Whats your favorite knife brand other than Spyderco

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jossta

Post by jossta »

Yeah, Jesse is super nice from what I can tell. He's doing a passaround w/ that knife in the pic and the first guy on the list said that this one is head and shoulders above the one's he handled at G3 which were already awesome. I'll take some pics when my turn comes up.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

jossta wrote:If you like fixed blades, check out Jarosz Knives and Barker Knives. Both of those dudes grind like machines and aren't too pricey, although I don't think they're taking orders right now either.

Jarosz Scout:

I really like that....hopefully he will get a site together soon! I would love to see more.
On the hunt for...
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Just picked up a custom by Adventure Sworn and a knife by BHK in the last day or so. Both are really nice knives.

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Quick Draw

Post by Quick Draw »

I stopped buying Spyderco for a while and started buying mainly Benchmades. Then came to my senses and last few purchases all have a hole on the blades.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Current Spydie Count 21
jossta

Post by jossta »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I really like that....hopefully he will get a site together soon! I would love to see more.
He has a folder that's almost the same pattern. It's pretty nice. Very well priced too, not much more than a LionSpy. I have a flipper on order, I post some pics when I get it.
maa14

Post by maa14 »

Spyderco, SAK's, case, KAI USA(Shun,ZT, Kershaw), and Benchmade....not necessarily in that order
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Helle[img][IMG]http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... -00912.jpg[/img][/IMG]That often Always Changes but it's Helle today
My favorite Spyderco is the one I'm carrying now :p
gundude73

Post by gundude73 »

Kershaw/ZT and Chris Reeve.
Digicam Military
Digicam Paramilitary 2
Ladybug
Honeybee
Salt 1
Baliyo

-Matt
One

Post by One »

Although Spyderco will always be my favorite knife manufacturer, I think it's a bit myopic not to acknowledge that there are quite a few other brands that offer knives that are "all good, just different". Here are three that I've had particularly good experiences with:

1) Bradley Cutlery: I really like the mission of this company — custom design, made affordable. Bradley fills that niche right under CRK, and I think they do a pretty good job of it. I own a Bradley Mayhem, and although I wouldn't dare say it rivals custom balisongs, it is a finely crafted knife that is an incredible value, and it's made in the US, to boot. It flips smoothly, cuts well, and most importantly, it's a surprisingly functional knife.

2) Kershaw: If Spyderco ever had a twin separated at birth, Kershaw is it. They seem to share all the same core values — quality, innovation, experimentation, usability, affordability, and above all, customer service. Much like Spyderco, I constantly hear about how much knife knuts love their Kershaws and how well Kershaw treats its customers. It's no surprise these companies have collaborated in the past, and I'd love to see a SpyKer II someday. My only Kershaw is a Ti SG2 JYD II. Sharpest knife I own.

3) Galyean Pro Series: Speaking of the Junkyard Dog, I can't help but mention Tim Galyean's line of knives. He's an immensely talented designer offering some of the highest quality production knives out there. I currently EDC a small DLC JYD, and other than lacking a lefty clip and my beloved Spyderco hole, this knife is perfect for me.
Papa_K

Post by Papa_K »

You guys are going to laugh, look down your nose, or scoff... Gerbers.
(I should add some photos, and maybe I will later.)

I flew with a Gerber Mk I boot knife back in the day (USAF F-4Es), and also had a Mk II for the he>> of it, and for the survival schools back in those days. (Still have those knives, with the leather tape I'd added to the metal handles over 30 years ago.)
I'm somewhat older now, and have been living in Alaska for the last 20 years - A military move up here, and stayed after getting out.

Gerbers recently bought/received (Xmas or later):
1. Gerber Yari II Drop Point (S30V), which has already been put to good use, even though I don't especially want partial serrations. It's aluminum handled, indestructible, if not super-comfortable. Need a survival/military knife? A keeper.
2. An 06 Combat Folder, with an S30V blade -- Heavy metal at almost 6 3/4 oz. It's a clip knife, believe it or not, but for civilian purposes I'd probably use it with a sheath.
3. An Applegate/Fairbairn Covert, 154CM blade, a fun but fairly impractical blade. I like it.
4. A Gator I folding sheath knife, drop point, 3 3/4 inch 154CM blade. I really like this one, especially for the feel/weight/balance/comfort/etc. I'll be using this one next summer.

Next on my Spyderco wish list:
1. Delica 4 FFG, ZDP-189 === Just received the Dragonfly2 ZDP-189, and I was pleasantly surprised. I want the Delica, and the Stretch in the same ZDP-189 / BRG FRN... If I can work those by the wife.
Spyd3rco

Post by Spyd3rco »

kershaw
haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

i really like my french Laguiole Collection...
:spyder: Mule k390-S110v-Cruwear, Gayle Bradley, Cruwear Military Collectors #13V, CPM-M4-Ti Military CF Scales, Para2 20cp
jossta

Post by jossta »

My very first knife was a Gerber Gator(other than a SAK). Got it when I was 12, still have it. I wanted that knife SOOOOOOOOO badly. It's held up pretty well considering how many times it's been thrown at at tree. I don't use it anymore but it's not a bad knife.

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I really like that....hopefully he will get a site together soon! I would love to see more.
He said hopefully next month!
Random Dan

Post by Random Dan »

Zero Tolerance/Kershaw and Victorinox.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

jossta wrote:

He said hopefully next month!
Very cool...could end up my first custom.
On the hunt for...
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

RIOT wrote:None, Spyderco only lol seriously though NONE!
Same here.
Mano

Post by Mano »

Diaz Tools

Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Mano wrote:Diaz Tools

You've posted that before, and I've said this before, I love that blade.

I've tried pretty much every production knife brand out there, now, it's just Spydies and ESEE blades. I've thought about trying something from TOPS though.
Mano

Post by Mano »

All right all right, i will try to take newer pictures next time i post, promise!

Rwb1500 have you tried a knife from Jose? if the preference is on high carbon not stainless he makes knives in M4 and 51200 too.
Mano

Post by Mano »

newer pics: