Brad Southard collab petition!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Woujld loved that knife in a cool steel....m390? S90v? Something cool for. An awesome collab
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I say +1 on the flipper.
On the hunt for...
Handwrecker

Post by Handwrecker »

That proto looks super nice, I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.
rororo64

Post by rororo64 »

I think Spyderco should have atleast one flipper in their line-up of knives, and this would be the perfect opportunity to incorporate it on a knife. Im really digging that proto pic, but maybe some CF instead of the g10?
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Woujld loved that knife in a cool steel....m390? S90v? Something cool for. An awesome collab
Actually how about CPM154
DeathBySnooSnoo

CPM154 sounds good to me...I wish that Spyderco would use it in something cool, or at all for that matter.
On the hunt for...
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Beautiful knife. Love CPM154.
Thinner blade and thinner handle for me though.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

CPM means more expensive too
Chris_Himself

Post by Chris_Himself »

Doesn't matter what steel, I'd just like that it was produced for relatively less, simple, and that it had a framelock and an enlarged thumbhole.

Spyderco HAS been doing a lot of Taichung collab reproductions though, I'd like to see a Golden, CO Southard collab with 154CM, tri-material construction, and I'd be willing to pay around 140-180 for it. Benchmade/Bradley have their Alias, we'd have this!

Spyderco did a great job with that Fluted ti millie showing us what they can do when cost is not an issue, I feel that custom collabs should be the same way. Brad's designs have mass appeal and I would own one already if it weren't for the 4-5 month backlog.
"Quality is not an accident. It's the result of focused intention, earnest effort, intelligent direction, and careful execution." - Front of the mid-year catalog
DeathBySnooSnoo

My guess is that it would be somewhere more along the Valloton price range...
On the hunt for...
jossta

Post by jossta »

I would def be down for one of these, love Brad's designs, but we also need a Burchtree collab petition.
Chibbi

Post by Chibbi »

I held it at the Amsterdam meet and begged Sal to produce it,,, oh, and please keep the flipper ! Flippers are fun !
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I have a number if flippers and while they are "fun" I'm not sure why Spyderco would change that which made them famous. I respect those opinions calling for a Spydie-flip, but I would rather see them in another brand of knife. Brad already does the "Spydie-hole... perhaps just enlarge it a bit and stay with the framelock....and a good steel. Just my 2 cents. Glad we all have a place to discuss this, probably better the decisions made by Sal & Co. Time will tell.
jossta

Post by jossta »

I dig it with a flipper and the hole. As long as it has the hole I don't see it as changing what they're famous for. Just building on it.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

michaelm466 wrote:Proto...
Thanks, Michael. That was exactly the knife I was talking about.

Depending on the steel used and price point, I'd be inclined to pick one up.
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Ever google your own name, and then find threads like this. Its humbling. Thank you guys! Glad you like the knife.
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Brad, you rock brother. I would gladly love to have a Spyderco / Brad Southard collaboration.

:) :spyder:
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Mr.Sparkitle

Post by Mr.Sparkitle »

I think a flipper with a whole would be an awesome knife to see. This also would be one of the few ways we could all get our hands on a Southard designed knife.
PE Military/CE Mini Manix/CE D'Allara/Yojimbo/Centofante 3//PE D4 Wave/PE D4 Wave/Sage 3/ZDP CE D4//Manix2/Barong/D2 ParaMili/G10 Endura//Manix2//M4 Manix2/Caly Jr./Sage II/M4 Military/Lum Tanto Sprint/MT01/MT02/MT03/MT04/MT05/MT06//FRN UKPK/Karambit/Bug/Honeybee/Grasshopper/Sprint Swick/Swick2/Chokwe//Military//ZDP Stretch//Delica//DayHiker/Lum Chinese//Sage/Chicago/Terzuola/Michael Walker/LeafStorm/SuperHawk/Gayle Bradly//Bushcraft/XHP Military//
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

I really like the knife as well. I got to hold it at the OKCA show, and it is nice. It fills the hand well and flips really well. I hope it catches on, cause I took a lot of lessons in design from that knife.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
cosmo7809

Post by cosmo7809 »

Brad S. wrote:Ever google your own name, and then find threads like this. Its humbling. Thank you guys! Glad you like the knife.
Cant say I have :cool:

Nice to see you around, you do some great work.
Come Join Us Click Here