Christmas surprise presents anyone?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

SuzieQ wrote:Hope you all are having fun with your families and new gadgets under the Christmas tree :-)

I was pretty sure my husband wouldn't get me a Spyderco knife since he finds them not that attractive and he never quite knows which one I've already got ;-) But to my surprise he still got me a knife and a great new bag on top of that.

Here's my brand new Maxpedition Versipack Jumbo and a cool ESEE Izula. Still grinning from ear to ear and jumping around happily.

Any surprises under the try for you guys and gals?
Congrats SuzieQ! Nice pic! And this statemend makes me proud :D "he never quite knows which one I've already got"
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

No Spydies for me. I prefer buying my own anyway, and I did get some gift cards that will be turned into Spydies!

But I gave my father-in-law a stainless Dragonfly, and it was a big hit.
:bug-red-white
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I got a sweater :( , It's not a knife but my wife says I look sharp :rolleyes:

I got my son a Kiwi 3 and he was very excited and put it to use helping his younger brother open some of his boxes :D

We had three Spydercos going this last night and this morning. My wife and her Purple Delica 4 and me with my Manix 2 cutting wrapping paper last night. Then this morning opening packages...picture this Christmas card...Wife with Delica, Me with the Manix and my son with his new Kiwi :cool: .
It was awesome!

Merry Christmas

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Those are some cool gifts folks. Nice thread Q.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
computernut

Post by computernut »

My wife surprised me by buying a Maxpedition Falcon-II backpack then stuffing it full of goodies, some of which are:
- Spyderco Sage2
- Surefire G2Z Flashlight
I then got a present from my mother-in-law of a Sage3 so now I have the complete Sage series until the 4 comes out :D

I didn't buy her any knives but I did get her a 4Sevens Quark Turbo for walking the dog.
rg02

Post by rg02 »

I got sOme cash $ which I just used to buy a sharpmaker. Have some $ left over and might get a ffg delica :)
-Ryan

-Techno, cruwear Mule, Dragonfly 2 FRN, Assist, Endura FRN ATS-55 SE, Endura SS aus-6 PE, Persistence(Wife's)
-Wicked Edge
jhyde7585

Post by jhyde7585 »

got a sage 3, just used money from others to grab a sage 2
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

My lovely lady got me a titanium UKPK this christmas. My 'Oh noes it's going out of production' rant, must have steered her towards that model. Usually, she is also part of the 'never quite sure which one he already has' crowd. :D
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

$200 for a knife, I pick the 2nd hand PPT off an IRC friend who I also bought my Para m390 off. Leftover money is for some things I have to ship out overseas and for Express mail with the para and PPT :)
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

My girlfriend got me an Endura Emerson Wave so my Delica Wave would have a big brother. Plus, my folks got me an Assist which I've been wanting forever. A buddy of mine also surprised me with an awesome Spyderco banner.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I had two surprises under my try :) . One was a CRKT Ripple knife. My son't girlfriend got it for me and labled it as coming from my grandson and step-granddaughter. Two things surprised me. First, she got me a knife because I like knives. Second, she picked one I am very happy with. It's my first CRKT and first flipper opening knife both. I'm very happy with it and it already nicked me. :mad:

The second surprise was my wife told me to order something I've been wanting but haven't gotten yet. I'm sure she figured it would be knife related but also went along with my request to not buy anything knife or tool related for me because she doesn't know what I have or what I want. She knows nothing about tools and knives except when to tell me to use them to make or fix something. :D So, I ordered a Spyderco ultra-fine ceramic stone. I got the 2"x8" size. It might come today, but probably tomorrow or Wed. I'm not sure how the Christmas package shipping rush is going.

Congrats Suzie on your surprises.

Now that Christmas is past it's time to say "Happy New Year". So, Happy New Year!

Jack
buferoe

Post by buferoe »

Hi There,

My Lovely Wife gave me this year a beautiful Large Chinese Lum folder.
That was a big surprise for me, and I love it.
It sure is a big folder. ;)

kind regards,

Werner
The only good knive is my sharp Spyderco........
bammann45

Post by bammann45 »

My wife got methe des horn - its a beautiful little bauble.
G10KnifeNut

Post by G10KnifeNut »

Hey Suzie, was the esee razor sharp right out of the box?? :D My lovely girlfriend got me a PM2 which i knew i was getting and I absolutely LOVE this knife soo much. I'ts PERFECT in every way and im soo **** glad i pre-ordered the m390!!!! :D :D But i had NOOO idea she was getting me a sharpmaker!!! It was in a clothing box and i was like oh its jeans or something....wrong! I Smiled really big and got super excited because Christmas eve i was like **** i NEED a sharpmaker bad!! plus a nice strop :p because my m4 manix came dull??!! :( and now its even WORSE after about 15 cuts through paper :( It should not have came that dull! I've never seen a spyderco come duller than a cheap chinese knife :mad: But after i do some work, the m4 should be razor sharp after a few minutes :D Wish me luck guys!!! :p ;)
G10KnifeNut

Post by G10KnifeNut »

razorsharp wrote:$200 for a knife, I pick the 2nd hand PPT off an IRC friend who I also bought my Para m390 off. Leftover money is for some things I have to ship out overseas and for Express mail with the para and PPT :)
You have the Para m390??!! :eek: :eek: :D :D LUCKY!!! I'm anxiously waiting for the invoice!! :D