Sig Sauer?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Dollar for Dollar, Gock is a much better value, but if price isn't a big consideration then the Sigs are hard to beat.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I lust over Sigs but for the money i'd buy a Glock first.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
gac

Post by gac »

CZ wins the thread. I was dry firing my compact in the basement an hour ago.
mkd wrote: Image
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

If you have the money, and most importantly a SIG feels good in your hand, go for it. I have tried really hard to like SIG, but all the ones I have handled and fired were just goofy fits in my small hands. I prefer my Glock 19 or something smaller. It really is about how it fits/feels to me. That's what matters. I don't care if it's a 3,000.00 gun or 250.00. It's got to feel good when I pull the trigger.
On a random historical side note, I was surprised to see J.P. Sauer & Sohn stamped on an old Nazi dagger my grandfather had in his closet. His father brought it back from WWII. So from making daggers for the Nazi to one of the most popular small arms dealers. That's a long history of making weapons.
r small

Post by r small »

The SIG 239 (a compact 9mm) should fit smaller hands pretty well. Single stack mag makes the grip thinner.
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

I'm a Sig Sauer fan and pleased to see Sig's push to improve quality, design and innovation in recent years. If you want some good recommendations, go to http://www.sigforum.com. The forum is independent of Sig Sauer, so you'll find fans of all makes willing to chime in on your questions and offer you first hand comparisons of Sigs to other makes.

Just for grins, note what kind of knife is pictured next to the Sig on their splash page...yes a Spyderco. Sig Sauers and Spydercos go together like peanut butter and jelly :)
Pneumothorax

Post by Pneumothorax »

Im just posting for fun, since Im not an expert, but I have a Sig 228 and love it. Glocks were just beginning to come into their own when I bought my Sig and it was not even a consideration. Today, hoever, I would consider a Glock, but Sig will always be my first love. My holy grail is P210 (no called the legend or something like that...) for when I make a lot of money...
2011: G10 Dragonfly ^ Breeden Rescue ^ Bug ^ Honeybee ^ Centofante 3 ^ Woodcraft Mule ^SFO Visit Buys = Frn Stretch & Native 4 CF!! ^ Salt 1 ^ Burgundy Calypso ZDP-189 ^ Walker Blue Almite ^ Native 5 ^ Squeak ^ Chaparral ^ Urban Olive Green ^ STREET BEAT!!...
2012: Caly Jr (vintage/NIB!), SS Navigator-fave LBK of all time, Jester, Orange Dodo, CS Orange PM2,Techno, Bradley! AIR!!
2cha

Post by 2cha »

I have both Sig 239 and CZ P-01. I prefer the CZ, but don't regret the Sig. The Sig feels clunky and top heavy compared to the CZ. CZ mere 2 oz heavier empty but has 6 rd. larger capacity. CZ maybe 1/8 wider (not including grips) plus decocker sticks out a bit further. CZ P-01 is about 3 oz lighter than Sig 229. Sig DA trigger is a little smoother, but CZ SA is better IMO. Sig made in US, CZ in Czech.

[ATTACH]18172[/ATTACH]
Attachments
L1000101_4.jpg
L1000101_4.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 1848 times
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I've got the Sig Sauer P220 and P226, both full-size and like them both. The P226 is in .40 caliber, has great accuaracy and range. I also like the simplicity of taking down a Sig for cleaning, the decoking lever is wonderful, and I personally prefer having an exposed hammer on my handguns.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
rg02

Post by rg02 »

Scottie3000 wrote:Thanks guys. I know the glocks feel very good in hand. I've been bouncing between the 19 and 26. I think I'll do the default forum answer and get both. The sigs look nice but maybe not for ccw. I think they would compete for my next sa/da with a H&K.
ideally, i would own both the 19 and 26. I didnt have the funds to own both, so I chose the Glock 26 because it works great for both home defense(along with my 12 gauge) and for CC in warm and cold weather. Very easily concealable. I carry mine in a crossbreed horsehide supertuck IWB and love it.
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
BAL

Post by BAL »

You can buy the same quality Glock for a lot less money and then get a Millie and a couple other Spyderco's with the balance.
2cha

Post by 2cha »

BAL wrote:You can buy the same quality Glock for a lot less money and then get a Millie and a couple other Spyderco's with the balance.
True,..., or you could buy a good looking gun :p
jwh

Post by jwh »

I have a 239 in 9mm that is great for cc. I have a 226 in .40 that is a fantastic pistol bit I do not cc it. I can also attest that the CZ is a really nice pistol. I have the full size tactical with a streamlight by my bedside every night.

jwh
Thanks,
jwh :spyder:

[CENTER]Manix 2 / Native Lightweight FRN / ParaMilitary 2 / Endura 4 FRN / Delica 4 FRN
UK Penknife FRN / Native 5 / Leafstorm / Urban Wharncliffe
/ Stretch FRN / ManBug G10
[/CENTER]
[CENTER]Delica 4 FRN / Dragonfly 2 H1 FRN / Yojimbo 2 / Ladybug 3 H1 FRN / Military [/CENTER]
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

2cha wrote:true,..., or you could buy a good looking gun :p
lol!!!
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

2cha wrote: ...or you could buy a good looking gun :p

-On the Spyderco Forum?

Really? :eek: :spyder: ;)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I was very fond of my Sig229. I sold it years ago but only because it was the odd caliber out and 357SIG was too expensive to shoot. In hind sight, I think I should have picked up a 40SW barrel and kept the gun, but I was also financing an AR-15 build and I needed the cash. It was very high quality and one of the most accurate in my collection. I never had a failure in 2000+ rounds.
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
2cha

Post by 2cha »

At this point, might be worth waiting around to see what comes out at SHOT this week. I just saw a youtube of an ultra slim Springfield XD .45 that's only an inch wide. I suspect that the past couple years' consumer fascination with carry guns will "carry" over with other manufacturers as well.
BAL

Post by BAL »

I guess that it depends why you buy a gun. For looks or to do the job. I am not saying that a Sig, 1911, SW revolver or other fine looking weapon don't get the job done. I have some nice looking guns and I trust them or I wouldn't have them. That's the main reason that I buy them. That's why I carry a Glock, I trust it more than any gun that I have. If I personally felt that there was something better, I would buy it and carry it. I have my pretty's in the house. I use them for SD as well, but the Glock is what is with me daily.

However, in the economic time that we are in, and depending upon your needs, a person has to take all variables into account. I would love to have a LionSpy. However, for the same price, I can get a Millie, Para 2 and Manix LW.

(The ole Glock discussions, I remember them well.)
2cha

Post by 2cha »

BAL wrote:I guess that it depends why you buy a gun. For looks or to do the job.
I was just joshin'! I don't have anything against Glocks, just never spent the time to get comfortable with them,....
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

I knew you were kidding 2cha! :)

But as this is he headquarters of "...designed in the dark, form follows function" I just had to tease about it a bit. :D