Spyderco Native5 on the Way !

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
v8r

Post by v8r »

Wolverine666 wrote:There's a titanium version coming out ?!?!
Yes and it has a fluted handle also. ;)

Just got mine in the mailbox today and yeah its pretty pimp!
V8R

Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p
raven

Post by raven »

Wolverine666 wrote:Awesome !!! That pic is getting me more excited.
Sorry it's fuzzy ...I took the photo with my cell phone :o . This is a ROCK SOLID built folder, solid lock-up, no vertical or horizontal blade play, smooth opening, wicked sharp, great ergos, comfortable in hand. This model is top notch and anyone who has the chance to handle one or get one... Will Not Be Disappointed :cool: :cool:!!! Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

raven wrote:Sorry it's fuzzy ...I took the photo with my cell phone :o . This is a ROCK SOLID built folder, solid lock-up, no vertical or horizontal blade play, smooth opening, wicked sharp, great ergos, comfortable in hand. This model is top notch and anyone who has the chance to handle one or get one... Will Not Be Disappointed :cool: :cool:!!! Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
I am glad to hear about the solid lock-up and no vertical or horizontal blade play. I do not have much experience with "lock back" design knives in my adult life ( i have mostly Ball Bearing Lock types and Frame Locks in my knife collection). The Native5 is becoming more and more appealing by the minute !!!
Perry

Post by Perry »

The N5 is solid. The Para 2 –which I really like a lot– almost seems a bit flimsy compared to this N5. -P
Wolverine666

Post by Wolverine666 »

Perry wrote:The N5 is solid. The Para 2 –which I really like a lot– almost seems a bit flimsy compared to this N5. -P
I have the Para 2 and I like it but i definitely see what you mean when you say it appears somewhat flimsy compared to the Native5. The Native5 is (IMO) much more suited for concealed pocket carry and it's built like a mini juggernaut. I love it.
Mako109

How does the CF Native compare?

Post by Mako109 »

Different steels notwithstanding, I know the CF version lacks jimping on the spine (a big negative to me) and the handle appears to have a smaller lanyard hole (a negligible factor to me).

But curious how the overall dimensions, fit and finish of the new G10 Native compares to the previous CF Native? Pretty much equal?

Any owners of both CF and G10 versions prefer one over the other?