Sig Sauer?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Scottie3000

Sig Sauer?

Post by Scottie3000 »

Anyone have any good info/opinions? I never came into much contact with Sigs. Looking for a new CCW. I was thinking a glock 19, but saw some 226 and 229s at the gun shop.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
dmon

Post by dmon »

Both are great guns, well built, reliable and accurate. But a bit too big and heavy for convenient CCW in my not-too-much-biassed Glockaholic's opinion. :)
gac

Post by gac »

I'd rather have a Sig than a Glock. Sigs are very highly regarded. I've been seriously thinking about getting a P250 or a used 226 or 220.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Loves Sigs My favorite is the P220 in .45ACP.....Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

You won't regret owning a Sig. The 220 was my duty weapon for years. :)

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
dmon

Post by dmon »

OldSarSwmr wrote:You won't regret owning a Sig. The 220 was my duty weapon for years. :)

Dan
220 is my favorite Sig. Love it.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

dmon wrote:Both are great guns, well built, reliable and accurate. But a bit too big and heavy for convenient CCW in my not-too-much-biassed Glockaholic's opinion. :)
Glock guy here as well :D

Go with the glock 19 or Glock 26 if you want 9mm, or get a glock 23 or glock 27 fOr .40 s&w
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
tortoise

Post by tortoise »

rg02 wrote:Glock guy here as well :D

Go with the glock 19 or Glock 26 if you want 9mm, or get a glock 23 or glock 27 fOr .40 s&w

Ditto the above.

-Maybe a G30. That's one I don't have, but wouldn't mind having.

Nothing wrong with Sig Sauer, naturally.

Horses for courses... ;)
Paradiggum

Post by Paradiggum »

I have both and like both. With these two it comes down to comfort and grip angle. The Glock fits me better because of the angle of the grip. That's the only real reason for preference. But that's in general.
I prefer the grips of the 9,40 calibers. I have a 21 in .45 and it's too big around.
My Sig 220 however is my preference over the two in that caliber because of comfort.
Though the Glock has a higher cap mag.

Handle both and let your hands decide.

The Glock also gets a small nod because I'm left handed.
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

I can vouch personally and enthusiastically for both Sigs and Glocks ( my experience with these two exceeds all other autos,collectively).
That being said, if I was buying brand new, I'd go for a $485 G19 over an $850 Sig 226, all day long, and never look back.
$25 Glock magazines don't hurt the equation,either. ;)

P.S. BUT.......I've recieved some e-mails lately about some very clean, very economical Sig 226 police trade-ins, from Wideners, I believe.
P.P.S. Here you go.....http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... |1012|1026
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

Thanks guys. I know the glocks feel very good in hand. I've been bouncing between the 19 and 26. I think I'll do the default forum answer and get both. The sigs look nice but maybe not for ccw. I think they would compete for my next sa/da with a H&K.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
gac

Post by gac »

MIL-DOT wrote:
P.S. BUT.......I've recieved some e-mails lately about some very clean, very economical Sig 226 police trade-ins, from Wideners, I believe.
P.P.S. Here you go.....http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... |1012|1026
Wideners has the more compact 228 and 225 (P6) available as well and at cheaper prices.
http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=700|1012|1026
Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

Glock all the way
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Tuning in a bit late to the conversation, but that has never stopped me from interjecting my opinion before, why start now :p .

Steer clear of the 250... it doesn't live up to Sig's high standards (IMHO), if you want a "budget" sig, go with the 2022. If you have the cash though... you won't regret anything from the 220 series. I have a 2340 in .357 Sig, a 226 in .40 and a 229 in 9mm that I carry pretty frequently (one at a time... all at once might be a bit excessive :D ). Indeed, they are heavier than Glocks... but they are better shooting (calm down fellas... I like the tupperware too, but there is no competition in the trigger department :p ), so basically a wash in the concealed carry dept. After all, to paraphrase Clint Smith... a gun is supposed to be comforting rather than comfortable. What you gain for the weight is legendary reliability and accuracy.

The 226 is one of the few firearms I've owned which I can honestly say has never once had a failure of any kind. Even my G17 has the occasional stovepipe when fed particularly crappy ammo... but the Sig eats it all and loves it. Their new 220 series subcompact should be filtering into the market soon too, the 224 if I am not mistaken. Similar firing controls and ergos to the rest of the series, but itty bitty (bout Kel-Tec P11/P40 size I think) and with their DAK trigger standard. Might be worth looking into if you are into that sort of thing.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Sigs are extremely high quality firearms, as well as are Glocks. My 226 is my favorite handgun I own. When it comes to conceal carry I think Glocks have a slight edge. I shot the Sig P290 and it was not for me, and I anxiously await when I can shoot a P224. If you want a gun for target/sport/competition shooting, a Sig 200 series is the best in the business. If you want something that is light and conceals well, get a Glock. When I want to go shoot for fun, I'll take my Sig over the Glock every single time, but I conceal carry a Glock.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
Macaulay

Post by Macaulay »

Get a 220 Carry Equinox
the DA/SA pull is nice and crisp
it's powerful, carries well, and the wooden grips are beautiful!
"████ ██ █ ████ everything ███ █████ is █████ ████ ████ fine ████ ███ █ ██████ love █████ ██████ ███ your █████ ████ government."
dgulbra

Post by dgulbra »

Macaulay wrote:Get a 220 Carry Equinox
the DA/SA pull is nice and crisp
it's powerful, carries well, and the wooden grips are beautiful!
Thats a 30 oz gun for 8+1.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
mkd

Post by mkd »

every bit as good as sig!i was going to buy a glock till i put one of these in my hand. it's a cz p01. Image
JLS

Post by JLS »

Sig Sauer is not my personal preference, but you'd be a fool to say they aren't some of the best handguns out there. The P22X series has earned its excellent reputation. As a kid, I really wanted a P226. If I was to buy one now, it would be a P228.

They are reliable, handle well and have excellent triggers if you like the DA/SA operation. I haven't spent enough time with the DAK triggers to form an opinion, but many love that system as well.

Basically, if you really like the Sig, go for it. But I'd also give Glock and S&W M&P a chance. ;)
42 Spyderco fixed blades and counting...
r small

Post by r small »

For a DA/SA system Sigs are hard to beat. Accurate, reliable, and easy to field strip (you can do it blindfolded in a few seconds). For striker-fired system Glock leads the pack. So DA/SA vs. striker-fired might be something to consider. Also alloy frame (Sig) vs. polymer frame (Glock).