Discontinued list?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

If the Rock Lobster drops closer to $100 I'd def. pick it up!
1623 wrote:Right on bro' :cool:

As was said, the CF Balance is still available with many dealers. I'd guess that listing it as disco'd simply indicates that once that particular dealers stock is gone, that's it.

I was fairly certain that the Rock Lobster would be on the hit list as well. I recently ordered one from Jeff and the date code on the box was 2009; shows how light the sales are for that model as well. It truly seems to be a love it or hate it knife. Personally, I dig the **** out of it.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

It amazes me how the value goes up even on the Byrd series. I bought a few years back 5 Fire Byrd's (knive/lighter/bottle opener) for 60 bucks shipped and handed them to close friends as gifts and they loved them as have I :D . I looked online and seen 1 sell for 60 bucks the other day :cool: Still have it :cool:
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

bh49 wrote:I am really surprised that Bob Terzuola slipit is discontinued. Very nice knife. And IMHO the best looking slipit currently produced. May be I should grab one more ;)

With only 400 pieces run more than a year ago, dealers still have it :( . GPK has a nice price.
Me too, Roman. To date, it's the only SlipIt I'd even consider carrying.

As for the CF Balance, I strongly suspect there were more than 400 made.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!