Discovery Day

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Bluntrauma

Discovery Day

Post by Bluntrauma »

Today I thought I would go through my knives and see just what I had. It's amazing how many knives you accumulate over the years. Today I discovered several things. My photography has not improved much over time. I have way too many knives and most importantly, I have a duplicate fetish. Anyone else look around and find that they have way too many of the same knife or just like a knife so much you buy everyone you can get your hands on. Any how, it's been awhile since I put up some pics so thought I would take shots of the whole fam damnly. :eek:

Sometimes you gotta kick at the darkness until it bleeds daylight.

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Next up...

AKA: Liveitloud on Blade Forums, USN, EDC, Benchmade forums and basically everywhere but here.
liveit_loud on Ebay.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

more...

liveit_loud on Ebay.
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

last batch...

liveit_loud on Ebay.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I need to show my wife this thread so she will finally believe that my addiction 'isn't that bad.' Thanks knife-bro!
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

That is a fantastic collection!
SQSAR wrote:I need to show my wife this thread so she will finally believe that my addiction 'isn't that bad.' Thanks knife-bro!
Too funny, My wife calls this site my "online therapy group" :rolleyes:
:spyder:
Dan
zunedog31

Post by zunedog31 »

That is an amazing collection of full flat ground blades. I hope to one day have a collection like this. Waiting on my very first Spyderco in the mail :)
yamamoto

Post by yamamoto »

Very nice collection, I respect enthusiastic people. Theo's wife must show! :)
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Great collection! And in response to your question below, my answer would be YES!!! My lil Temp and Original Manix hoarding was way way out of control.

"Anyone else look around and find that they have way too many of the same knife or just like a knife so much you buy everyone you can get your hands on."
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

SQSAR wrote:I need to show my wife this thread so she will finally believe that my addiction 'isn't that bad.' Thanks knife-bro!
I was standing next to my girlfriend one day while she was cataloging her shoes (she must own 60 pairs) in the closet. I told her that I just didn't get what the **** she thought she would be able to do with that many shoes. She looked at me and her eyebrow raised and all she said was Spyderco. I cleared my throat and left the area.

liveit_loud on Ebay.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

You've inspired me to inventory my own collection... albeit photographed somewhat less ably :p . This is it, minus a few stashed in the truck, the locker at work, or just around the house.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Wow Jordon nice collection there. Looks like yours get used a lot more than mine do. That's the problem with buying so many knives. There's not enough days to EDC them all hard. I actually EDC one of all my duplicates but they don't see much hard use. That's what I use the machete's, a few custom, fixed blades and the Beckers for. Is that an Emerson on the bottom to the right? Dang that's a big blade.

liveit_loud on Ebay.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thanks Bluntrauma, that relieves some of the intense envy I experienced looking at your pics. I figure, if I can't afford a pretty collection... I am gonna have one with a whole lot of personality. :D You think those are a bit worn looking... you should see my guns. Not only have some of those been with me for a few years (and subject to my performance over aesthetics perspective on maintenance), but some of them are older than I am :p . Only one of those knives has a few years on me (I'll let you guess which), can't imagine what the rest of em' will look like in a decade or two. They will be sharp and serviceable though :D .

That is indeed an Emerson. Ole' Ernie does build em' big :) . It's been a great knife. Since I got back from Iraq it has been semi-retired from pocket duty though... a bit bulky for civvies. If I absolutely had to choose one folding knife on a desert island though, good odds it would be that commander. You just can't break em'. Believe me, I've tried :p .
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

haarspalter

Post by haarspalter »

nice collections! I feel so little with just 7 knives!
DrChimRichalds

Post by DrChimRichalds »

Great collection. Drop me a line if you feel like getting rid of one of those Khukuri's.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Great collection you have there! Especially those white Dragonfly and Endura look nice.
Wishlist: Delica G10. Cricket SE/PE. Cat. Air
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

DrChimRichalds wrote:Great collection. Drop me a line if you feel like getting rid of one of those Khukuri's.
Exactly what I was thinking. :D
Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

Thanks guys but those Khukuri's are one of my favorites. It's ashame it didn't seel well enough to keep. You really can't appreciate them til you get them in your hand. I would run through broken glass if they ever came back with orange handles.

liveit_loud on Ebay.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Seems like the odd models are never really appreciated until they are gone... shame, really.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Bluntrauma

Post by Bluntrauma »

I have a soft spot for anything made by Ed Schempp. His knives are like artwork that cuts...well.

liveit_loud on Ebay.