Para 2 XL?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
rororo64

Para 2 XL?

Post by rororo64 »

Hey Sal, is there any chance on making a Para 2 XL that is around the same size as the Military? I really like the compression lock and design of the Para 2, but I like the size of my Military even more.
KBR

Post by KBR »

If the Para 2 was any bigger, it would just be a Military with a Compression Lock.

IMO, this would not be a bad thing as I am very fond of the Comp Lock and the Millie. :D
"A man who is of sound mind is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key."--- Paul Valery

Survive, Adapt, and Overcome...
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

I'm aboard.

Perhaps with a thicker blade and thicker liners to adjust for heavier usage.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Joshua J.

Post by Joshua J. »

The Para-Military is a smaller version of the Military, so, the Military pretty much is the XL Para.

However, since the Military 2 is theoretically in the works, but no-one knows how much longer it will take to finish (probably years), it might not be a terrible idea to make the Para-Military its own product line so that we could have a larger knife in that pattern without causing confusion when the Military 2 comes out.
Even though there would be danger of cannibalizing your own products, I still kind of like the idea.

Better yet, make an XL Yojimbo. Large wharncliffe blades are hard to come by (and the Yo' 2 looks to be very popular).
(Also, make that a "M-4 XL Yojimbo".)
Cannot Die Happy Without The Maxamet Yojumbo
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

So basically a military with a lock change? I think design of the military would have to be significantly altered to incorporate a compression lock. Nonetheless, a larger PM2 would be sweet!
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

I think id prefer the next millie to have a stop lock, sounds interesting :) . And ive course, a more pronounced choil (though i havent held one), and 4 way clip. I am literally this ->| |<- far away from buying a millie
vito72

Post by vito72 »

I think your request its without sense, its like to say a delica with endura size, as razorsharp said next military will have a stop lock, something similar to comp lock.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I can understand asking for sprints but to ask for a new design that will overlap an existing design or a design that is in the works is a bit of a stretch. However, you can never tell what Sal might say.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:I can understand asking for sprints but to ask for a new design that will overlap an existing design or a design that is in the works is a bit of a stretch. However, you can never tell what Sal might say.
sal is known to be a jack in a box ;) . Surprise the heck out of you. :cool: . Dont see this happening though
G10KnifeNut

Post by G10KnifeNut »

i was thinking they would make everyones new favorite knife if they made a paramilitary 3 ! :D with blade length inbetween the para 2 and the military (PERFECT length) same design, same MAYBE different steel. and maybe the sage 1 and gayle bradley style carbon fiber scales<333 :spyder: :spyder: :D :D :D omg PLEASE Sal, make this knife!!! :) Anyone else like this idea??
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

G10KnifeNut wrote:i was thinking they would make everyones new favorite knife if they made a paramilitary 3 ! :D with blade length inbetween the para 2 and the military (PERFECT length)
The fact that 3.5" is a common legal limit makes that length a good fit for a very popular knife like the Para. I was glad to see the blade length increase to 3.5" but would not want to see it longer.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

As much as i like this idea, i think i'd rather see the Military 2 focused on more. The stop-lock has me really intrigued.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mostly Harmless

Post by Mostly Harmless »

XL Yojimbo +1
Donut

Post by Donut »

I'm waiting for the day that Sal comes into a thread and just says, "No." or "There is zero chance we will make that knife."

On that note, it sounds like an excellent idea.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Dr Heelhook

Post by Dr Heelhook »

Evil D wrote:As much as i like this idea, i think i'd rather see the Military 2 focused on more. The stop-lock has me really intrigued.
Yesss, I agree.
Just got: Green FFG Endura
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Evil D wrote:As much as i like this idea, i think i'd rather see the Military 2 focused on more. The stop-lock has me really intrigued.
Ditto, guys, ditto.