Loving my Manix XL

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Allen R.

Loving my Manix XL

Post by Allen R. »

Mail man just brought me the new Manix 2 XL and Wow!! I'm loving it!! I jumped on this knife as soon as i saw it fearing it would sell out and I would have to wait around like i am now for the Yojimbo. Anyway, for the size difference between the manix 2 and manix XL the weight doesn't really feel any different to me. Big FFG s30v blade, IMO is what the manix 2 was missing, great ergos, what's not to love, this knife is awesome!! I just checked where i bought my knife from and sure enough they are sold out!!! Anyways, this knife is even alot smoother than my manix 2 i mean butter on glass smooth. I believe this knife has just overtaken the military as my favorite large folder Two thumbs up Spyderco great job this knife is a steal at 91.00
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

I agree! Mine has become one of my favorite Spydercos for when a larger knife may be in order.
I have too many expensive hobbies to even consider another one.
NAKK77

Post by NAKK77 »

Mine is coming this week I cant wait!!
Galatians 2:20
Total Surrender /FONT]
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

its in my pocket right now!!! love it!
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I like it as well, although the positioning is kind of awkward. It leaves a lot of handle sticking out (not deep-carry friendly). Aside from that, it's great. Not hearing a whole lot of buzz about it here on the forum though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Hooterville

Post by Hooterville »

Why don't I have one? :(
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

Oh yea hats off to Jeff at cutleryshoppe.com great service and fast shipping
I've been bitten for about a year now, and I haven't been the same since...My name is Allen and I'm a spyder-holic
panthervikefan

Post by panthervikefan »

Mine comes in tomorrow!! CAN'T WAIT!!!
46Alpha

Post by 46Alpha »

I've been enjoying mine as well. Used it for some light yard work and brush clearing today. Another great slicer from Spyderco.
jackthedog

Post by jackthedog »

Jay_Ev wrote:I like it as well, although the positioning is kind of awkward. It leaves a lot of handle sticking out (not deep-carry friendly)
Check out STR's lowrider clips over on BF. I'm guessing he could make one, if one of his existing clips doesn't already work.

(If this post is in conflict with the rules in anyway, I apologize and I will immediately remove it).
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Wow, this sounds like a dream cause youse gotta POST PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED. Just sayin.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

If i can find camera i will
Allen R.

Post by Allen R. »

o yea and speaking of pocket clips i believe its the same clip as manix 2 just kind of in a weird place lanyard hole and up is completely exposed when knife is clipped in pocket
dmon

Post by dmon »

I like it. That's one sturdy knife with a special charm. I am glad i had a chance to get it. But definitely not carrying it because of size, weight and clip design. There are much better EDC choices among larger knives. I would have to lose at least 5 of my top larger EDC choices before i even think of carrying Manix XL
BSBG

Post by BSBG »

Cheddarnut wrote:Wow, this sounds like a dream cause youse gotta POST PICS OR IT NEVER HAPPENED. Just sayin.

:D
I have too many expensive hobbies to even consider another one.
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

Very nice knife. Works great for me. I'm wearing XL gloves so the size is perfect. Very good grip and feel. It is a beast.