Just Talking

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Wolverine666

Just Talking

Post by Wolverine666 »

I just felt like talking knives to people who understand and can relate to what I'm talking about. My gf just rolls her eyes and leaves the room (which actually makes me happy).

Anyway , so I have been growing more and more fond of my Para Military 2. I have not had it for very long and just started carrying it regularly. I bought it brand new from a reputable knife site and i love it. This knife is one of the sharpest knives I have ever owned. It's a good size knife with good size blade without a lot of excess weight in my pocket. The blade is pretty thick (.141") and S30V is my fave too. I have the digital camo G10 and I love it with the satin finish blade. Awesome combo. The Compression Lock is one of my favorite locks of all time. The knife opens silky smooth with super solid lock up. At first I found it to be a little big for EDC compared to my Native5 and Sage 3 but after a day of carrying and handling the knife it has become second nature to have it on me. Almost like an extension of myself. Bottom line : I love my Para Military 2.

Also , I really love my Native5. This knife has really impressed me especially after my initial reaction was "it's just alright". Oh how my opinion has changed dramatically. the Native5 opens equally as smooth as my Para Military 2 with equally super solid lock up. I'm hoping that Spyderco comes out with sprint runs of the Native5 (and of the Para Military 2 ) soon.

And I think I want a Yojimbo 2. Yes , I definitely do. It looks extreme and all business. I like that. I also will be buying another Manix 2 since it is an unbeatable bargain and a fantastic knife.

That is all from me for now. Feels good to blab about my Spyderco obsession to other Spyderco junkies. :spyder: :spyder:
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Yea the Yojimbo 2 to me seems like the Manix 2's mean cousin...I'm all over it!
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

wsdavies wrote:Yea the Yojimbo 2 to me seems like the Manix 2's mean cousin...I'm all over it!
"Mean Cousin". Hahaha. I think you and I are cut from the same cloth. Do you know when the Yojimbo 2 is available ? I want it to be a Christmas gift to myself. Wrapped in all black wrapping paper with tiny skulls. A sinister gift for a sinister guy.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

We're here for you, bro. You know, I don't know anyone who likes knives, so this forum is great - really. It lets me know I'm not a "sicko" and that there're a lot of normal people like me out there. My wife's pretty cool about knives finally. I have her equipped with a Caspian on her PFD for kayaking, she has my (her) Rescue 79mm, and a cool mini SA with a USB deal on it. She even pretends to be interested if I blab about knives.

Enjoy your knives. For some odd reason, the black UKPK is my current favourite. I like locks, so go figure. Thinking of the titanium one... hmmm. :rolleyes: Good thread, Wolverine.

- best wishes, Jazz.
Azwaiian

Post by Azwaiian »

I'm glad that this site exists so that this type of discussion can be held. If it were not for the Forum and what few knife loving friends I have, I think I would end up having conversations with my spydies.

I really don't have a spydie that I regret buying, can't really say that about other knives I own. Infact, my only regret is that I can't buy more spydies and have one big happy Spyderco family of kick a$$ knives.

Loooove my spydies! Rock on.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Wolverine666 wrote:I just felt like talking knives to people who understand and can relate to what I'm talking about. My gf just rolls her eyes and leaves the room (which actually makes me happy). :spyder: :spyder:
I love my Spydercos, but happier with your knife collection than your GF? :eek:

Now is she was dis'ing your Spydercos never mind. ;)
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

I completely agree about the Para 2. It's my all time favorite EDC. I have an S90V Para 2 in my pocket as I type this. I'm also liking the Native 5 too. I don't really know anyone who likes knives (my wife tolerates my hobbies, but has zero interest). So I really appreciate everyone here too! There's something special and intangible about Spydercos that make them more than the sum of their parts.
:bug-red-white
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

You are talking about some great knives man. Para, IS, one of the best knives. I have two of them and I love them. As far as there is no one to talk about knives with, I feel you. Today, a couple of my friends came over, and I showed them my collection. I was all over my knives and all I got back is: yeah, ok, it's nice, why is there a hole in the blade. LOL. So, this forum is the place to express yourself. :spyder:
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

Pinetreebbs wrote:I love my Spydercos, but happier with your knife collection than your GF? :eek:

Now is she was dis'ing your Spydercos never mind. ;)
I wouldn't say that my I'm happier with my Spydercos than with my gf all the time. Just most of the time :)

My Para Military 2 doesn't complain that I don't take it on a "real" date. Or get upset if I wanna play online video games at night instead of going to bed EXACTLY when she does. Or buys 10,000 pairs of shoes and only wears 3 pairs. Or hogs the entire closet. Or asks me " Is she prettier than me" when a hot chic is on TV.

See what I'm getting at ?
wsdavies

Post by wsdavies »

Thinking about it more...It's like the Para 2, Manix2 and the devil had an evil love baby...Sweet knife...gotta love the Manix like ergo's and blade heft and the Para like lock and blade steel...all with the B.A. Wharnie blade...I think this knife is gonna be a huge hit and will stay in Spyderco's lineup...maybe even get some sprint runs outta the model...
Wolverine666 wrote:"Mean Cousin". Hahaha. I think you and I are cut from the same cloth. Do you know when the Yojimbo 2 is available ? I want it to be a Christmas gift to myself. Wrapped in all black wrapping paper with tiny skulls. A sinister gift for a sinister guy.
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I love my Para 2's as well. The grey scales with 20-CP is too fine (had to get 2 of these) Can't wait for the blue M390 and green CTS-204P. Hope Sal and crew will consider compression locks on other models. IMO for many reasons it really is the best lock out there. Really looking forward to the Yojimbo as it also has the compression lock.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

wsdavies wrote:Thinking about it more...It's like the Para 2, Manix2 and the devil had an evil love baby...Sweet knife...gotta love the Manix like ergo's and blade heft and the Para like lock and blade steel...all with the B.A. Wharnie blade...I think this knife is gonna be a huge hit and will stay in Spyderco's lineup...maybe even get some sprint runs outta the model...
Evil love babies are the best. Especially when there are 3 parents. Demonic knives always attract me.
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Yep, hopefully the blue and green paras will be joining these.

Mojo51

Post by Mojo51 »

[quote="Wolverine666"]

And I think I want a Yojimbo 2. Yes , I definitely do. It looks extreme and all business. I like that. I also will be buying another Manix 2 since it is an unbeatable bargain and a fantastic knife.

I just saw the Yojimbo 2. I gotta have it. Anybody have these in stock and price range?
Tea Party Patriot and 3% Oath Keeper
Zerimas

Post by Zerimas »

Jazz wrote:We're here for you, bro. You know, I don't know anyone who likes knives, so this forum is great - really. It lets me know I'm not a "sicko" and that there're a lot of normal people like me out there. My wife's pretty cool about knives finally. I have her equipped with a Caspian on her PFD for kayaking, she has my (her) Rescue 79mm, and a cool mini SA with a USB deal on it. She even pretends to be interested if I blab about knives.

Enjoy your knives. For some odd reason, the black UKPK is my current favourite. I like locks, so go figure. Thinking of the titanium one... hmmm. :rolleyes: Good thread, Wolverine.

- best wishes, Jazz.
I don't know anyone who likes knives either (apart from my sister and my father, but they're not as geeky as I am about it). :( I am a university student, so I therefore have lots of female friends (my faculty is 7:3 girls to guys), and they all think I am crazy for carrying a knife. They think my Caly3.5 is terrifying and imposing. Perhaps I should get a millie or a police and show them what an actual large folder is? :D
Minibear453

Post by Minibear453 »

About Para2... is it just me, or is the handle too.. blocky or thick to be comfortable? I don't know, but I don't like it that much. And I can't sharpen S30V. :(
Carry a sharp knife, and life will never be dull
Perry

Post by Perry »

I really like both the Para-2 and Native-5 as well. For my needs, two of the best knives in Spyderco's current production. Both really different from one another. Both crazy beautiful in their form and function. -P
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

Minibear453 wrote:About Para2... is it just me, or is the handle too.. blocky or thick to be comfortable? I don't know, but I don't like it that much. And I can't sharpen S30V. :(
I find the Para Military 2 to be extremely comfortable to handle. The ergos are near perfect IMO. And S30V is my favorite steel to date. It does take a bit of getting used to as far as sharpening but once you get the feel for it then you are golden. But everyone is different.