$99 HP Touchpads - FIRESALE!!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

justinl wrote: As a sidenote, I wonder what will happen to all the touchpad specific accessories now? like the cover, the touchpad inductive charger, screen protectors etc. Do you predict those will go on sale soon?
I hope so. Wouldnt mind getting a cover. The case looks like one heck of a fingerprint magnet.
"It's like he channels dead crazy people!"-Brock Samson
Officially corrupted by Sequimite
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

Want list: ZDP Stretch, Original and New Yojimbos, Perrin PPT
My wish-existed list: More MBC-esque blades.

jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

sarguy wrote:Is it just me, or did HP just find the magic pricepoint? ;)

I can't wait for the android port :D
Hi Sarguy,

I think HP found the ONLY price point. They are trying to salvage the best of a bad situation. HP just dumped their Smartphone's and Touchpad's. So if you are also looking for a Smartphone, I suspect HP will be blowing out the Palm Pre Plus for next to nothing also. Just a word of caution, since this item has been discontinued by the manufacturer, there will most likely be NO support for any trouble you have with the device. Not to mention, NO apps being developed for it. HP is looking to sell or scuttle their WebOS also, which is what comes on the touchpad.
On the positive side, it's a heck of a deal for a tablet. Still tons of stuff to do with it at 100.00.
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

I am getting frustrated. Where are you guys ordering from? I have placed 3 orders for 1 tablet from 3 different places and I get the feeling they are all canceled after talking to CS reps. with all the hundreds of thousands of touchpads unsold in the US how could it be this hard to get one?

My B&N order says "unable to process call xxx-xxx-xxxx" but when I call the automated system just hangs up on me. Cost Central said they will fill orders as they were placed and they will be slowly process over the next few days.

Office depot seems to have no clue what they got themselves into.

I'm not surprised that these places weren't prepared for what is happening, but you think the ones who are lowering their price today or yesterday would have learned a lesson from what happened on Friday to the first retailers

I'm glad other people are able to get one because I have been trying to place an order since Friday night and it seems as if I still won't be getting one. **** with it. If I get one, I get one. I am not going to keep calling these nitwit customer service reps trying to figure out what is up with my orders. I'm sure the price in the secondary market will drop over time when people lose interest.

Good luck to all of you. If you find a site with some in stock let me know, i'll do the same.
:spyder:Current Spydies:spyder:
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

:spyder:En Route:spyder:
Spyderco Navaja
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

I ordered from B&N.
I made 2 different orders for one each. I got emails on them saying everything was good and today I got a emaile saying that one of the orders was shipping but just 5 min later I get a emais that said they just canceled that order. The other order is in limbo right now. On the web site it says waiting to ship but I have not received a email on it yet.
I would not be surprised if that order gets canceled as well...
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

gunnut35 wrote:I ordered from B&N.
I made 2 different orders for one each. I got emails on them saying everything was good and today I got a emaile saying that one of the orders was shipping but just 5 min later I get a emais that said they just canceled that order. The other order is in limbo right now. On the web site it says waiting to ship but I have not received a email on it yet.
I would not be surprised if that order gets canceled as well...
Just read somewhere that B&N has orders all canceled or on hold. Mine says "waiting to ship" but when you go to the My Account tab at the top and click on "order status" it says the audit department has a hold on it. I guess a lot of people have this. They must be trying to work out stock issues.

Good luck buddy. I'm walking away from this disaster for awhile. Need a break from the internet black friday BS that is going down. I NEVER participate in this stuff, but the Touchpad made me do it :o
Blue Delica 4, Jigged Bone Delica-Orange, G10 Delica, ZDP-189 Delica 4, Tenacious, Caly3 CF, Manix 2 DLC, Para2 Digicam, Sage 3, Sage 1, G-10 Dragonfly, Etched Cricket, Salt, Ladybug ZDP-189, Ladybug White SE, Ladybug Hawkbill Salt, Mule Team 11 - M390 w/ custom kydex sheath

Spyderco Navaja
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I tried and tried and tried to get one here in Toronto. But I had no luck at all. Then HP Canada had them on their site and I had one in my shopping cart and the site went down, by the time I got it back my cart was empty and the link to add it to your cart was gone. I was not pleased...and I can't find them anywhere else. Very disappointed. I was really looking forward to getting one and getting Android on it. Would have been perfect for what I need it for. Day to day calender stuff, checking email, and when travelling...keeping me entertained with Kindle and a few movies.

If anyone happens to find any for sale in the Toronto area, please let me know!
On the hunt for...
jwingfie

Post by jwingfie »

Man, reading all of this makes me really glad I was able to find some in stores. All of this ordering and canceling would be driving me crazy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

jwingfie wrote:Man, reading all of this makes me really glad I was able to find some in stores. All of this ordering and canceling would be driving me crazy.
Well B&N just canceled my other order so I guess that money can go to another knife.. :rolleyes:
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

B&N just cancelled mine, too. I'd have kept looking if I knew that this would have happened. I emailed them a nice little complaint, for all the good that will do.
Own:E4W E4W trainer, D4W, D4W trainer, Centofante 4, Swick II, FFG E4 w/ foliage green G-10,Mule Team 5 and 6

gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Ok I checked again and my second order wa.s not canceled but the last email was just another cancelation email of my first order..
On B&N my order says it will ship by the 24th..
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

Some ppl are saying on the slickdeals site that b and n hasnt really cancelled alk the orders, they just mass emailed everyone due to the huge orders. Probably not true, but Im kinda torqued. B and N customer service was clueless, too.

WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

sarguy wrote:Some ppl are saying on the slickdeals site that b and n hasnt really cancelled alk the orders, they just mass emailed everyone due to the huge orders. Probably not true, but Im kinda torqued. B and N customer service was clueless, too.
Mine was canceled too. Just goes to show what kind of grasp retailers have on their stock.

Oh well, just keep your eyes on the HP site this week. They will be getting more and you will have to get in quick to get one there

I have two more orders that haven't been updated yet. If I get both, one will go to a lucky forumite who doesn't yet have one... you have to pay what I did for it though :D

Honestly i wouldn't be surprised if all 3 of mine end up getting canceled. Whatever. I may sell a few spydies and buy a iPad2. At least I know what to expect from apple. If they are out of stock they won't dick me around and make me order one, then cancel, etc.

Up until Friday I thought the touchpad was absolute ****... it sort of is, but it isn't $300 ******** than the iPad2 so it is still a good value. The iPad is definitely slicker in every way. Only downside I see is the lack of flash in the browser, but I can live without flash. I barely use it on my desktop at this point.

Spyderco Navaja
sarguy

Post by sarguy »

It was the "cheaper than a 9" screen kindle to read all the PDF files for school, plus a web browser" for $99 that really made me sit up and take notice. Otherwise I wouldn't have even considered getting one at this point. Now, I really want one, darnit!

WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

Keep in mind that hundreds of thousands of these are stuck at various points of the distribution channels. BestBuys sent most of their stock back to HP before deciding to sell them on Sun. HP has confirmed they will be getting more this week and will be notifying people when they are back in stock. At some point people have to lose interest. Just cause they aren't making anymore doesn't mean you won't get one. It just depends on how much **** you are willing to eat while looking for one.

There are people out there ordering a **** load of them to resell and I think they will end up at the $150-$200 Price in ebay within the next week.

Buying a discounted touchpad is just like finding a good price on a Spydie. I bid on 6 G10 delicas before finding one on the forums for $90. Patience is virtue.

I have a feeling that those who want one will get one eventually. Maybe at a small premium or after placing multiple orders, but there are retailers planning on future stock despite HP not making anymore.

Spyderco Navaja
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Dang mine got canceled too. I think I might just suck it up and buy an iPad!
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

My Office Depot order has shipped and shows a delivery date of Friday. I got this an email from Cost Central:

"We would like to thank you for your recent order of an HP Touchpad.

Due to an overwhelming response to this item, we will require additional time to process and ship these orders. If you chose expedited shipping, your order will ship via that method however it will still take additional time to process your order. Rest assured we are working as quickly as possible to process your order.

We received tens of thousands of orders for the HP Touchpads. We have restructured our support team to help with the processing of these orders. In order to allow our support staff to work on processing these order, we ask that you please refrain from contacting us for the status of your order. Once your order has been processed and shipped, you will automatically receive an email with tracking information. If we should encounter an issue with your order, you will be contacted directly.

If you have concerns if you order has been received; you may log into your CostCentral.com account and your order should appear in your order history.

We do apologize for the delay and rest assured your order will be filled as soon as possible and that your credit card will not be charged until your order is ready to ship."

It SOUNDS like I might be getting two of these, but I don't want to say for sure yet. Like I said before, IF I do get two I want to pass one along to a forumite who didn't get one.

If I get a shipping confirmation on the Cost Central order I will let you all know. I will then update you again when it arrives, and will give you at least a few hours heads up when I plan on *Edited*

If someone else gets to it before you I have to be fair, but I want my fellow Spydie addicts to get a leg up on the competition.

Spyderco Navaja
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

PM sent
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
gunnut35

Post by gunnut35 »

Man I have no idea what's going on.
One order was canceled by B&N and one still looks like it will ship tomorrow but they have charged me for both orders.
So does that mean I will be getting both orders?
WalzAaronFFG

Post by WalzAaronFFG »

No idea what is going on with B&N. Mine is canceled and not charged.

I am writing that one off for now, one is shipping (Office Depot 16GB), one is in limbo(Cost Central 32GB).

I would suggest that everyone still follows the SlickDeals wiki as there are updates coming about potential availability at HP tomorrow.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread ... it41815736

This thread will be updated several times about my second order as I know more. I don't want to keep talking about *Edited* ... because I don't think the mods here would appreciate it. I PROMISE that I will keep everyone here informed as to what is going on.

Spyderco Navaja
angusW

Post by angusW »

Thanks Aaron. We appreciate the updates.
Member of the LH Military club.

My Spydies