Hey Sal

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jet B

Hey Sal

Post by Jet B »

Hey Sal, what are the chances of seeing a Paramilitary 2 sprint soon with carbon fiber and something like CTS-204P, 20CP, or M390?

Just curious, thanks.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I would guess that since there are already sprints, here or coming, in all those steels that we probably won't see them in CF.

I do like CF a lot...think that the best you can get is the millie sprint that is coming from Knife Works.
On the hunt for...
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I would guess that since there are already sprints, here or coming, in all those steels that we probably won't see them in CF.

I do like CF a lot...think that the best you can get is the millie sprint that is coming from Knife Works.
+1 i dont see a re-release of the same steel in a sprint just to change the handle material.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Agent_Ohm

Post by Agent_Ohm »

jwrickma24 wrote:+1 i dont see a re-release of the same steel in a sprint just to change the handle material.
ditto, especially since CF was used on the S90V para
In omnia paratus
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I'd think the opposite, especially where sponsored runs are concerned. If a run of knives with "steel X" and G-10 sells well and quickly, and the steel gets rave reviews, another sponsor might very well decide that a run of the same model in that steel with CF scales would be a good investment.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
sal

Post by sal »

Hi Jet,

As Paul said, nothing is impossible, but we have no plans at this time.

sal
BAL

Post by BAL »

sal wrote:Hi Jet,

sal
Spyderco, making the impossible possible.
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

sal wrote:Hi Jet,

sal
Hey Sal,

Thanks for the reply. I will just keep my eyes open and hope for something down the road.

I would be picking up some of these dealer exclusive sprints, but I'm up in Canada and really don't want to try importing something this important to me across the border.

I missed the last normal sprint in Gray/20CP which was for sale from my Canadian dealer here. I'm not so much a collector as a person who likes to use a great knife. My Para 2 is my constant companion and I would love to grab one in a really cool steel like 204CP or 20CP etc.

Sincerely,
Mike
ranger51

Post by ranger51 »

I bet it will happen.
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

I sincerely hope so.

Honestly, I would grab almost any Para 2 or Military sprint in one of those super steels if I see it for sale at my Canadian dealer of choice. (W&W).

Carbon Fiber is just my favorite handle material is all. That M390 Milly at Knifeworks with Carbon Fiber would be super sweet. I'm just chicken to order across the border and risk some fool customs official mistaking a legal knife for a gravity knife because the pivot is so smooth.
angusW

Post by angusW »

Jet B wrote:I sincerely hope so.

Honestly, I would grab almost any Para 2 or Military sprint in one of those super steels if I see it for sale at my Canadian dealer of choice. (W&W).

Carbon Fiber is just my favorite handle material is all. That M390 Milly at Knifeworks with Carbon Fiber would be super sweet. I'm just chicken to order across the border and risk some fool customs official mistaking a legal knife for a gravity knife because the pivot is so smooth.
Hi Jet. I've bought quite a few from down south of us and not one of them have been confiscated. A couple have been opened but none taken. We're not at the same stage as Australia or the UK...yet.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
hunterseeker5

Post by hunterseeker5 »

For the record if you're looking for a great steel in some specific handle treatment some guy with tough thumbs I believe is doing custom handles made to order. You can have your carbon dreams come true. :P
Jet B

Post by Jet B »

angusW wrote:Hi Jet. I've bought quite a few from down south of us and not one of them have been confiscated. A couple have been opened but none taken. We're not at the same stage as Australia or the UK...yet.

Hi Angus,

Thanks very much for that information. I don't own a Military yet and I have been drooling over that M390/CF one that Knifeworks has up for pre-order.

Maybe I will take a chance on it. I wonder if they would adjust the pivot a bit tighter before shipping it.

Thanks again.

Jet B