Forum Knife Poll: Model

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.

What model would you like to see as a forum knife?

Manix LW
26%
Manix 2
20%
Native FRN
11%
Native 5
43%

Total votes: 167

Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

.357 mag wrote:I'd be up for just a UK pen. Better steel... N690, 154cm, S30V
DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Even though I have previously pushed Native...I change my mind.

Because it is true that the goal be to have a knife that is accessible for everyone. How about something like a UKPK with a better steel? Maybe not totally out there like 20CP or S90V or anything,...but maybe XHP? Not sure the costs differences, but a ukpk with something special would be really nice.
D1omedes wrote:An FRN UKPK makes the most sense. Even though I prefer a lock, I would get a forum UKPK (especially if it had CTS XHP :D ).
DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Now we just need to get everyone here on board and then the good folks in Golden :D :D :D

Count me in. Exclusive color and a steel upgrade? Beautiful and affordable. I'd settle for S30V, but certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at other choices. (M4 anyone? I can dream right?)
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Lets do a michael walker for a forum knife :D
EDIT: If we need to stay cheap, what about the superleaf?

Out of the list it would be a tough call since I have both and like them both. Being there are plenty of Manix's already; I vote Native 5, but no FRN and something different than g-10 like CF or micarta. If we have to go g-10; something other than Black....maybe brown?

as for steel; I prefer something beyond S30v...maybe xhp or 20cp; not too expensive.
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Thanks but right now I know they are busy and I would prefer to wait until they say that one will be done. Until then it's just fantasy. :)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

para 2
Niles

Post by Niles »

I think we've got two different things we're talking about: a sprint, and a forum knife. A sprint will be something like the native 5 in a premium steel. The forum knife will be the native or lw manix in a steel that keeps the cost down but maybe a unique set of colors.

To get a forum knife it'd have to be cheap. To get a sprint we'd need an investor.
Do no harm. Do know harm.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

If Spyderco should decide to offer us a Forum Knife this year, I will purchase it, regardless of model, materials, color, or anything else.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

David Lowry wrote: Until then it's just fantasy. :)
I lost my hope for Forum knife a while ago. And I cannot blame Spyderco after all this mess and complains in the threads after last knife was sold.
Still fantasy is not that bad, like playing games.
If miracle happen and Spyderco decide to award us with the forum knife somewhere in future, most likely l will buy any knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
juggler

Post by juggler »

BTW, what were the previous forum knives ? When were they issued ?
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

juggler wrote:BTW, what were the previous forum knives ? When were they issued ?
There have been probably a dozen or so forum knives spread across several different forums. Off the top of my head, there have been 3 forum Natives, a Spyderhawk, Adventura, Lava, Endura, Catcherman, Manix2 and many more which I am sure I left out.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
bh49

Post by bh49 »

juggler wrote:BTW, what were the previous forum knives ? When were they issued ?
check Paul's site
http://paulberetta.com/Forum%20Knives/
Jay_Ev wrote:Off the top of my head, there have been 3 forum Natives,
Only two so far: blue N3 and FFG N, unless you are counting 2012 Forum knife :D :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

How about killing two birds with one stone, and re-issuing a variation of the Caly Jr ? ;)
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

bh49 wrote:check Paul's site

Only two so far: blue N3 and FFG N, unless you are counting 2012 Forum knife :D :)
There was a blue G10 Native also, I think it was BladeForums, at least I think I remember seeing one.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Not my pic, but shows Native:
Attachments
natives.jpg
natives.jpg (100.65 KiB) Viewed 1615 times
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

No d fly vote :(
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
juggler

Post by juggler »

bh49 wrote:check Paul's site
Jay_Ev wrote:Not my pic, but shows Native:
Thanks for your answers. I didn't know there had been so many of them.

Which brings me to my next question : why did it stop ? Too much hassle ? Not enough buyers ?
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

juggler wrote:Thanks for your answers. I didn't know there had been so many of them.

Which brings me to my next question : why did it stop ? Too much hassle ? Not enough buyers ?
Too much drama, I suspect. As I recall... the last time it happened, what should have been a nice gesture from Spyderco to it's fans ended up becoming a huge ordeal. Some were purchasing multiple knives and selling them at inflated prices, a lot of people didn't get one, battle lines were drawn... flames exchanged... people left the forums completely. That was when membership here was less open too. With the sheer number of people who seem to be signing up for accounts solely to incite controversy these days... I can only imagine that the problems that cropped up before would be worse now. Still, we can all dream. Maybe someday. I am with some of the other posters in the "I'd buy it, no matter what it is" camp... for the record.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
juggler

Post by juggler »

Jordan wrote:Too much drama, I suspect.
Oh, I see. I understand now why Spyderco doesn't seem to be willing to do it again...
araneae

Post by araneae »

They also are running the Golden factory at full production which leaves less time for little side projects like forum knives.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Diesel55

Post by Diesel55 »

Manix LW in red.
Spydies owned: Sage, Sage 2, Sage 3, Sage 4, Lum CF, Lum (foliage), Para Military, Gayle Bradley, Caly 3, M390 Military, Military (orange), PM 2 (orange), Dodo (orange), Manix 2 (orange), Manix 2 (moonglow), Merlin, Matriarch SE, UKPK (maroon), Chinook 3, Khukuri, Superhawk, Street Beat, Lum Tanto sprint, Massad Ayoob sprint, PPT, Shabaria, Persian (red), JD Smith (foliage), BayouShooter Endura, and P'kal.

Waiting for: Dark green PM2.
Shakyamuni

Post by Shakyamuni »

I voted for Manix LW. My preference would be smoke gray, but I like black knives :)