Please Help....

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
starma

Please Help....

Post by starma »

Hello all,
I purchased my first Spyderco, a Caly 3.5, about 3 weeks ago. It’s absolutely the best knife I’ve ever owned, bar none. About two weeks ago I purchased a ZDP Delica, and then a week ago a Dragonfly, and today a Bug for my wife. Now I’m eyeing the ParaMilitary 2.
So…. I think I’m addicted and need help. Is there a Spyderholic’s Anonymous? :)
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

This is the wrong place for that kind of help.

But, we can help you pick out your next Spydie! :D
:bug-red-white
MIL-DOT

Post by MIL-DOT »

Yep,definately the wrong place for the kinda help YOU need !!! ;)
I also just got here,and in the last three weeks or so, I bought a Spyderco Ambitious. Then I bought a Spyderco Delica 4. Then I bought one from another U.S. manufacturer. Then I got the Sharpmaker. Then I bought a Spyderco Native 5. Then just yesterday I recieved another Delica 4, this one in black with combo-edge.
And THEN......last night,while hanging out and drinking with my brother,I was playing on his computer and asked what he thought of the lightweight Native. He said "get it", which is no surprise,as his life's philosophy is "if you want it, get it." While I waffled and made excuses, he said, " No,seriously, I didn't know what to get you for Christmas, and that's in the price range, so do it. Now", then he tossed me $50 cash.
Umm.....so I did. Prolly be here Tuesday :D .
r small

Post by r small »

Belly up to the bar and have a drink.
BladePlay

Post by BladePlay »

starma wrote:i think i’m addicted and need help. Is there a spyderholic’s anonymous? :)
no. :D

[align=]“There never was a good knife made of bad steel”[/align]
starma

Post by starma »

That ParaMilitary 2 sure does look shiny...
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

This is definitely the wrong place for the help you need. But we'll gladly help you pick your next knives, and we will certainly ask for pics of your new purchases! :D
eneyman

Post by eneyman »

welcome starma, para 2 sure is an amazing knife. I recommend you get a camo flavor :)

and after the para, pick yourself up a military :D
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

No, I'm afraid your condition is terminal. :)

We, will, however, help you along with your "addiction."

Welcome to the forum!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
starma

Post by starma »

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do have a question: Is there a Para 2 that comes with the blue scales found on the Sage 3? I love that color…
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Welcome Aboard! You're screwed. On a more positive note, I believe there is a blue Para2 sprint coming out.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

gbelleh wrote:This is the wrong place for that kind of help.
I think that he is in right place. We can understand him.
Do not worry, with time, after several years, your condition will get better. Even your wife will start to think that you are normal. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Sometimes you need to just say no, I don't say it enough and my credit card rats me out every time.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Welcome to the forum starma! Yes, this is the right place, as we can help you to feel like it is *normal* for people to own lots of Spydies! Just look at the collections other members like The Deacon have, makes my paltry collection of 70 or 80 Spydies seem small :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
dsmegst

Post by dsmegst »

I don't drink, I don't smoke, I collect Spydies. At least no one ever died from a Spydie overdose. You may feel like dying when you've missed that one grail sprint run, but there are always newer and cooler Spydies in the works.

Oh, and welcome to the club. :)
Dan (dsmegst)

:spyder:
Latest 10: Techno, Centofante Memory, Bradley Air, Tuff, M390 Blue Para 2 (2), Yojimbo 2, Des Horn, DiAlex Junior, Native 5, Chaparral
:spyder:
dbcad

Post by dbcad »

bh49 wrote:I think that he is in right place. We can understand him.
Do not worry, with time, after several years, your condition will get better. Even your wife will start to think that you are normal. :)
I can't agree more :D It only took my wife a year and a half but she's pretty quick :)

Welcome Starma, the addictive nature of these "sharp pointy things" is very well documented. You are in the right place :)
Charlie

" Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler."

[CENTER]"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"[/CENTER]
Niles

Post by Niles »

Welcome Starma! Check out the Bento Box Shop to find your blue Para2. It's a pre-order right now for an M390 sprint. So excited! I've got two on pre-order. One for carry, one for back-up.

Good hunting!
starma

Post by starma »

Niles wrote:Welcome Starma! Check out the Bento Box Shop to find your blue Para2. It's a pre-order right now for an M390 sprint. So excited! I've got two on pre-order. One for carry, one for back-up.

Good hunting!
Thanks for the info! I checked it out and it looks stunning. I'll have to do some research on M390 as I hadn't heard of it until today. I'm sure searching these forums will help a great deal.
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

Starma,
You're already in up to your eyeballs now.
Only 1 way to quit ...
Turn off your computer and NEVER power it up again!

But since we ALL know that won't be happening now ;) ... enjoy your new blades, sit back, read and enjoy the plethora of info found here.

*PS
Don't feel too awful bad about buying a few knives in a short time span.
I've purchased more than 30 Spydies so far this year.