Show your mods!

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Thats VERY nice flex80
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

flex80 wrote:Stonewashed Balance...I think it came out ok, what do you all think?
I like the look of the handles, as I prefer satin to the shiny SS. But I've got to ask, did the tip break off the blade during the stonewashing? The first picture looks like it's missing a chunk.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
flex80

Post by flex80 »

jabba359 wrote:I like the look of the handles, as I prefer satin to the shiny SS. But I've got to ask, did the tip break off the blade during the stonewashing? The first picture looks like it's missing a chunk.

Thanks jabba359.

Crap, hoping no one would notice. Embarrassed to say but the tip came off with my first attempts of sharpening. Major newb mistake...oh well, gonna keep on practicing.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

flex80 wrote:Thanks jabba359.

Crap, hoping no one would notice. Embarrassed to say but the tip came off with my first attempts of sharpening. Major newb mistake...oh well, gonna keep on practicing.
I noticed that ;) . Its an easy fix atleast, just sand the spine at about 600-800 grit :)
RoBoTech

white D'fly and Delica

Post by RoBoTech »

I have been gathering the four mid line Spyderos for a project.
Have to have White FRN to do it.
It breaks my heart to dye these rare knives (getting rare, at least) but it was a project I have been planning for a while.
I managed to get NIB pristine Ladybug, Dragonfly, and a Delica in White. I am still after the Endura, and have one in mind, but the cost is pretty far out there. $100.00 +. But I need it so, maybe next week.
I received the D'Fly and Delica today, and just couldn't wait any longer as I wasn't sure if it would work. NOT entirely to my expectations, but not bad. I will wait for the other two to do the whole set.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

RoBoTech wrote:I have been gathering the four mid line Spyderos for a project.
Have to have White FRN to do it.
It breaks my heart to dye these rare knives (getting rare, at least) but it was a project I have been planning for a while.
I managed to get NIB pristine Ladybug, Dragonfly, and a Delica in White. I am still after the Endura, and have one in mind, but the cost is pretty far out there. $100.00 +. But I need it so, maybe next week.
I received the D'Fly and Delica today, and just couldn't wait any longer as I wasn't sure if it would work. NOT entirely to my expectations, but not bad. I will wait for the other two to do the whole set.

Those are SO cool! Nice work. :cool: Definately worth your efforts in aquiring them. Thanks for sharing. Can you do a Canadian flag? ;)

- best wishes, Jazz.
GoldenBacon

Post by GoldenBacon »

What blue tape, polishing compound, and a dremel can do. [ATTACH]18080[/ATTACH]
Attachments
100_2543.jpg
100_2543.jpg (98.91 KiB) Viewed 4241 times
100_2540.jpg
100_2540.jpg (96.54 KiB) Viewed 3004 times
IrishSpyder22

Post by IrishSpyder22 »

Flex I really like the stonewashed balance looks good!
35:spyder:
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

Jazz wrote:Those are SO cool! Nice work. :cool: Definately worth your efforts in aquiring them. Thanks for sharing. Can you do a Canadian flag? ;)

- best wishes, Jazz.
I am not sure. I have been working on a way to get designs with out using tape as most tape doesn't like the near boiling dye.
But, I have not done enough experimenting as it takes having G-10 material to practice on.
But I'll say this to get you started thinking. Magnetic tape material, exacto, stencil.

Post by 1623 »

Jazz wrote: Image

That's dead sexy Jazz, nicely done.
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

1623 wrote:That's dead sexy Jazz, nicely done.
I have to second that, nice work Jazz!!! Did you make a video showing the step by step :D
SAK

Post by SAK »

Jazz wrote:...
I wish I could take better pics - oh well. :o
Great mod, Jazz... but let's have a closer look on the beauty by DAYLIGHT.

Looks that good for me, that i ordered a UKPK-TI just 2 minutes ago :D
kind regards SAK

:spyder: EDC-Rotation:
Tenacious G10 - Sage 1 CF - Gayle Bradley CF - Bob Terzuola CF - UKPK CF - Caly 3 CF - Caly 3.5 G10 - Native 5 G10 - Dragonfly G10 - Delica 4 G10
:spyder: Dreamlist:
Chaparral CF - UKPK TI - Urban G10 - Delica 4 custom/wood
Donut

Post by Donut »

Jazz, you say you bent the clip, any chance we can get a picture of that?

Thanks.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

GoldenBacon wrote:What blue tape, polishing compound, and a dremel can do. [ATTACH]18080[/ATTACH]
Very cool - you're giving me ideas! What kind of tape did you use, and how did it stay on?

- best wishes, Jazz.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

As for my UKPK, thanks a lot for the kind words! All I used were coarse and fine diamond Dremel bits, 3 different sandpapers, and a bit of polishing. A lot easier than I expected, and I didn't know titanium polished up so nice.

The clip - I just took it off and slightly bent it so it was tighter and touching on both contact points, because only 1 side was. It still looks exactly the same.

The pics - Yes... daylight would be good, with clouds - I was in a hurry and haven't played with my camera's settings yet. :o :p

- best wishes, Jazz.
GoldenBacon

Post by GoldenBacon »

Jazz wrote:Very cool - you're giving me ideas! What kind of tape did you use, and how did it stay on?

- best wishes, Jazz.
Just regular painters tape!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

GoldenBacon wrote:Just regular painters tape!
I'm amazed it didn't get buffed off. I'd maybe like to do a design or something. Thanks for the reply, And welcome to the forum. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.
RoBoTech

Post by RoBoTech »

I just finished doing a light mod to my TI Military.
I removed the back spacer and added standoffs to open up the frame. I also replaced all the screws with larger TORX head. #6 to a #9.
Mounting the standoffs required some drilling to seat the shoulders, and I had to cut down the screws as they came 2x too long. 45 Minutes work and $4.50 for parts.
I will have to buy same size TORX in button head for the clip, but these will hold for a while.
I will take better pics if any one wants them. These are kitchen light pics at 6:00 PM.

Zencowboy

Post by Zencowboy »

Just read 34 pages and got some great ideas from you guys, thanks!
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Zencowboy wrote:Just read 34 pages and got some great ideas from you guys, thanks!
Just be sure to show or tell us what YOU do. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.