Spyderco Walker Lightweight.. Custom Handles

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I kind of like the Nishijin, I know that some aren't so fond of it, but I like that it has almost a 3D effect to it. http://images.knifecenter.com/knifecent ... 67GRPa.jpg
is it smooth or does it have some texture to it? It almost looks like diamond plate, like on truck tool boxes. I would have to see it in person to get a real perspective on it. I will do some you-tubing :D
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I don't really like the Nishijin! I think, for the Walker, it should be another Almite!!!!! Like the toad or mouse! ;) YEAH
[Waffle]

This world is made of.. Love and Peace
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I love the Walker, but I honestly feel like if it were Nishijin, I might turn it down. Same way I feel about the carbon fiber zowada. I really love the micarta versions, but for some reason the CF zowada is ugly to me. :/
[Waffle]

INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

Sal need to think of something to keep it classy. I am in though, I love this knife, just some minor updates. Its the only one I have so could do something similar to the past
CF Balance, CF Caly3 ZDP, Caly 3.5 SB, CAT 440C, Chaparral, Orange Jigged Damascus Delica, Blue Jigged Damascus Delica, BRG Delica ZDP(SOON TO BE G-10!), FG G-10 DragonFly, Gayle Bradley, 2012 Jester, H1 Ladybug Salt Hawkbill w/G-10 scales, Tan Manix 2 M4, MoonGlow Manix 2, C22CF Michael Walker, BRN Millie XHP, Native 5, PM2, All Black PM2, Gray PM2 20CP, Blue PM2 M390, Sage 1, Sage 2, Sage 4, Terzuola, CF Stretch ZDP, UKPK Drop Point
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Whatever you do, just be sure that you don't release it between MAY and AUG this year. I will be in basic training. I don't want to miss this one. I miss everything. I'm always findin cool knives when it's too late!!! :/
[Waffle]

DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

INFRNL wrote:is it smooth or does it have some texture to it? It almost looks like diamond plate, like on truck tool boxes. I would have to see it in person to get a real perspective on it. I will do some you-tubing :D
It is smooth. Like the old CF. But I always found that with slightly moist hands, it still gave some ok grip, and as a gent's folder...I haven't ever done anything that needed more. (Not that I would complain if there was a way to get the Taiwan weaved CF on it!!)
Waffle wrote:I don't really like the Nishijin! I think, for the Walker, it should be another Almite!!!!! Like the toad or mouse! ;) YEAH
In the opposite to the above, I found that the Almite version is far far too slick. I found that it was often almost difficult to even open and close.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote: In the opposite to the above, I found that the Almite version is far far too slick. I found that it was often almost difficult to even open and close.
Shoot, I wish I had an Almite version so I could test that out. :)
[Waffle]

DeathBySnooSnoo

Waffle wrote:Shoot, I wish I had an Almite version so I could test that out. :)
They come up now and then. I haven't seen many for sale, they go fast I guess. They are a pretty nice looking knife, though the blue is a little bit light, and makes it a bit feminine looking IMO. But I will say that the VG-10 on mine was amazingly sharp out of the box....sadly I really don't ever use it.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:They come up now and then. I haven't seen many for sale, they go fast I guess. They are a pretty nice looking knife, though the blue is a little bit light, and makes it a bit feminine looking IMO. But I will say that the VG-10 on mine was amazingly sharp out of the box....sadly I really don't ever use it.
I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled!! :eek: <-- peeled
[Waffle]

DeathBySnooSnoo

Waffle wrote:I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled!! :eek: <-- peeled
Ha Ha yes you are...I think that I have seen about 2 or 3 in the last year. And I bought one :D
Luckily they have all been really quite reasonably priced. But make sure you check all boards as well as ebay.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Ha Ha yes you are...I think that I have seen about 2 or 3 in the last year. And I bought one :D
Luckily they have all been really quite reasonably priced. But make sure you check all boards as well as ebay.
What boards do you recommend? I frequent jerzeedevil and blade forums; I spend most of my time here though(admiring all of the beautiful Spyderco knives that I can't afford and have missed out on)! :p
[Waffle]

DeathBySnooSnoo

I would also add knifeforums, knifebst in there as well. And even EDC forums.

And you will see and be tempted to buy all the nice Spydercos you missed out on there too...
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I would also add knifeforums, knifebst in there as well. And even EDC forums.

And you will see and be tempted to buy all the nice Spydercos you missed out on there too...
NOTED.. I shall venture on over there! Thanks!! :spyder: :D :spyder:
[Waffle]

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

I know this is an older thread and it's strayed a bit.. but I wanted to add:

Sal, if you're still considering a Sprint Run Walker, what do you think about a titanium? Similar to that of the Military model? I'll sell my organs for one of those.. though I'd probably sell my organs for a lot of those Walker models that elude me. ;)
[Waffle]

The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Waffle wrote:I know this is an older thread and it's strayed a bit.. but I wanted to add:

Sal, if you're still considering a Sprint Run Walker, what do you think about a titanium? Similar to that of the Military model? I'll sell my organs for one of those.. though I'd probably sell my organs for a lot of those Walker models that elude me. ;)
Thing is, would it still be a Walker if it had a RIL? Would Michael Walker approve it? I suppose you could do titanium handles with a steel liner lock like the original Lum Tanto or the titanium Lum Chinese folder.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
INFRNL

Post by INFRNL »

I would be happy with anything. I do not like the polished cf so much on mine. I thought about doing a light sanding so it would be like my buffed caly 3 but t so sure it would work like I imagine.
Definitely would like a new variation though
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

The Deacon wrote:I suppose you could do titanium handles with a steel liner lock like the original Lum Tanto or the titanium Lum Chinese folder.
There you go! Problem solved.
[Waffle]

arty

Post by arty »

I liked the CF Michael Walker enough to buy two. I might be interested in another in a different version of CF.
DeathBySnooSnoo

I know that it would probably be a little bit difficult to manage as the knife is so thin, but a MW with SB and wood scales would be very awesome. Maybe the wood could be done as semi inlay with a liner for support and bolster?
On the hunt for...