Spyderco Forums Sprint Run?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Civilian made in USA with Ti handles and m4 or s35 steel.
46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

Shakyamuni wrote:+1! I like the blue lightweight manix a lot, but would like a slightly better steel.
+2
I'd be on board with that. Doesn't even need to be totally exotic steel. I'd be in for a FFG S30V to keep costs down. Maybe a translucent smoke handle? That'd look sweet :spyder:

jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

Sequimite wrote:The most obvious next forum knife is the Manix 2 Lightweight. Getting a unique color should be inexpensive, ala FRN, upgrade the steel, laser engraving and you're done; at a selling price of around $80.
Love this idea. S30V, S35VN, CTS-XHP would be fine with me. As far as handle color..... Anything really. There have been a lot out. We could go for something different. Like a coyote tan or some earth tones. DLC black anyone? Just putting it out there.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I like the idea of the Manix2 Lightweight but don't know about CPM-S30v. If it costs much more than the BD-1 I would rather pass or jump to something a bit snazzier.

In fact, limit it one per customer and send out forum emails with confirm codes before opening it to the rest of the world (or just confirm email address when ordering). Make it CPM-S90v or CTS-20cp and sell it for $100-115. :D

That way everyone could afford a little slice of heaven and it would show people the important of being connected to the forums. Plus, if people choose to sell their own model for huge gains they will only have 1 chance to do so, thus keeping profiteering to a minimum.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Shakyamuni wrote:+1! I like the blue lightweight manix a lot, but would like a slightly better steel.
How about the possibility of using one of the previously tested mule team steels for the forum spring. I would like a lightweight Manix 2 in H1 with yellow FRCP handles. Maybe another hot carpenter steel in a red FRCP could be an option too?
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Blerv wrote:I like the idea of the Manix2 Lightweight but don't know about CPM-S30v. If it costs much more than the BD-1 I would rather pass or jump to something a bit snazzier.

In fact, limit it one per customer and send out forum emails with confirm codes before opening it to the rest of the world (or just confirm email address when ordering). Make it CPM-S90v or CTS-20cp and sell it for $100-115. :D

That way everyone could afford a little slice of heaven and it would show people the important of being connected to the forums. Plus, if people choose to sell their own model for huge gains they will only have 1 chance to do so, thus keeping profiteering to a minimum.
I like it, I like it a lot. One caveat, S30v would be fine with me, but going to S90V or 20CP without a big price jump would be a wonderful option.

I also really dig the Manbug idea too.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Blerv wrote:I like the idea of the Manix2 Lightweight but don't know about CPM-S30v. If it costs much more than the BD-1 I would rather pass or jump to something a bit snazzier.

I like the way you think Blerv. :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I like the way you think Blerv. :D
"It's such a fine line between stupid and uh, clever" ;)
Niles

Post by Niles »

If it's going to be a manix, I'd really like to see it in a premium steel.

As for the limit, I'd hope for a two per person limit. That way I could get two and not be afraid to carry one. Just having one means I probably won't use it out of fear of not being able to replace it.
Do no harm. Do know harm.
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

46Alpha wrote:+2
I'd be on board with that. Doesn't even need to be totally exotic steel. I'd be in for a FFG S30V to keep costs down. Maybe a translucent smoke handle? That'd look sweet :spyder:
+3

S30V is fine for the sake of costs, but I would not be terribly disappointed with something like XHP, 20CP or the like for a few $$$ more :)
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

In for a lw Manix with cool frn color. I think it would be really cool to have a dlc blade with the bug logo being red for the forum colors. Something simple but there, just so people know its a forum knife
Latest :spyder:: Yojimbo 2
Pro-V

Post by Pro-V »

I would be in for almost any model. I like Blerv's idea of limiting sales to forum members, 1 per person, before opening to the public (when forum members could then purchase backups). I would also like to see the forum knives have some consistent color or marking/engraving year to year, so that they would be instantly recognizable as a Spyderco Forum model - much like the USN knives. Red and black sounds good to me!
juggler

Post by juggler »

Sequimite wrote:The most obvious next forum knife is the Manix 2 Lightweight. Getting a unique color should be inexpensive, ala FRN, upgrade the steel
I like this idea. I like it a lot!

CTS-XHP would be nice, but actually any steel would be fine. As for the color, so many to choose from...

[ATTACH]18195[/ATTACH]
Attachments
manix_clr.jpg
manix_clr.jpg (91.75 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

juggler wrote:I like this idea. I like it a lot!

CTS-XHP would be nice, but actually any steel would be fine. As for the color, so many to choose from...

[ATTACH]18195[/ATTACH]
Give me the red handle with a black blade and red spydie logo!
Zerimas

Post by Zerimas »

[ATTACH]18195[/ATTACH]
Oh my! All those colours look great. I am particularly fond of the green and purple. Nice mock-up.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

pmbspyder wrote:Give me the red handle with a black blade and red spydie logo!
I would love that color combo and I know Evil D would be gathering as many as he could buy.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Oh **** yeah! I would buy any one of those knives! Those colors are just eye popping, like fricken candy, yum-yum! :p
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

[ATTACH]18195[/ATTACH]
Each knife ships with a roll of Life Savers ;)
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Niles

Post by Niles »

pmbspyder wrote:Give me the red handle with a black blade and red spydie logo!
Do no harm. Do know harm.
pmbspyder

Post by pmbspyder »

Niles wrote:Image
Oh my god, I'm in love!!!!!!!! Thanks for the mockup! If only I had 30k to throw at this project!