What are your favorite online retailers?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Simple Jeep

What are your favorite online retailers?

Post by Simple Jeep »

So I have only used cutlery shoppe so far, what are your three favorite online retailers? Thanks guys
dalefuller

Post by dalefuller »

I've used quite a few with very good success, but my top three that I keep going back to (for Spydercos) would have to be New Graham, Knife Center, and Cutlery Shoppe. Others that have been very good to me are Grand Prairie, Knifeworks, Knives Ship Free, and Oso Grande Knives.
Regards,
Dale

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
~ Will Rogers, 1879-1935
Redeye

Post by Redeye »

Knifecenter
KnivesShipFree
Heinnie (UK)
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

First on my list is Howie's, which is so far the best I ever dealt with. The other two will be KC and CF.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Cutlery Shoppe
New Graham
Howe's Shop

(Bento Box and Not Just Knives are also great!)

P.S. I forgot about Poor_Fish. I have found some terrific deal by watching his auctions and bidding carefully, but his store has good pricing too.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jossta

Post by jossta »

Knifeworks is def my favorite, but Cutleryshoppe, New Graham and GPknives are up there too.

Howe's is also good and for Spydies, Spydercovt.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

There are lots of good ones, but recently I've mostly been buying from CS, and sometimes Howes.
:bug-red-white
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

New Graham Knives is my long time favorite, excellent selection, excellent service. Cutlery Shoppe can't be beat where price is concerned and offers decent service as well. AG Russell has some stuff nobody else has, service is great in that everything arrives safely and quickly, but communication leaves a lot to be desired.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Only one for me. It's KnifeCentre.
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Cutleryshoppe for me as Jeff is one of the few who ships to NYC.

Though I will say...Various BST's like Bladeforums, CPF, Knife-BST and etc are places I keep an eye out for a nice deal.
Come Join Us Click Here
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

You can't beat Jeff at Cutleryshoppe.com. Great prices and great service.

Knifeworks is also a great place to buy from. I've also had good service with Tom at Spydercovt.com but I have heard he has been hard to reach lately. I'm not sure what has happened.
-F1

Post by -F1 »

Am I the only YourCornerStore.com customer here? I've only ordered from there twice, to be honest, and the second order hasn't even reached me yet.

Amazon.com may not be the first source you think of for Spydercos, but every one I've gotten from them has been of very recent minting, if that's important to you. (Some of the knives I've gotten from other sellers have been a few years old; I'm not saying this always matters.) Amazon.com also has excellent shipping and return policies. I would also order from an Amazon.com Marketplace seller (as opposed to ordering from Amazon.com directly), but only if they had a good rep and have been around awhile.

So far, I'm not loyal to any particular vendor. I shop by price, which as I've seen can vary drastically (just ordered a Stretch from NewGraham.com for $64 which was going for $90 on the Amazon.com Marketplace.)

What I won't do is order from any place with a bad rep on ResellerRatings.com. Some of the places already mentioned in this thread don't fare well there. I am not saying that customer reviews are 100% accurate.
organ

Post by organ »

http://www.knifeworks.com/
http://www.knifecenter.com/
http://www.soonerstateknives.com/
and http://www.bladehq.com/ ... wish they still price matched, though.

Not a fan of YourCornerStore although, to be fair, I haven't done much business with them. IIRC they're slow to ship and never have much stock.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

New Graham knives
cutlery shoppe
knifeworks
GPK
KC
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
-F1

Post by -F1 »

organ wrote:Not a fan of YourCornerStore although, to be fair, I haven't done much business with them. IIRC they're slow to ship and never have much stock.
With both of my orders, they've shipped within one business day. Their stock does seem to be really low, however. Doesn't matter to me as long as they have what I want!
xavierdoc

Post by xavierdoc »

As an internationl customer, my "special requests" really test the customer service of US-based online companies.

I've had great service from Knifeworks and Cutleryshoppe have been helpful. Bento have always refused international shipping but I'm delighted they will ship the M390 para2 to the UK (and using an alternate carrier).

Howesknifeshop have been brilliant with helping get my order to me safely (yesterday for the latest.) I don't want to go into detail but Jim Howe really raised the bar on my latest order.
UKPK G10, UKPK Ti, Para 2CF&20CP, Stretch CF, Stretch CF conv, Manix2 M4,Endura Wave, Endura ZDP189, Pacific Salt, Captain, Gunting S30v, P'Kal, Gayle Bradley,Atlantic Salt, Spyderhawk, Crossbill, Wings slipit
Mules: CTSBD1, Super Blue, S90V, VG10, S35VN, Cos-3, M390 Fixed: Bushcraft, Warrior
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Knifecenter used to be my go to. They in MD so I got my stay crazy fast. But now they dont ship locking knives to NY. At least I still have knifeworks and knivesshipfree. Havent ordered from cutleryshoppe, but know they are good. Even Spyderco wont ship to NY :( ...which is unfortunate because I cant even take advantage of their leo/firefighter/ems discount. At least there are still others out there doing buisness with NY.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
organ

Post by organ »

-F1 wrote:With both of my orders, they've shipped within one business day. Their stock does seem to be really low, however. Doesn't matter to me as long as they have what I want!
I could be wrong about shipping but they never have what I want :mad:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Cutlery Shoppe
Spydercovt
Poor_Fish's ebay store for Buy It Now's occasionally at screamin prices.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

-F1 wrote:With both of my orders, they've shipped within one business day. Their stock does seem to be really low, however. Doesn't matter to me as long as they have what I want!
FWIW, they don't really "ship" anything because they don't actually stock anything. Everything they sell is drop shipped from their distributor, Moteng and anything that needs to be returned is returned to Moteng.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!