My first spyderco. Paramilitary 2

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Norman

My first spyderco. Paramilitary 2

Post by Norman »

I just received my first spyderco brand knife. The paramilitary 2. All I can say is wow. It's a handy little knife. Snaps open fast and in position for cutting. Best feel for a folder I've seen. I carry it in addition to my sheath knife.

The most useful feature is that little clip. **** I love that clip.

The USA is still making quality stuff.
angusW

Post by angusW »

Welcome to the forum Norman and a fine choice for your first Spyderco. The Para 2 is and excellent knife. Have three myself and another on order.

So what do you have in mind for your second Spyderco and third and fourth... :D
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, that's an awesome first Spyderco!
I carry one every day.
:bug-red-white
Frapiscide

Post by Frapiscide »

Good choice for a first Spyderco. It's like a gateway drug, once you start, you just can't stop.
dalstott wrote:When people have no ideas they invent words.

If you can not stun them with brilliance , then
baffle them with BS
Donut

Post by Donut »

May I ask what your sheath knife is?

Welcome to the world of Spyderco. :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
BAL

Post by BAL »

Welcome Norman, I have a Para 2 in my pocket now. You might think about duct taping your billfold \ credit card to a table so you can't get to it though. These Spyderco knives have a power that no one has yet been able to escape. Oh, as first you think that you can resist getting another one, and you can say it over and over that you won't get another one, but everyone reading this now knows that you will. ;) I know, because it started that way for me. Welcome and happy shopping. :)
crankitup

Post by crankitup »

Great choice for a first Spyderco! the Para 2 is my favorite so far, out of 25+. I started with an Endura...then the addiction kicked in! Enjoy, and keep it sharp! :)
racer88

Post by racer88 »

Excellent choice. I'm carrying a Para 2 right now (Digicam / DLC). It's been in my pocket longer than any other (out of about 50). Hard to beat it.
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Great choice, I'm trying not to buy a second para2 right now.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

BAL wrote:Welcome Norman, I have a Para 2 in my pocket now. You might think about duct taping your billfold \ credit card to a table so you can't get to it though. These Spyderco knives have a power that no one has yet been able to escape. Oh, as first you think that you can resist getting another one, and you can say it over and over that you won't get another one, but everyone reading this now knows that you will. ;) I know, because it started that way for me. Welcome and happy shopping. :)
Norman, welcome to Spyderco ownership. Great knife to start with. Bal's advice though well meant won't work. Sorry Bal. :( The duct tape was a good idea until he got the Para 2. Duct tape is tough but won't hold up to his Para2. :) He'll need something made of kevlar. :D

What are your plans now Norman? More knives? No more? Which one next?

Jack

Post by 1623 »

Strap yourself in for one **** of a ride Norman :D

The Para 2 was my first Spyderco as well, and I tell you with certainty that you'll have multiple Spydies before you know it.

Enjoy!
-Jodi

It's not just in my head, it's in my heart.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Welcome Norman. For your first Spyderco you sure picked a good one!

As many have noted I suggest getting your credit card, locking it in a box, and throwing the key in the ocean. I can almost guarantee that in the month of October, you will have another Spyderco in your collection.
Come Join Us Click Here
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Good for you, most don't buy the top of the line on the first one.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Congrats on an awesome knife. You've set the bar high for all knives that come after that one.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

Welcome Norman, and congrats on an excellent first Spyderco.
Watch your wallet :rolleyes:
BAL

Post by BAL »

jackknifeh wrote:Norman, welcome to Spyderco ownership. Great knife to start with. Bal's advice though well meant won't work. Sorry Bal. :( The duct tape was a good idea until he got the Para 2. Duct tape is tough but won't hold up to his Para2. :) He'll need something made of kevlar. :D

What are your plans now Norman? More knives? No more? Which one next?

Jack
Point well taken Jack, As much as I love my duct tape, I think it's 40-Love Para 2.
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

Im going to go against the pack here and say that the para 2 is not a good first spyderco. Why, because you just bought one of the best and have spoiled yourself. There are so many great blades under it, such as the endura, delica, dragon fly etc that you may feel are terrible lol. Youll end up getting only para 2 and above knives now. Congrats on the new knife! And yea, once you start you wont be able to stop. Im fighting the urge to get another spyderco. I just got one last week and I still want a para 2, the native 5 just came out, an orange delica, I still want a dragonfly, the list goes on. And thats just spyderco knives....
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Great choice for first Spyderco. One of my all time favorites. Be careful, the Spyder bite can lead to a long term affliction. The cure can be very costly :spyder: .
Norman

Post by Norman »

Donut wrote:May I ask what your sheath knife is?
A ****'s belle.
ranger51

Post by ranger51 »

congratts on your knife.