9 billion dollars

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rosconey

9 billion dollars

Post by rosconey »

thats what would be added to the us economy if every american bought 1 usa made garment :eek: :eek:

ive done my part by getting my new jeans made in the usa and some new jackets also

jeans came to from "all american clothing " today-from first glance they are of spyderco quality-no skimping anyplace i can see-
they also have the gusset in the crotch :D

have a filson lined ranch jacket that is due wed-
and a canvas chore jacket and ultra artic winter coat too replace offshore charfarts i have now-
they gave up making anything in america so i gave up on them- :p

dont see any must have knives so why not
syphen

Post by syphen »

Maybe spyderco should release a line of jeans that are re-enforced in the usual spyderco wear areas of the pockets ! :)
Too many Spydies to list!
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

syphen wrote:Maybe spyderco should release a line of jeans that are re-enforced in the usual spyderco wear areas of the pockets ! :)
Yes indeed... I would buy some of those. Maybe have some stitching on the rear pockets in the shape of the Bug and the zippers and rivets would be made from S30V. :D
Ooooh! Or maybe they could do some sleep pants like the ones the girls wear that say "PINK" on the butt... but of course these would say "SPYDIE".. but then when some girls wear them they would probably read "SPIE" as the Y and the D would be up in the exit area... just sayin'! :p
Or have a big Bug logo on the butt... probably end up looking like just a bunch of legs though, LMAO!

I better stop before this gets out of hand... that's what my You Tube channel is for. ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CLICK HERE TO WATCH MY YOU TUBE VIDEOS
Life's short, stay sharp.

A blade's not whole with no hole in the blade.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

im being serious-
it starts a little at a time-
unless we start this nation will continue to crumble-

just buy some made in the usa garments or shoes or hats or gloves
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Hey, i bought an American made knife, it cost way more than a pair of jeans. I did the part of 2 people.

If that's not enough, i'm also destroying the pockets in my jeans WITH that knife, so i'll eventually be buying the jeans too :D
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

Same here... I bought several Smallflies... another one on pre-order and I own about 6 Millies and many other Golden made blades. I bought my wife in America too.

*EDIT*
I bought a house that was made here in America too.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mr.Porter

Post by Mr.Porter »

rosconey wrote:im being serious-
it starts a little at a time-
unless we start this nation will continue to crumble-

just buy some made in the usa garments or shoes or hats or gloves
By the way my friend, I wasn't attempting to disregard or poke fun at your thread here... I am 100% in agreement with you. I do my part I would say and I always encourage others to do so when applicable.

Just wanted to say that.
Sometimes I get accused of not taking things seriously... that's just my playful attitude... I meant no disrespect.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2cha

Post by 2cha »

rosconey wrote:thats what would be added to the us economy if every american bought 1 usa made garment :eek: :eek:

ive done my part by getting my new jeans made in the usa and some new jackets also
Right on!!
mark greenman

Post by mark greenman »

Just bought a Hickey Freeman suit because it was made in the USA.

Recently purchased a pair of Earnest Sewn jeans for the same reason.

Now all I need is the Yo2 and the recession will be over ;)
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

I try to buy U.S. made goods whenever possible. One problem is finding things that are still made here. I'll pay the extra few dollars gladly as long as the quality is there.

This past summer I bought a window fan and was shocked to see that it was actually made in the U.S.A. It was probably one of the few items in the store that wasn't made in China.

That said, our own local, state and federal governments need to intercede on behalf of U.S. businesses. For example, take a walk around New York City and you'll see bootleg copies of DVD's, openly being sold. When I say "openly" I mean that these are spread out on the sidewalk for everyone to see. $5 each or 3 for $10. No way that a studio can manufacture and sell DVD's at those prices and the vendors do a brisk business. They pay no income tax and collect no sales tax.

Many of these movies haven't even been released on DVD by the studios yet. Every once in a while there's a token "raid" by the NYPD or Feds, but my guess is that they seize less than 1% of what is being offered for sale. I have yet to hear of any of these vendors doing jail time and I'd bet a year's pay that many of them are in this country illegally.

As much as I blame the sellers, I blame the buyers even more. They piss and moan about jobs going overseas and then try to save a few bucks by buying this stuff.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

NYRich wrote: As much as I blame the sellers, I blame the buyers even more. They piss and moan about jobs going overseas and then try to save a few bucks by buying this stuff.
Yep. We all want the economy to improve, but we all flock to Walmart for the cheapest deals we can find. If there was a store called MADE IN THE USA but it was all 5% more expensive, nobody would shop there. It's a sad thing really and i can't honestly say i'm not part of the downward spiral...i love my Levis but they're made in i think Cambodia these days.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

Evil D wrote:Yep. We all want the economy to improve, but we all flock to Walmart for the cheapest deals we can find. If there was a store called MADE IN THE USA but it was all 5% more expensive, nobody would shop there. It's a sad thing really and i can't honestly say i'm not part of the downward spiral...i love my Levis but they're made in i think Cambodia these days.
I think that you're right about the Levi's. I'm at work so can't check the label on mine, but I'm sure that they aren't made in the USA. Damned things are still the most comfortable jeans I've ever worn and the quality is still good.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Will seriously consider buying from All American Clothing next time I need jeans.
Evil D wrote:i love my Levis but they're made in i think Cambodia these days.
Mexico, at least my two pair. But that's really irrelevant. Truth is, there are only two options here, MADE IN USA or MADE SOMEWHERE ELSE.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

these jeans i just got cost 48$ a pair-
no tax or shipping-

local for the good levis are over 40 plus tax
NYRich

Post by NYRich »

rosconey wrote:these jeans i just got cost 48$ a pair-
no tax or shipping-

local for the good levis are over 40 plus tax
$40 is about what I pay for my usual Levi's via Amazon, no tax or shipping. Usually somewhat more than that in the NYC stores which I rarely patronize anyway.

I had never even heard of American Clothing but I've taken a look at the website and liked what I read there. Their jeans cost about 20% more than my imported Levi's, but it's really only an $8 difference when you put it into perspective. What the ****, I'm going to order a couple pair and see how I like them.

You gettin' a commission? :D
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

i bought the carpenter ones-the watch pocket is enormous :)

also noticed they have the full 7 belt loops-
2cha

Post by 2cha »

Other US items I've picked up in the last month or so:

Galco holster-purse for my recently widowed aunt. Her sons are buying her a pistol to go with it.
Galco belt and rifle sling for me.
4 Seahorse cases to put together first aid kits as holiday gifts. (Pelican products also made here)
5 Galco pocket magnifying glasses as small holiday gifts (and one for me 'cause I'm not seeing as well as I used to).
1 Alessi holster (which will show up some day).
1 Kahr PM9.
4 leatherman micros (assembled in US of US and foreign components) for the first aid kits.
4 tektite splash-lights for the kits.
Crane stationary for each of my sons.
Tuffwriter pen.
Tom Bihn Aeronaut carry-on bag.
Other US made high-quality, highly recommended products purchased recently:
Thorogood 6 in boots
Lie-Nielsen adjustable mouth block plane
Noodler's fountain pen ink
UCO candle lanterns
Filson vest
Lucky brand jeans
A handful of beautiful turned brass flashlights by Peak.
rosconey

Post by rosconey »

today the canvas chore jacket and ultra artic winter coat (unionlabel.com) arrived-

the chore jacket will no doubt be my favorite one-man this is slick for 70bucks-fits like it was custom made for me- :)

the artic winter coat is on par with offshore charfarts minus the pleated back and elbows-but its longer and has small arm pockets-looks very well made-

the filson arrived yesterday-its being returned-fit was too tight and uncomfortable-not sure it was worth the $ either-now that i have the chore jacket to compare it too its a no brainer-i wish the chore coat had a wool lining-

well i called union label about some kamik winter boots and found out they have a blanket chore coat :) so i bought one and some american made kamiks