Another fake poliwog

A place to list and reference all Spyderco counterfeits, clones, and replicas that are found. Anything that isn't a legitimate Spyderco fits in this area.
Onionman

Another fake poliwog

Post by Onionman »

Up on ebay now are three fake poliwogs from the same seller. A link to the first one up for sale is below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Foldin ... 3cbd58a16c

The seller is wxjgxp520927 from, you guessed it, China!
The important thing was that I had an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time. You couldn't get white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
seanv

Post by seanv »

Wow, not a bad fake; certainly not the worst I've seen.
My Spydercos:
Black Pacific Salt w/ Black PE
Yellow Ladybug Salt Hawkbill SE
Black Tasman Salt SE
Black Aqua Salt PE
Foliage Green Delica 4 SE
Black Delica 4 SE
Black Native 4 w/ Black PE S30V
Black Ladybug SE
Stainless Dragonfly SE
Tenacious SE
Persistence PE
iwolf81

Post by iwolf81 »

I reported this one via eBay's security center:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spyderco-Foldin ... 0879311255

Regards,
Ira
D3 CE, FG D4 CE Krein'd, Blue D4 FFG, Pink D4, Caly3 SE, USN E4 CE, Pink E4 CE, E4 ZDP-189 SE, FG E4 CE, E4 G10 FFG, Tenacious SE, Para SE, Para D2, Millie D2, ATR SE, Orange Assist I, Blue Rescue 93, Khukuri, Barong, Meerkat, Ladybug H1 SE, Manix 2 XHP, Rock Salt, S90V Mule Krein'd, JD Smith Sprint, Brown Matriarch SE, Poliwog, Stretch CE, Millie M4/Ti, Rock Lobster, Zulu, Rescue 79, D'Allara Rescue, LadyHawk SE, Lum Tanto Sprint, Dragonfly G10, Chaparral, Sage I, Caspian, Gayle Bradley
DCDesigns

Post by DCDesigns »

That same seller is constantly putting out fakes, has been for months. Id think spyderco would want to go after that guy...
JCP1969

Post by JCP1969 »

I'm sure if the guy lived someplace where they could do something about it they would. if the guy were to get booted from ebay I am sure he would just open a new account in another well thought out and easy to remember sellers ID
I believe in safe queens , they do exist!
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]