R.I.P Steve Jobs

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
golddot370

R.I.P Steve Jobs

Post by golddot370 »

The news just reported his death.
International Order Of The SpyderEdge
Spydiefanatic #370
Emersonaholic #370
Team KillboX #370
Proud member of the N.R.A
'MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON MY ENEMIES, BECAUSE I WON'T.'
General George S. Patton
Luke 22:36
angusW

Post by angusW »

Wow. I guess it's real this time.

http://www.apple.com/stevejobs/
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Not a huge fan of the man, nor all his business decisions, but he certainly provided the motivation to the phone industry to improve their goods and he showed what a powerful machine PR can be. His influence was great and his push to provide a superb customer experience will continue to live on. RIP Steve.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The epitome of the American dream. Started a business in a garage and proved to be a creative and business genius.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

Steve Jobs humanized the computer experience and made the technology simple, friendly and enjoyable to use. I'll always remember the little jingle and smiley face Mac whenever I booted my first desktop computer, a MacIntosh 512k.

I'm buying an iPhone 4S just to pay tribute to the man.
juggler

Post by juggler »

Certainly not a perfect man, but definitely an outstanding one. He made things happen.
Donut

Post by Donut »

Wow, I just saw this.

To be honest, I don't know anything about him other than that he was the CEO of Apple. His name seems to have impressed a lot of people.

I can tell that the computer world is missing something. I know he will rest in peace.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

I've seen many a Pixar movie, pretty much made my childhood, and the man revolutionized what I carry in my pocket, and what I am typing this on right now. RIP Mr. Jobs
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

He was an awesome human being. I wish the best for his family and his company.

You'll be missed Steve. Greatly.

Did he change the world? I read of his death on an iPhone and I'm typing this on a Mac.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Drkknight614

Post by Drkknight614 »

RIP Jobs, I too am typing this one on of his devices.
Manix 2 DLC, Delica 4 FFG, Ladybug 3,County Comm H1 Ladybug 3 , Endura 4 FFG G10, C94 UKPK Leaf, Atlantic Salt, Military Camo DLC,Sage 1 Para 2 DLC, Delica 4.
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

When I was in college my friends had Apple II's. I went to see the Apple III and the LISA when they came out; both huge failures. On the edge of bankruptcy, partly bailed out by Microsoft, they rolled the dice with the Mac. After that, not as much drama, other than Jobs getting fired, but a wild ride.

My personal thanks to Jobs and Apple for the fact that the IPOD has a software switch that switches everything to mono so that I could once again hear music properly with headphones after going deaf in the left ear.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
SlideTechnik

Post by SlideTechnik »

One of the most influential people of our time. RIP.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Definately one of the most influential people in recent history. He was way too young. RIP.
Bradley

Post by Bradley »

On the lighter side, at least they got the iPhone 4s off in time, because now we know the iPhone 5 is gonna blow.
There is much to be learned from one who never speaks
quattrokid73

Post by quattrokid73 »

Don't fret. Apple will be fine. The reason Jobs was so successful is because he knew how to pick out and assemble talent. Tim Cook, Jonathan Ive, and the other head Apple execs will be able to run the company just fine.

Also, the products that will be coming out 2-4 years from now have already been designed. So, you will still get another generation or two of Jobs' work.

My opinion as a Product Designer is that Steve Jobs changed everything about the consumer electronics world. He worked tirelessly to meld the best software with the best hardware. Notice how well thought out your Macbook pro is? How about how the vents are hidden within the screen hinge, the ports are on the side so they don't interfere when the computer is on your lap, the ambient light sensors, perfectly integrated webcam, slot loading disc drive, multi touch, amazing battery life, and glowing apple logo....

Even the bottom of the computer is sexy. This is the mark of tireless effort.
http://www.coroflot.com/aham73

:spyder: Orange Millie, UKPK Orange, DP UKPK, FRN UKPK Maroon DP, Urban Wharnie, Chokwe, Zulu, Mini Persian G-10, Spin Etched, Leafstorm, Caly Jr Gray, Sage 3, Lum CF

Every machine is the spiritualization of an organism.
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

He will surely be missed.

An amazing story.

Hope the best to his friends and family.
Come Join Us Click Here
enduraguy

R.i.p.

Post by enduraguy »

I respect what he stood for "in general". Even though I disagree with the over hype his company uses on products like the iPhone. Saying it "just cannot do" certain things it certainly can.
Attachments
stevo.jpg
stevo.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
DiKa

Post by DiKa »

I respect him. The man realized so many of his ideas and dreams. He managed to change the way we communicate. R.I.P Steve.