out. Sometimes a little time and patience works!
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

the pivot screw fell out because i was being stupid i took male half of the pivot out and left female in i opened the knife ande the female portion fell out and out came blade i was trying to jus get it loose so i could straighten the blade but lesson learn. Thanks all you guys for helping me so quick i was literally workin on millie in on hand and typin on the forums with the other. You guys are great.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

are we sure we're good this time..... glad you got it back together; I knew you could do it. These knives are not that difficult
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Yea its simple as everything, but the thought that i had voided my warranty along with trying to be in a hurry to do it made things more complicated. Really is simple. thanks again you guys for all the help. A naggin wife telling you to stop playing with your knife is probably another reason i messed up earlier.
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Allen R. wrote:Yea its simple as everything, but the thought that i had voided my warranty along with trying to be in a hurry to do it made things more complicated. Really is simple. thanks again you guys for all the help. A naggin wife telling you to stop playing with your knife is probably another reason i messed up earlier.
I am sure many of us can relate. My wife has mellowed out some, but there are still many times she says something :) I probably get more :rolleyes: than anything now
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

I've made it a habit not to adjust anything during the break-in period. Not only with Spyderco, but with other brands as well.

For example, when I first received my Millie, the liner lock would make a minor scraping sound as it rubbed against the tang during closing. That went away after about a week. Probably a small burr that wore down or fell off with some usage. I only noticed the sound because I was in a quite room and can't imagine something like that being detected at the factory.