Do you guys also keep all your Spyderco boxes ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
MIL-DOT

Do you guys also keep all your Spyderco boxes ?

Post by MIL-DOT »

I have a favorite old uncle that used to get a lot of freindly grief for keeping original boxes to nearly all of his toys, but now we know that the original box can greatly increase the value of some older items ( G.I. Joes,etc.etc.).
Though that's unlikely to really come into play anytime soon with most of these particular toys, I've still been keeping all of my Spydie boxes.
Other than these, I've only kept the original boxes that a couple rifles have come in, since they'd be ideal if I had to ship them back because of a warranty issue.
But I'm not sure why I've kept these. I know they can be a small plus in case of a re-sale, but not really much of a value enhancer, I wouldn't think.
Anyway, I thought it a bit odd, yet I suspect I'm hardly alone, but I'm kinda curious ( and wasting time till the relates all show up. :D . )
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I do but i don't really care about value, i just use the boxes to store the knives in so they're not all thrown in a box or drawer or whatever. Mine are all users so collector value is wasted on me.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
yuldeli

Post by yuldeli »

Nope, I toss em all. All of my blades are users and the boxes would just take up space.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I keep all boxes.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Right now I keep them in the boxes, but I have too many boxes now, so they will go soon.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

I keep them all.
Paradiggum

Post by Paradiggum »

I didn't used to but I do now. Not really because of value but because I have more than one or two knives that I regularly carry and I use the boxes to store them. Like Evil D, I'd rather not have them just tossed in the safe or drawer.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I keep them all. Mainly just to keep track of the months/years the knives were made. Also, if I end up gifting one away it's nice to have a box to put it in.
RamDreamer

Post by RamDreamer »

Like a number of the folks that have commented above, I keep all of them as well. The more information about a given knife that I can get or retain, the better. I do have quite a few seconds which didn't come with the boxes though.
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

SQSAR wrote:I keep them all. Mainly just to keep track of the months/years the knives were made. Also, if I end up gifting one away it's nice to have a box to put it in.

Yes, I'd considered this benefit,as well, but for got to mention it.
Maybe I shoulda made this a poll, looks like nearly 90% for keeping them.
Native 5, FRN Native, Delica 4 FFG , Delica 4 CE, Ambitious, Stretch ,Manix 2, Sage1, DF2, PM2,UKPK, ......
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

As of a few years ago, yes, I keep the boxes.
I'll be running out of space soon, box-wise and knife-wise. :D
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

Yep, got all the boxes for every knife ever bought. All my knives are in the display cases so I don't have to dig through the boxes to get the one I need. The boxes are there because once in a while I can get really generous (after a few glasses of scotch) and can give one of them as a gift to close friends (not the EDC`s obviously), so the box is there for this purpose.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

I keep all of mine.
Slash

Post by Slash »

Keep $100+knife boxes only for storage.
dcmartin2001

Post by dcmartin2001 »

I trade and sell on different forums, so i make it a habit of keeping the boxes.
Random Chance

Post by Random Chance »

I keep all the boxes just in case I ever want to sell one (or give one away) - that way I have the original box and paperwork. Might not add to the value, but at least it will reassure the potential recipient that it is a genuine article. I do this for all my knives. My box collection actually takes up a lot more space than my knife collection!
oldmandon

Post by oldmandon »

All boxes kept. I store most of my knives in the Spyderco 33 slot nylon carry case. Two or three are always ready to travel in my pocket as the need dictates.
So many Spydies, so little time . . .
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I toss the ones often that "I'll NEVER sell". These are sold 50% of the time anyways it seems, lol.
Arillon

Post by Arillon »

Black side up means the box is occupied, red side up means the box is empty. :)
12/25/2010 - :spyder: Manix 2 Orange Sprint run.
1/31/2011 - :spyder: Endura 4 Blue.
3/26/2011 - :spyder: Military Black Blade Digi Camo.
7/13/2011 - :spyder: Paramilitary CTS-20cp Sprint run.
9/6/2011 - :spyder: USN Toxic Green Catcherman Sprint.
12/25/2011 - :spyder: Moonglow Manix.
1/5/2012 - :spyder: Navaja.
2/25/2012 - :spyder: M390 CF Military Sprint run.
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

I have saved my boxes but I find that all they are doing is taking up space in my apartment. Eventually I might reach a point where I will end up tossing them. Maybe tear off the bar / UPC code on the end & put in a 3-ring binder for informational purposes.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>