Just bought a Smith and Wesson Tactical Pen

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Azwaiian

Just bought a Smith and Wesson Tactical Pen

Post by Azwaiian »

I've been wanting to purchase a tactical pen for some time, so today I did! I purchased a S&W Military and Police Tactical Pen, in black. The reason why I did not buy one sooner is because I always have at least two knives on me. Oh, I also have a BOOM stick on me too, along with an illuminating device with mega lumen output.

The reason why I finally bought it is because I'll be flying next week. I really did not dig the thought of flying with only a mini maglite on my person. So, I ordered the pen and two Cold Steel Sharkies, one black and the other white. I'll only bring one Sharkie with me, but I bought two because they were different colors. :D

So, I figure three kubaton like weapons should do me fine. If not, then next time I'll bring four kubaton like weapons! :rolleyes:
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I bet when Doc flies the airport magnetometers go off as soon as he pulls into the parking lot.

Seriously though, I have an Smith & Wesson 'tactical' pen, and I must say I like it a lot.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Dr.Snubnose gifted me a blue one a few days ago, he insisted I hve one. really do like it. Im going to buy it a parker refill :D . great guy :)
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

spyderkoholic wrote: Oh, I also have a BOOM stick on me too, along with an illuminating device with mega lumen output.
You carry a shotgun? :confused:
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

TSA will not you let on the plane with a Tactical Pen...Don't try to take it on the plane it will be taken from you.... Get a good steel body pen that does not look tactical. The S&W Tactical Pen is on their list of no no's. Take the Mini-Mag-lite, Take a pair of Scissors (no more than 4" blade length), Take a pair of knitting needles and some yarn...wear a pair of heavy boots, put your belt with the biggest pointed sharpest edged belt buckle you have on , Take a roll of quarters with you so you can make a make shift sap from the flight magazine in the seat pocket in front of you on the plane but leave the S&W Tactical Pen and Sharkie at home.... Doc :)
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

AAAGGGHHHHH!! I should've known better then to think I could've brought those items on the plane with me. Thanks Doc for the heads up. I do have a steel body pen that I've had for about 14 years now. I guess that is one of the items I'll have with me.

It's funny too because I do have a pair of steel toe boots that I was planning on wearing. I will also take a trip to my local clothing store to purchase a belt with a nice buckle on it. Oh well, at least I have new EDC items to play with at another date.

Thanks again Doc.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

DCDesigns wrote:You carry a shotgun? :confused:
Evil Dead fan, oh yeah! Nah it's not a shotgun, it's whatever handgun I have on me, which is normally my G22. I just love calling my handgun BOOM Sticks! Only an Evil Dead will know what I'm talking about. :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

I have a 45-70 crack barrel that I call my boom stick. Still working on a sawed off 12ga. I thought about pistol gripping the 45-70 just didn't get around to doing it yet.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

I own a S&W pen that I keep in my bag. I like it, does not get used much but it is nice.

Just bought myself a Hinderer Investigator Pen today at the NYCKS!
Come Join Us Click Here
Zenith

Post by Zenith »

I went ahead and ordered one of these.

I like the idea of a screw on cap and it will be great for field work in that regard. Also will keep dirt out and I can put a Parker refill in that I will prefer. Dont really care for the "tactical" aspect and will probably remove the S&W logo.
"If you wish to live and thrive, let the spider run alive"
"the perfect knife is the one in your hand, you should just learn how to use it."
If you don't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all

My Youtube knife use videos and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/mwvanwyk/videos
Knife makers directory: http://www.knifemakersdirectory.com/
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

VashHash wrote:I have a 45-70 crack barrel that I call my boom stick. Still working on a sawed off 12ga. I thought about pistol gripping the 45-70 just didn't get around to doing it yet.
LOL....I don't call it my boom stick....I call it my "Walnut Howitzer" I have a derringer made by American Derringer corp. in 45-70....Talk about recoil lol...The top barrel is plugged with steel to keep the recoil down...haha...so there really is only one shot...the 45-70 rounds goes the entire length of the barrel and almost looks likes it's sticking out...Walnut is to describe what it feels like you are holding in your hand for a grip.....LOL...If it hits its target...well that target is destroyed, so you don't need more that one round anyway...if you miss and you are at contact range...the muzzle blast and flash will knock out your opponent unconscious on the spot.....LOL.....either way it's a good thing......Doc :)
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 45-70G.jpg[/img][/IMG]
I figured as long as your looking here's my ADC .45ACP
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... ages-4.jpg[/img][/IMG]
and my ADC Double Action .357 Magnum
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 50x110.jpg[/img][/IMG]
and my hand after a day at the range
[img][IMG]http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af33 ... 748e52.jpg[/img][/IMG]
LOL..I am a glutton for punishment...and I always thought recoil was a a very subjective kinda thing......Doc :p :eek: :cool: :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

Half Sack
Location: Alberta, undisclosed location of the Weapon Plus Program

Post by Half Sack »

Will they let you on with metal pens? I've got one with a level built in, twist style pen. I'd like to take it but I don't know if they'll take it off me.

Doc love that Derringer!
Welcome to our newest member, Half Sack
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
No one likes the dark - Robin Sherbatsky
*Signature not updated, purchases missing...*
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Half Sack wrote:Will they let you on with metal pens? I've got one with a level built in, twist style pen. I'd like to take it but I don't know if they'll take it off me.

Doc love that Derringer!
Probably not a problem.....Doc :)

Half Sack

Post by Half Sack »

Nyce! Watch out tsa.
:spyder: Endura4 wave, Ladybug Hawkbill H1, Byrd Hawkbill, PM2 digi camo, Sharpmaker *Sprints: Dodo Orange, MeerKat Burgundy, "R" Nishijin *Discontinued: Caspian H1 :spyder: #ByrdWeek Winner :cool:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Yea I would check it. People have caught MAJOR heat (and fines) for those. Funny because a 20 cent Bic will go right in someone too. :confused:
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

Doc I do not think I will ever shoot a 45-70 Derringer, your hand looks like it was dipped in acid! :o

Hope you've healed nicely since then.
Half Sack

Post by Half Sack »

Blerv if I need to check it I'll just leave it and bring other pens its not an essential item like my knives, just curious as to what others thought. I assume they'd take it though since its all metal.
Doc OMG! I hope this is one those, "yeah but you should see the other guy" deals, looks like you feel off a bike or something.
Dadorg

Post by Dadorg »

I have traveled on planes with metal pens in my briefcase. No one looked twice. I would advise against the CS Sharkie as well. It is advertised as a weapon so TSA can confiscate it. Sharpie makes a large size (5.5" long 0.75 wide) marker that will fill your hand and work as a make shift kubaton. It's manufactured and sold as a marker so you shouldn't have any problems. Besides, if they take it at the airport, find a Staples or Office Depot and buy another for about $2.
A civilization is built on what is required of men, not on that which is provided for them. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Doc, that CAN'T be your hand! Holy smokes!

By the way, new camera? Looks good Doc!

As for the pen, I own a S&W pen myself! It most certainly makes a good conversation starter at my store and it really does sell itself. People sign their receipts with it and naturally ask where they can buy the same exact pen. For $20 you can't go wrong. You can find tactical fountain pens now :D Gotta get one soon.
19cohiba75

Post by 19cohiba75 »

Will they (TSA) confiscate a Spyderco Bali-Yo :confused: