what is the cheapest i will find a sage 1 for?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
alerin

Post by alerin »

Thank you 5.56, proud new owner of warrior for under $175, thanks again!
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

alerin wrote:Thank you 5.56, proud new owner of warrior for under $175, thanks again!
I was soooo close to picking up a Warrior as well. Probably should have, but maybe next time, if there is a next time.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

jackknifeh wrote:Don't worry about the price, just buy one the next time you are on the PC. I got one about a week ago and I finally have a knife that if I had to get rid of all the others and keep one, the Sage1 would be the one. Get the cheapest price you can of course but definately get one. I have never been able to name one to keep. I'd hate to loose the others but the Sage1 will be in my pocket when the others are in other's pockets. Others will feel differently but I finally have "my one". Another plug for the Sage1, it is right beside the Gayle Bradley, my other knife I'm EDC at the moment. I got the GB a week before the Sage and it was "the one". Now the Sage is. Oh, in case I forget to tell you. I like the Sage1. :D

Jack
Just in case you didn't get it the first time. I like the Sage1 so I got a second one from the poorfish site. It's my first "backup" knife. It's the first one I considered seriously. I did consider it with the Michael Walker but by the time it occurred to me they were so expensive I didn't do it. I wouldn't have done it this time if it wasn't for the coupon code I learned about on this forum so this is at least one sale that Sal & Co. can KNOW is a DIRECT result of this forum. There are lots of sales because of people complimenting Spyderco knives but this sale I wouldn't have made without the knowledge I got from the forum. But, I still wouldn't have done it if Spyderco hadn't created such a fine knife. The people I have to thank is growing. So, thanks.

Jack
casey1

Post by casey1 »

i know about the poorfish deal but the shipping made it almost 90 which was just about the same as amazon
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Yeah, ever since poorfish got rid of the free shipping, their deals are not as good as they used to be.
:bug-red-white
Bearcat1

Post by Bearcat1 »

I was lucky to get my used one on fleabay for $65. It had some minor marks on the blade which was also dull but I did not mind. After i received the knife I have to say they are very nice. I am sure you will enjoy one when you get it. :)

Post by 5.56 »

jabba359 wrote:Thanks for sharing! I already have a Sage 1, but couldn't pass up a Sage 2 for $120 and PPT for $105!
jackknifeh wrote:I see it for $109.99. When do I see the discount? Will it show up during the purchas process?

Jack
PS edit: Nevermind. Just bought.

Thanks.
alerin wrote:Thank you 5.56, proud new owner of warrior for under $175, thanks again!
You're welcome guys.

I picked up a Ti Military for $157.00 :eek:

Poorfish quickly pulled them down after that. I think they were in the red on that one. :D
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

5.56 wrote:You're welcome guys.

I picked up a Ti Military for $157.00 :eek:

Poorfish quickly pulled them down after that. I think they were in the red on that one. :D
Was there a limit on how many knives you could buy on the order you use the discount code? I ordered one Sage1 even with the high shipping. Then I thought I should have ordered two. The second knife would really have been a good deal because the shipping was already paid and a second knife in the same box shouldn't raise the shipping charges. I emailed poorfish asking them if I could change my order to two instead of one knives. I used paypal so the money came out of there automatically. I don't know if they can re-do that. If I had just used a card they could just up the charge on the card I think. After I placed the order I immediately thought of at least one person who would take the second one off my hands at that price. So, I'm wondering if they will increase the order. If they stopped the sale they probably won't do it for me. :(

Another thought. If multiple knives on the same order with a coupon code and getting a great price is possible it would benifit a group of people to have one person place the order for several knives and when he/she gets them ship them to the one who had sent him/her the money. Maybe one guy could get 3 - 10 knives with only one shipping charge. Of course that would require some trust. I would go for something like that I think.

Jack

Post by 5.56 »

jackknifeh wrote:Was there a limit on how many knives you could buy on the order you use the discount code?
No limit that I know of. It was a storewide discount.
-Rob

Knuckle dragger
JaM

Post by JaM »

Just picked up a Sage 1. What a knife ! :) Love it.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

$85 shipped. New on BladeForums. You have to be patient to get good deals on spydies. I keep BF open on my iPhone and refresh it a few times per day. That way if any good knives come along I have a shot at them.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja